COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Custom Coat of Arms

Custom Coat of Arms, looking forward to making and submitting a custom coat of arms. There was another game on Kickstarter I kickstarted, the name doesn't matter, but it too had "Custom Coat of Arms" in a pledge package I backed and the process for submitting was a nightmare to be honest, and that is putting it mildly, I'd say that's an understatement. I highly recommend the Elyria team set the requirements for the custom coat of arms such as the dimensions, etc, etc, before rather than later, but perhaps they have a strict schedule with it in mind at a much later date. It's just we the fans can do all the heavy lifting of making the custom coat of arms in the required size and format and can send it on over to the Elyria team and you can save the heraldry in a folder for the future, that way when the game comes close to testing the coat of arms will already be for the most part there to be added/extracted/modified etc, to save time, even make the submission window 1 year so everyone has time to make one and submit. In the other game I kickstarted I had to submit my design 3 times over the space of easily 2 years and the design was approved, rejected, approved, rejected, approved, even though the design never changed, the same design approved 3 times and rejected 2 times. So to save time it would be cool to know about when and where to submit and know what the requirements are, to help save time and give everyone time to make their custom coat of arms, thank you.

• Razimus Dragon
8/7/2018 10:29:26 AM #1

There's going to be a program where you can make your coat of arms from various choices available to you. (Technically it's an achievement though since you can get torses, supporters and mantling.)

These choices will depend on your pledge level, your social rank, any extras that you've bought in the store and post-launch on familial deeds. Personally, I suspect we will get a few very similar devices but that's realistic (earliest recorded 'copyright' cases were heraldry courts.)

The only people who have a truly custom coat of arms are the king pledges.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/12/2018 6:17:40 AM #2

Chipla said it. It's a program that allows you to customize your Cost of Arms using a premade components. Only Monarch pledges get a truly custom, made by the artist, CoA.

NA-W "Angelica"

8/12/2018 10:12:28 PM #3

Okay thanks

• Razimus Dragon
8/23/2018 7:11:00 PM #4

I just hope there are plenty of options, so I can at least match the one I made.

Launceston

10/17/2018 10:12:11 PM #5

So it's not worth making a custom coat of arms if there premade options.

Friend Code:AA9ACA

10/17/2018 10:26:44 PM #6

Posted By quette4000 at 11:12 PM - Wed Oct 17 2018

Well people have done it for roleplay purposes and creating communities but when it comes to making them in-game I presume people will make them as close as possible to what they've already envisioned. Wont be exact replica but I reckon people could get close enough.

10/17/2018 10:38:41 PM #7

Posted By quette4000 at 2:12 PM - Wed Oct 17 2018

It'll be worth it in a way as SBS is looking at what people have done for some inspiration. However I have the feeling that there will be some interesting options, that people haven't really thought of, for some of the Tribe specific flair.

Many people are hard stuck on European Heraldry, and I'm hoping that we can get some examples of the Tribe specific Heraldry, so that people can adjust their personal ideas... but for that we need to know what tribes we are likely to be, and that means we need maps, and domain selection to happen.

10/17/2018 11:30:48 PM #8

This is the reason why I haven't created a dedicated Coat of Arms. We will be using what SBS provides in the end. :)

Kingdom of Ashland - Duchy of Fioralba - County of Agostinei - Mayor of Absylon

10/17/2018 11:44:16 PM #9

Posted By chipla at 04:29 AM - Tue Aug 07 2018

There's going to be a program where you can make your coat of arms from various choices available to you. (Technically it's an achievement though since you can get torses, supporters and mantling.)

These choices will depend on your pledge level, your social rank, any extras that you've bought in the store and post-launch on familial deeds. Personally, I suspect we will get a few very similar devices but that's realistic (earliest recorded 'copyright' cases were heraldry courts.)

The only people who have a truly custom coat of arms are the king pledges.

What is "torses, supporters, and mantling"?

10/17/2018 11:58:48 PM #10

Posted By Barleyman at 12:44 AM - Thu Oct 18 2018

Answer

10/18/2018 2:00:07 AM #11

Posted By Stormbreaker at 7:58 PM - Wed Oct 17 2018

[Answer](http://conversations.marketing-partners.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/coato

Strictly speaking, your link does not point out what torses refers to. Here it is specified better.

10/18/2018 10:28:15 AM #12

You may want to check Bombastus' Guide to Heraldry for answers.

As back in the days, Caspian gave early supporters some rather precise indications of what would be possible with the custom coat-of-arms in CoE, and what features would be accepted for the different ranks of nobility/aristocraty/gentry.

Kurugi [A5D079]

10/18/2018 11:18:01 AM #13

Posted By Poldano at 03:00 AM - Thu Oct 18 2018

Posted By Stormbreaker at 7:58 PM - Wed Oct 17 2018

[Answer](http://conversations.marketing-partners.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/coato

Strictly speaking, your link does not point out what torses refers to. Here it is specified better.

True although I think the point was well made that it's all the crap that goes around the shield. lol