COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Question regarding the Distiller/Vintner kits

I purchased a few Vintner kits thinking that would be neat, to make wine in-game. But then I was thinking about it and began to wonder about a few things.

• Will the crafting system for brews and wines be more than set it and forget it? I know everything can't have an intricate system like Blacksmithing, but I was curious if there was some depth to it.

• Will we be able to create our own labels? Raid foods and such have long been a staple of gaming, but rarely has an industry been built in-game where the Chef got much credit. It would be neat to own a famous winery and create much sought after wines. Maybe even just name the item after pulling it from the crafting station or such? I can RP the rest on my own, haha.

If anyone could shed some light on those two questions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks everyone, Count Rydel Sleak

8/14/2018 6:24:04 PM #1

I don't think the devs will flesh out only the popular jobs and trades and leave the rest in the dust for NPC work. Everything is connected and they're even making as close to a real economy as possible. There is some 'set it and forget it' alongside brewing, but I would imagine the timing then would be all the more important, such as how long to brew, when it's done brewing, etc. I think it will have a similar system to cooking. Have you been to a brewery before? Tours are usually free and they're very informative. Some tours give you free beer. Go get drunk and do research for CoE :P

As for the labels and everything, devs have said you can put your seal or crest on belongings to show they're yours. I don't see why that wouldn't work for a brand you create. Appraisers will probably have the ability to find out where items originate from, so it would just be a matter of people associating that label with you, which would be entering the fame system.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

8/22/2018 3:22:11 AM #2

Haha, yeah there we go, I'm heading to the brewery for "research", yes. There is the excuse I was looking for, haha.

Yeah, I would hope you are right with the crafting depth, no sense in going all in for one and then barely do any for another. It would also make sense that it would be similar to cooking.

Yeah, even a seal or crest would be enough for me, I think that would be awesome in the game, really being able to own a vineyard/brewery type business.

8/24/2018 6:29:08 PM #3

I'm curious about how one would generate unique/new recipes. Or would I just mix in, say, Ox Blood for something new?

8/26/2018 1:28:33 PM #4

Posted By Azzerhoden Razeri at 2:29 PM - Fri Aug 24 2018

I'm curious about how one would generate unique/new recipes. Or would I just mix in, say, Ox Blood for something new?

I'm wondering if it might work along the same lines as it is for such crafts as weaponsmithing or armor crafting. In those cases they have told us that they are using a "modular" system. It's in some of the crafting DJs and also mentioned in a couple of the weapon prototypes they have released so far.

For an example they described a "sword" as having 4 parts: a blade, a hilt, a grip, and a pommel. You craft (or buy) each part individually as your skill (or wallet) allows and then either you assemble them yourselves (if you have the skill) or you pay somebody to put it together for you.

With that being said, I would think we could be dealing with that same principle in your "cooking" type recipes. In a beer making example I would say the components would possibly be: the grain for the mash, the hops for the bitterness, the water, any other type of flavorings (?) and maybe the aging time.

Varying these ingredients would be the way you would customize your "brew." The same way you would customize your sword by changing the hilt shape or some part like that. More hops equals a more bitter beer and so on.

Not sure if I'd want Ox Blood Ale, but who knows? Perhaps to the Janoan palate it might be a real taste sensation. It's all about the marketing. Think of what they get for that coffee that's already been digested by rodents.

But that's just a semi-educated guess based on following the logic of the stuff they have told us so far. Your mileage may vary.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!