COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Dirty Work, like assassinations.

I am just wondering if it would be possible to assassinate people and get away with it? or is it a situation that if you killed so you get punished automatically.

8/12/2018 9:22:00 PM #1

You only get punished if your caught and proved guilty. We don't have all the details on how this works but when a crime is committed some form of evidence is left behind and people can use it to try and find out who your are and come after you, this depends on your skills and theirs.

this is for crimes where the punishment is you losing some time off your characters life span.

But keep in mind that if you brag about committing a crime then the town your in might tell you to leave or they'll burn your house down. even if they cant prove its you, if the actual players knows it you then they can come after you and just not prosecute each other for it.

8/22/2018 7:12:38 PM #2

i think it highly depends on the community aswell, in fact you wouldnt be able to tell anybody who stabbed you, but as its a game youre in the position to do so, that means people will seek revenge if there wasnt a way to prove you guilty

I was plaqued for a long time, but with help I was cured. May the inhabitants of Al´Khezam life long and in peace. Hail to the King!

10/3/2019 1:40:43 AM #3

I think people in the biz refer to is as "wet work"

Coriolanus Drusus

10/3/2019 2:39:14 AM #4

The one thing I worry about when it comes to solving "whodunit" cases is the use of poison. It's going to be a pretty rare poison to oneshot someone from full HP, but when it does happen I don't see how you can figure that out if no one saw the food get poisoned.

If you backstab someone and kill them, you still leave clues. Very very little clues but still something. The victim will know they were attacked, that's about it. A really high skilled investigator may be able to pull leads from that. I doubt you will run into many investigators will that type of skill though.

The never get pushed for something without getting caught. Say you killed a NPC, two other npcs saw you do it. If you kill those 2 npcs, no one would know they you did it. If you left the bodies there someone could try to track you from there but if a lot of time passed they may not be able to find you.

10/3/2019 3:17:39 AM #5

Posted By Deftly at 04:39 AM - Thu Oct 03 2019

The one thing I worry about when it comes to solving "whodunit" cases is the use of poison. It's going to be a pretty rare poison to oneshot someone from full HP, but when it does happen I don't see how you can figure that out if no one saw the food get poisoned.

If you backstab someone and kill them, you still leave clues. Very very little clues but still something. The victim will know they were attacked, that's about it. A really high skilled investigator may be able to pull leads from that. I doubt you will run into many investigators will that type of skill though.

The never get pushed for something without getting caught. Say you killed a NPC, two other npcs saw you do it. If you kill those 2 npcs, no one would know they you did it. If you left the bodies there someone could try to track you from there but if a lot of time passed they may not be able to find you.

The rare poison is in itself a trace. Who has the knowledge to make such a potion? Who did he sell to, who has access to the ingredients?

If you make an untraceable poison, it may not be as deadly in order to be more balanced. Even if it's both deadly and untraceable, forensics can still be applied if a mann in full strength suddenly dies for seemingly no reason, who benefited from this death, could it be a hard or impossible to trace potion?

Could they find the killer if it's a hired killer? probably not in that case, but could the find out who hired the killer? Likely.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/3/2019 4:11:11 AM #6

Posted By zimmah at 11:17 PM - Wed Oct 02 2019

The rare poison is in itself a trace. Who has the knowledge to make such a potion? Who did he sell to, who has access to the ingredients?

If you make an untraceable poison, it may not be as deadly in order to be more balanced. Even if it's both deadly and untraceable, forensics can still be applied if a mann in full strength suddenly dies for seemingly no reason, who benefited from this death, could it be a hard or impossible to trace potion?

Could they find the killer if it's a hired killer? probably not in that case, but could the find out who hired the killer? Likely.

That's true but it would take more time to process and figure out what the poison is than for someone to use it and start heading to another kingdom.

I would need to have a doctor to look the victim(assuming we have to tools to tell what type of poison killed the victim), then I need to go to an alchemist to tell me where I could find the ingredients or at least time me what the poison was made up off, if the ingredients are so rare that people had to get it from an island that could be anyone. If it does grow in the another kingdom from my own, you need to add travel time, then finding someone could have made the poison or the person who could have sold the ingredients. It would take tons of time. I would be fun trying to solve it but I doubt it would happen without luck.

10/3/2019 4:23:18 AM #7

Posted By Juta_Abbstra at

I am just wondering if it would be possible to assassinate people and get away with it? or is it a situation that if you killed so you get punished automatically.

come take a look at our group, always good rubbing elbows with a professional.

Hïgh Græÿ: Service not Glory

10/3/2019 4:23:33 AM #8

Your soul's affinity will darken, i believe. Aside from that, the more pertinent information has already been posted above.

ref This game was a dream. Its dead now.

10/3/2019 8:30:28 AM #9

Posted By Sohei at 9:23 PM - Wed Oct 02 2019

Your soul's affinity will darken, i believe.

Yes, it will. What this means in terms of direct effects on the soul (and player) is that characters with that soul will tend to get more opportunities to progress in a dark direction. This is akin to what is called a "slippery slope". Reputation among NPCs might also be affected, even if no other character observed the action, ostensibly because of some characters' abilities to sense character affinity.