COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Transport-Multi Vehicle Mounts-Delivery

Hey everyone! =D

Not sure if this was already brought up or mentioned...I'm thinking it would be cool to see some two person mounts or a carriage type of vehicle system where you can take other players long distances like a modern bus driver would or short distances like a taxi service would.

Imagine, you pay to embark with an expert explorer charging a small fee to take multiple passengers on a cross country journey to a foreign land. The main driver is sitting on top of the carriage, while passengers are loading into the back and preparing for a long journey ahead. In enters two Swordsman heading to a battle against bandits ambushing and pillaging a trade route nearby. You can sense their excitement for battle. Next a young candlestick maker sits across from them smiling with a nervous uneasy look in her eyes as she glances as the blood stained longswords. She's looking forward to getting expertise training from a grandmaster candlestick maker from a city along the way, but is intimidated slightly about heavily armed men with her. Lastly a young man sits next to the woman with mining equipment and a backpack of supplies. He greets everyone introducing himself then sits down and starts eating his lunch. He shares how excited he is to prospect a new sect of land recently discovered with rich new minerals for the king's new mines.

Maybe they would even get ambushed among the way? Or have a wonderful social interaction? Who knows?

This element would give players a chance to go AFK if they chose too while still making considerable effort to travel. Not sure how offline players would be if they logged out in the middle of the ride... But still I think the emersion of group travel is quite adventurous!

I think not only would be a great alternative to fast travel such as flight paths or portals (if any are thought of being implemented), but rather a highly valued profession. This role within the world could be used for passengers as well as cargo or military supplies if needed as well. Who's going to transport all those goods from the forest to the lumberyard to the printing press after all?

Ontop of everything, imagine all the possibilities with adding custom features to your carriage! "I need a blacksmith to make iron wheels for me" "Or a leather worker for extra interior"? "I need another horse to haul more passengers". You get what I mean haha.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Kenzarth

8/9/2018 8:19:47 AM #1

Well they got two otterbears dragging the barge so I bet there will be other variants of multi person transports with more than one beast sharing the workload.

Both heavy and many things will indeed need to be transported so vagons will be there. Paired emotes and lifting together been talked about.

No teleporting or flying in the game.

8/9/2018 8:48:39 AM #2

We know of at least one type of carriage, as well.

8/9/2018 9:08:47 AM #3

I totally plan to hire a personal NPC coachman to take me around the kingdom. although bandits so ugh that sucks.

8/9/2018 5:10:04 PM #4

I imagine this type of transport would accompany a merchant caravan, since there is safety in numbers. You could probably charge more for private trips because you have to hire security, or make sure your drivers have good combat skills.

I think it's a good idea. When your business prospers and technology advances you could do "Murder mystery train car dinners" for the wealthy to pass their time and be entertained. Or just be the first company to utilize trains.

Imagine an assassin murdering you during a murder mystery dinner. "Oh shit they're spirit walking!" Everyone on the train freaks out, they're now in a game of saw.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

8/23/2018 7:50:30 PM #5

I never really gave this much thought, but in point of fact, wonder if they will be able to pull this off. A very similar mechanic in Star Citizen (moving around a moving ship, attaching objects) seems to have all kinds of technical issues.

8/23/2018 8:44:37 PM #6

Posted By Azzerhoden Razeri at 2:50 PM - Thu Aug 23 2018

I never really gave this much thought, but in point of fact, wonder if they will be able to pull this off. A very similar mechanic in Star Citizen (moving around a moving ship, attaching objects) seems to have all kinds of technical issues.

On the other hand star citizen already has a working implementation, so it’s easy to “copy” their solution (not exactly copy but draw inspiration from it).

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX