COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Sell your soul

Hey. I just had a discussion with a few people about the plague and thought that grandfather Nurggle would be pleased with how this was going and there came a legit question to my mind, or a suggestion: I wounder if you will be able to sell your soul to another entity. (I do not really expect an answer from the devs, because they would not tell us if you could), but just think about it: You strike a deal with a demon, the devil, a god whatever and promise them your soul upon death. that means you loose that soul when you die, but gain a significant advantage in life like a longer lifespan, great power or knowledge, magic or some other really good advantage, scalling with the power and age of the soul.

I think this would make for great events, storylines and serve the game balance since it would remove old souls from the pool, giving new players less of a disadvantage.

Thoughts?

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

8/8/2018 7:12:36 PM #1

Huh. That's definitely an interesting mechanic, although if that was possible I'd also be worried about entities stealing my soul against my will. And then I'd just cry.

My latest D&D character was a peppy forest gnome pyromaniac. Guess what tribe I'm playing when Elyria releases. ~Arndis: county of Oakmoon, duchy of Drakeolm, kingdom of Blackheart, realm of Angelica.

8/8/2018 10:11:21 PM #2

You can become lich, Which involves putting your soul into a vessel or item. You would get amazing powers and can't die. The only way someone can stop you is by taking your soul item and destroy it and you have to start with new soul with no buffs

Count of Toxai

8/8/2018 10:12:56 PM #3

Or vampire that drains the souls of men. But you'll have all weaknesses like no sun and have to continually drain people or die like a lich.

Count of Toxai

8/9/2018 3:25:34 AM #4

As usual, be careful what you wish for. One of the side effects of "losing your soul" might be losing control of your character's actions either partially or totally. For example, a lich or vampire character might automatically do dastardly things while it is an OPC. We don't know yet. Perhaps we won't know beforehand what all the effects will be.

8/9/2018 3:36:32 AM #5

I really hope that there are other good, neutral, or evil options for selling your soul that dont involve you just being a lich, vamp, or werewhatever. I hope there is more of a dynamic range of ascension options.

I am good with the tradeoffs of not feeding properly as a vampire and losing control when the cravings get too bad or what my vampire self might do in my abscence.

Just like jarring my sould into a vessel I accept that I might perma lose that soul. Though I would hope that you could do other things with it other than just destroying it outwright like distilling it into a potion and drinking it and trapping a persons soul inside you until you die and have the power to command or control the lich or put it inside other things like golems or animals or any number of inanamate objects.

There is a lot you could do to extort a lich who you could just destroy their soul and cost them years of progression and money instantly. And have them do your bidding or they die.

Just like I hope that there are likewise nature based ascension type classes or augments.

Along with good versions as well to combat things like liches.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/11/2018 12:43:41 AM #6

Maybe I do not want to life forever? Maybe I want to make a deal with the devil for something diffrent. Money. Power, Lust, Vengence...there a lot of reasons. Maybe you lost your throne and want to gain it back. Would you sell your soul to destroy the usper who got you kicked out? Would you do it for knowledge? Skill? Talents? Sell your soul to be able to sumon demons and enslave them.

Being a lich is boring. :D

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

8/11/2018 3:38:31 AM #7

its all about power. If you like building up your soul to the point where there is nothing left to learn or that you have built up multiple souls and have lived multiple legendary lives there are options to still progress.

Or perhaps you have a soul you dont mind trashing for quick as well as lasting power and the oppertunity to use it without caring if you burn a soul in the process.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/23/2018 7:32:29 PM #8

What I find interesting about this entire event is that within our own guild discord, other players have seen all the activity around CoE and have expressed new interest. Good right?

WRONG!

We have to give them the info about the plague, and then tell them to not create an account unless they plan on actively working the event. Otherwise they make things worse.