COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Looking for a Home

Hi everyone,

I'm sure it's been a common theme among newcomers, but I love everything that this game sounds like it will offer. Unfortunately, I feel a little left out as I've been mostly following along from a distance. Like many others, I am often busy, and can only really commit myself to my hobbies on a casual basis.

I'm keeping my mind open as to what my character will be and do when the opportunity to play this game arrives. That being said, I love the possibility of a criminal justice profession. Judge, lawyer, investigator all sound like a lot of fun to me. I once took part in a criminal trial in Ultima Online, and had always wished that the Yew Prison, for example, was more fleshed out as a game system.

I'm a little lost with all of the possible avenues to become more involved in the community here. Where would you recommend that I begin? Are there any Kingdoms that are particularly on the casual side of the spectrum? Is it more important to consider the Kingdom I align myself with, or should I focus more on finding an appropriate county/settlement or even guild?

Do any of these groups actively recruit, or is it mostly up to me to seek them out?

I tend to fit into a more mature group.

I have a Bloodline package if that makes any difference, and my plan is to focus the rest on accumulating exposition points. I want my character to have land and property, but not a title. I don't think I will have the time to commit to settlement management activities.

TL;DR I'm looking for recommendations on a casual, mature, possibly criminal justice oriented county, settlement or guild to join, and I'm a little overwhelmed with the options.

Also very important to mention is that my wife is currently trying to get into the game, as well. You can support her efforts by sending her purity seals here or via the link in my signature.

Thanks for your help! :)

8/11/2018 7:48:16 PM #1

Hello Shock,

First of all, take a look at this.

Luna Kingdom/Duchy info

Posted By Shock at

Hi everyone,

I'm sure it's been a common theme among newcomers, but I love everything that this game sounds like it will offer. Unfortunately, I feel a little left out as I've been mostly following along from a distance. Like many others, I am often busy, and can only really commit myself to my hobbies on a casual basis.

I'm keeping my mind open as to what my character will be and do when the opportunity to play this game arrives. That being said, I love the possibility of a criminal justice profession. Judge, lawyer, investigator all sound like a lot of fun to me. I once took part in a criminal trial in Ultima Online, and had always wished that the Yew Prison, for example, was more fleshed out as a game system.

If you want you can check out the Newel County Champions Guild. The link can be found in my signature. We will be the law enforcement and military for Newel County. We definitely are on the more mature side, yet we like to have fun as well.

I would also check out the T'Aecir. They are the law enforcement for a settlement instead of countywide.

Posted By Shock at

I'm a little lost with all of the possible avenues to become more involved in the community here. Where would you recommend that I begin? Are there any Kingdoms that are particularly on the casual side of the spectrum? Is it more important to consider the Kingdom I align myself with, or should I focus more on finding an appropriate county/settlement or even guild?

Do any of these groups actively recruit, or is it mostly up to me to seek them out?

I tend to fit into a more mature group.

Thanks for your help! :)

I would personally argue that you probably should find a settlement or county that you like first. The size of this game means that those will be the people you will be interacting with the most. However, do look at the kingdoms because you probably will be able to find an acceptable settlement in every kingdom.

I can't speak for the other Kingdoms, but in Bordweall we are focusing on curing as many people as possible. As long as your wife can be active during the event, she probably can get cured.

Taking a break and don't know when I will be back.

8/11/2018 9:13:59 PM #2

Hey Shock,

As PaintedGoblin suggested, I too think it's important to get a feel for a place before you sign up with their guild! Which is why I would suggest joining us in The Newel County discord for our Meet and Greet happening tonight at 9pm EDT, where PaintedGoblin will be hosting and answering a few questions from friends.

If you can't make it, do come around so we can help your wife get cured by the sages currently participating in the event in our discord, I sent her 5 just before writing this :) We would love to help her out!

Shieldwall Strong!

8/16/2018 9:20:51 PM #3

Sent you a DM.

8/23/2018 4:53:24 PM #4

Welcome to the forums. If you're looking to participate in the current event, I suggest you join a team to help combat the plague. It's also a good way to get your wife a free copy of the game.

Look around the different kingdoms here on the Luna server. You'll find many helpful people wanting to help you out.

Enjoy your time here.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN