COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
REFUND

8/5/2018 12:09:26 PM #1

8/5/2018 1:55:07 PM #2

You should probably direct this question to the devs directly rather than in the general forums to get a more useful answer.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

8/5/2018 2:13:07 PM #3

When you donated money to this game you should have done it with the knowledge that you may or may not see a game come to fruition. There have been many games start out on kickstarter either never release or get heavily delayed. When I donated, I did it with the thought process that I may not ever see anything come of the money I spent. That being said, delayed or not I still have faith the creators will complete Chronicles of Elyria.

8/5/2018 2:52:33 PM #4

Posted By Bur at 10:13 AM - Sun Aug 05 2018

When you donated money to this game you should have done it with the knowledge that you may or may not see a game come to fruition. There have been many games start out on kickstarter either never release or get heavily delayed. When I donated, I did it with the thought process that I may not ever see anything come of the money I spent. That being said, delayed or not I still have faith the creators will complete Chronicles of Elyria.

I guess some people dont understand what an investment is.

8/5/2018 6:44:54 PM #5

You expected an MMO to be developed in a year?

Interesting...

Imgur

8/5/2018 6:53:29 PM #6

Firstly, SbS does not offer refunds, as per their Terms of Use under Kickstarter and Fundraising.

Any funds so raised shall be earned by Soulbound Studios and are non-refundable. Such funds shall be applied to the direct provision of any Purchase made and/or to the cost of provision of the Services. Soulbound Studios shall use best efforts to deliver Services purchased pre-release on or before the estimated release date for the Services. However, you acknowledge and agree such delivery date is not a firm promise and may be extended by Soulbound Studios. Any portion of funds raised for the provision of the Services shall be non-refundable, unless such funds shall be deemed refundable under terms of services of the third-party service through which those funds for the provision of Services were procured and in effect at the time of provision of those funds. In consideration of Soulbound Studios' use of best efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Services utilizing, in part or in whole, the funds raised for the provision of Services, you agree any amounts raised shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not Soulbound Studios actually delivers the Services. In consideration for the promises by Soulbound Studios, you agree you shall irrevocable waive any claim for refund of any such funds.

Since you mentioned it, Kickstarter also places all responsibility for any transactions to the project creator and takes no responsibility for the delay or cancellation of a project as stated in their FAQ here and here

Specifically, in the second Kickstarter link, it says the following:

Kickstarter does not issue refunds. Transactions are between backers and creators directly.

To request a refund for a pledge, please contact the project creator.

In section 4 of their terms they also say this:

Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised.

If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers.

Right now, the project is still in active development and, while their have been minor delays, it's only been a little over two years since the completion of the Kickstarter campaign and we're still very much on track to complete development within the next year or two.