COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How will curing etc work in game?

This ones not related to the minigame:

If plague is present in Elyria, is there any indication how much effort it will take to control it within settlements? For example, if there are skilled professionals / priests with the right kit in settlements, will they passively (like taverns) negate the plague or with not too much effort? Will the rate of plague reduction be a measure of the skill / ability / workers present?

Will that mean that the criminal survival types who want the harder challenge factor get their wish too, as they may be unable to approach settlements to seek treatment?

8/6/2018 2:29:28 PM #1

I personally hope it’s not a passive well anything. I’m hoping that if someone is sick and they interact with others there is a chance based on how sick they are to pass it on. To cure it requires the sick to seek out a healer with the skills needed.

Passively preventing or curing it takes away the need for actual medical professionals in game.

8/23/2018 7:43:46 PM #2

They do have Physician Kits in the game, with: 1 Oilcloth Smock 1 Oilcloth Apron 1 Pair of Leather Gloves 1 Pair of Leather Boots 1 Herb Pouch 1 Mortar and Pestle 1 Recipe: Wound Salve 1 Recipe: Cooling Tincture

So I think it is safe to assume that active doctors in the game will be needed.