COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Promotion Packages for teachers

Unless they did this in the past. I noticed lack of love for the teachering profession. The producers, warriors, and even priests got packages, but nothing for teachers.

Count of Toxai

8/9/2018 6:13:33 PM #1

I'm very interested in the same! I want to treat part of my CoE experience like The Sims. I love raising managing a household and multiple AI. Though I also want to teach players as well. I'm sure SBS is having a difficult time creating the mechanics around teaching.

If i remember correctly, wasn't it mentioned teaching won't be a profession anymore, that anyone can teach? But what makes someone a better teacher than another?

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

8/9/2018 6:23:25 PM #2

Posted By Mhaura at 11:13 AM - Thu Aug 09 2018

If i remember correctly, wasn't it mentioned teaching won't be a profession anymore, that anyone can teach? But what makes someone a better teacher than another?

I think this is exactly why we haven't seen anything like this yet.... The mechanics aren't yet totally figured out, so they can't sell things that may be obsolete or totally different further down the road.

Alt text - can be left blank

8/9/2018 6:26:52 PM #3

You realize we have awhile and several holidays coming up, right? I would say, be patient. We'll see something in the near future to be sure that will cater to the more academic professions, so just get your checkbook ready.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

8/9/2018 7:05:40 PM #4

The issue is currently there is no teaching profession, there are professions and you can teach them. So say you are skilled at Blacksmithing you could then teach that to others, or becoming skilled in a style of combat would allow you to teach others that style. There is no separate teaching system.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

8/9/2018 11:07:58 PM #5

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Scholarship

Found this on the wiki

Count of Toxai

8/10/2018 1:41:14 PM #6

As far as learning goes most of it seems self contained from cultural packs bought by dukes in the EP store.

Schools for the most part are just research centers where a consolidated group of people are advancing technology through mass research which is then shared to everyone in the community.

Beyond that books seem to just be common circulated texts with other rare books found through exploration which can further advance your skills to apprentice level or further if you find lost books or create the research yourself.

Or that you can simply teach someone what you know through instruction without texts in an apprentice/master role.

Or through observing people do things you can learn.

Or practicing skills.

So for the most part teaching needs no special purchasable packs unless they decide to sell specific texts for non duke players. Everything else is self contained within the game.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.