COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Favourite Elyrian jobs?

Just hoping to chat about what jobs people think will be most fun! I'm planning on playing as a craftsman or artisan and trader, maybe go Kypiq and dabble in animal breeding so I can get on top of those silk exports.

How about y'all? :)

My latest D&D character was a peppy forest gnome pyromaniac. Guess what tribe I'm playing when Elyria releases. ~Arndis: county of Oakmoon, duchy of Drakeolm, kingdom of Blackheart, realm of Angelica.

8/8/2018 6:30:25 PM #1

I'm probably going to be a gatherer of some description... Maybe a woodsman or a miner, I've not quite decided, but I think I'd like to be out in the world than spending most of the time around the city.

Part of the Kingdom of Bordweall.

8/8/2018 6:32:51 PM #2

Those are going to be important jobs, and as a future crafter I'm sure many like me will be in need of your services,

My latest D&D character was a peppy forest gnome pyromaniac. Guess what tribe I'm playing when Elyria releases. ~Arndis: county of Oakmoon, duchy of Drakeolm, kingdom of Blackheart, realm of Angelica.

8/8/2018 6:37:52 PM #3

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the forestry mechanics will work (I've not looked too much into the game design yet). I'm hoping that it will be somewhat like Life is Feudal where you can take saplings and plant trees, so a good woodsman will have to actively maintain their forest or risk running out of wood in the area.

Part of the Kingdom of Bordweall.

8/8/2018 6:39:26 PM #4

oh, almost definitely. They do advertise "extinction is real", so players will definitely have to replant, avoid overhunting, etc. in order to keep being prosperous. Should be a lot of fun.

8/8/2018 10:15:52 PM #5

Educator, Helping people buff up their skills and provide a community where their heirs can get assisted.

Count of Toxai

8/9/2018 5:01:31 AM #6

Beekeeper.

8/9/2018 5:22:55 AM #7

Gravedigger/Undertaker/Mortisian/Tender of the Dead..

Whatever the Dras call the ones carving art on the skulls of their dead and propping them up to air dry.

Flooded with swampwater or not, I want to have a crypt filled with bones and skulls.

8/9/2018 5:33:18 AM #8

Definitely going the animal husbandry route myself! Look forward to seeing you around :)

8/9/2018 7:31:14 AM #9

Transport. I think it would be cool to have a horse and carriage to transport people like a Lyft or Uber would. lmao =D

Kenzarth

8/9/2018 1:41:16 PM #10

For now I'll say an agricultural producer. Of course it's hard to make plans until after domain and settlement selection, but I'd like to own some land, grow some food and/or raise some livestock, and possibly get into mount breeding.

However I've been eyeing up the Vintner and Distiller kits on the store right now. Might be cool to put Kypiq Brandy on the world map, like Russian vodka or Jamaican rum. Become the Glenfiddich of Elyria :)

8/9/2018 3:53:22 PM #11

Most fun and what I plan to play are two very much different things, as I believe most of the most rewarding activities in this game will also carry stupendous degrees of risk. But:

• Pit fighter. Generally the odds are stacked against you, you'll wind up fighting a wide variety of combatants (humans, beasts, and what some people might consider monsters), and it'd be an extremely fast way to ramp up player skill (and possibly character skill) with weapons and general agility. Not to mention fame.

• Dras scout/ambusher. Homeland defence for the Dras during times of war or crisis will be some of the most interesting play in the game. Guerilla warfare is not fair, honourable, or merciful... and working to ensure maximum damage while never being discovered, captured or killed by the enemy would be a hell of a challenge. Working to make best use of natural hazards in conjunction with your character's own skillset and equipment would be hugely appealling to me.

• Poisoner. Not specifically an assassin; a poisoner. For some of the same reasons as the above job. How does an espionage agent poison specific members of a table from the same dish without suspicion falling on him/her or the serving staff? How does one ensure that a certain lord or lady will fall ill or die after coming into contact with a certain object that their cleaning staff must life or move to do their jobs? How can a brother be framed for a seemingly amateur botch-job that only just fails to kill the scion of his house with nobody suspecting the use of a third party to do the work? This is a job for those who take satisfaction from a job whose results they never directly witness. And it would be a unique and interesting challenge to play for any length of time.

These off the top of my head. There'd be innumerable small, niche jobs that are incredibly satisfying and fun to play. It just comes down to what a person wants to do, and how much they're willing to risk in their playstyle.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

8/9/2018 4:12:14 PM #12

I plan to be a Kypiq tailor so I'm glad there are some Kypiq breeders out there!

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

8/14/2018 12:28:08 AM #13

I've been thinking of growing orchards and raising livestock. I'm sure someone will buy my apples to make something good to drink lol

8/14/2018 5:06:44 AM #14

Not sure how the game mechanics are going to work, but i want to set up a clinic in a town.

Strange Warrior form the east. Wait is that a Samurai.?

8/14/2018 6:40:05 AM #15

I wanna be a sailor so I can travel the lands and bring things far and wide.