COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Do we have any idea when Beta 1 might happen?

I have been thinking again about buying in at the beta 1 level so I can play that and have a surname. There used to be a tentative schedule set up but I cant find it now. ive not been on the site for awhile.

I am thinking it might happen first quarter of 2019? I looked through the news section on this site and cant find anything.

8/7/2018 10:49:22 PM #1

According to the most update timeline we have, it should be happening in the first semester of 2019. However, it could easily be pushed back. Alpha 1 was supposed to happen during the first trimester of this year, but it hasn't happened yet.

Taking a break and don't know when I will be back.

8/8/2018 1:16:45 AM #2

Ok, thanks for the response. If this game lives up to what it is supposed to be it should be a revolution in MMO gameplay.

8/27/2018 6:44:51 PM #3

Posted By Maldorf at 8:16 PM - Tue Aug 07 2018

Ok, thanks for the response. If this game lives up to what it is supposed to be it should be a revolution in MMO gameplay.

I hope it does, the realism of your character growing old and permanently dying will mean there's something more lose so you can't LEROY JENKINS into a situation. And the no set quest mechanic means that 2 million people can't brag about beating the same boss, so it brings back a certain accomplishment to doing things

8/27/2018 7:42:18 PM #4

It’s ages away. Just wait until they announce Alpha. My guess is Alpha will come out next year April-May and id say the game will come out 2020/2021. My suggestion is subscribe to the email updates and come back when Alpha is announced.

9/23/2018 6:43:58 PM #5

VoxElyria will be the first thing to be looking for.

To live is to battle.

9/23/2018 7:33:40 PM #6

Considering there is no word on alpha 1 yet, or even pre alpha outside of devs friends and family, it’s probably still quite a while away.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/23/2018 8:05:05 PM #7

Posted By Arzi at 8:43 PM - Sun Sep 23 2018

VoxElyria, lol, totally forgot about that one. Maybe because we have been waiting for it for almost a year...

Do not get me wrong. The game will take its time, but in honesty or joking, you guess which. I could just as well find the right woman and have a child while waiting for the release...

Christmas 2019... yeah, not so much hope lately, but maybe Beta 1 or 2.

Roger, roger, Kipyq over and out!

10/8/2018 5:57:27 PM #8

Posted By Ibenholt at 4:05 PM - Sun Sep 23 2018

VoxElyria, lol, totally forgot about that one. Maybe because we have been waiting for it for almost a year...

Do not get me wrong. The game will take its time, but in honesty or joking, you guess which. I could just as well find the right woman and have a child while waiting for the release...

Yeah, you're not kidding. I was part of the Star Citizen Kickstarter and, as I'm sure everyone here knows, it's still not officially released yet, though you can test parts of it.

I wonder how many people have dropped dead waiting for it to come out. Or just from waiting for Squadron 42, for that matter.

10/8/2018 6:34:18 PM #9

My guess would be late 2019.

Posted By Nobody Special at 12:57 PM - Mon Oct 08 2018

Posted By Ibenholt at 4:05 PM - Sun Sep 23 2018

Yeah, you're not kidding. I was part of the Star Citizen Kickstarter and, as I'm sure everyone here knows, it's still not officially released yet, though you can test parts of it.

I wonder how many people have dropped dead waiting for it to come out. Or just from waiting for Squadron 42, for that matter.

Star citizen got a lot more funding than they expected and then feature creep kicked in. It’s nkt neccesarily a bad thing, but it did delay launch a lot.
I just hope it doesn’t get stuck in an infinite feature creep loop.

CoE doesn’t have that luxury problem (yet, at least) and although I hope CoE gets lots of funding, I hope they won’t get that much feature creep.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/8/2018 9:33:57 PM #10

Beta one I feel may be awhile but alpha one I feel is just around the bend. They are putting all the systems together which pretty much means they are almost at the alpha stages, since alpha is when all the primary systems are set in place.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99