COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Which kingdoms want which tribes?

I know that it's not set in stone yet, but which tribes do the kingdoms want? I have a pretty short list of tribes I'm considering, so I'd at least like to cross a kingdom or two off the list.

8/24/2018 9:35:31 PM #1

In answer to your question, See this thread

from there you can jump to the kingdoms and some duchies recruitment information to find the answers you seek for the domains that have published that information.

also moved this post to Luna General.

Domain sub-forum is meant for recruitment posts. not discussions.

8/26/2018 7:32:13 AM #2

If tribes is what's gonna determine where you land, you're better off waiting until after kingdom selection has happened, and we know who actually gets what. Groups have their preference, but that doesn't at all mean they'll get it.

8/29/2018 8:27:20 PM #3

I think it would be nice kings could put their claim right now so people wanting "x" tribes know where to go straight ... and not waiting exodes. Obviously, those claims would need to be from discussions between them. But ya... They must be sure it will create conflicts between them, so they might have avoided that big discussion or it seems like no true and set in marble with trustifulyfulyfuly consensus was there. Isn't it the case? If it's not, please share with me that consensus, I'm pretty curious.

8/29/2018 8:57:39 PM #4

Posted By Natural20 at

I know that it's not set in stone yet, but which tribes do the kingdoms want? I have a pretty short list of tribes I'm considering, so I'd at least like to cross a kingdom or two off the list.

with your rank you should be able to choose any tribe you wish to play

some biomes will definitely favor some tribes over others, however if you have a short list implying you have several tribes that would work for you, you shouldn't have any problem

the only kingdoms that can guarantee a specific biome, are the kingdoms on each server that will be picking first

it might be an idea to choose the server you are going to be playing on, and then determine which kingdom will in all likelihood choose first, then see if their intended choice of biome matches one of the tribes on your short list

10/13/2018 12:30:53 AM #5

I have to agree with Dleatherus on this one, often finding a community can be the most important factor in a good gaming experience in a game like this. As a citizen you shouldn't struggle to play as any race in a kingdom even if the majority of that kingdom's NPCs are a different race.

10/13/2018 4:01:53 AM #6

Posted By kkillroyv2 at 7:30 PM - Fri Oct 12 2018

I have to agree with Dleatherus on this one, often finding a community can be the most important factor in a good gaming experience in a game like this. As a citizen you shouldn't struggle to play as any race in a kingdom even if the majority of that kingdom's NPCs are a different race.

Well, you might struggle a little bit, if you move into a kingdom that speaks languages you don't know by default, but having to learn a new language sounds like a pretty fun thing to do in this game.

10/13/2018 6:13:47 AM #7

I could be wrong and someone will correct me if I am.....but I'm pretty sure the backers will have a chance to move tribes into their controlled areas before official launch. I don't think Kingdom X will be locked to X tribe. Native tribes will obviously be more populated, but there should be different tribes here and there in each kingdom.

10/13/2018 9:43:02 AM #8

That's correct ^.^

You can move tribes you want over, your starting tribe will not be your ending tribe unless that is how you'd like it to be!

The kingdoms arent solely just one tribe across the board, they are the highest composition in that kingdom.

So for example:

The kingdom can be a "Kypiq Kingdom"

And it can consist of 49% Kypiq, 20% Neran, 11% Dras, 11% Janoa 6% Hrothi, 3% Brudvir

This is just an example for numbers, probably not realistic to having all the tribes. But an example to show that the kingdoms arent solely one tribe.

10/13/2018 6:47:30 PM #9

Posted By Krensit at 02:32 AM - Sun Aug 26 2018

If tribes is what's gonna determine where you land, you're better off waiting until after kingdom selection has happened, and we know who actually gets what. Groups have their preference, but that doesn't at all mean they'll get it.

That doesn’t mean you can’t discuss about it or ask about the preferences.
Like hypothetical “if you could choose any biome, what would you prefer, or what owukd be your top 6?”

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/13/2018 11:24:04 PM #10

Posted By Natural20 at

To answer your question directly without dancing around the topic...No one really knows...but with the limited info that we have there are still a couple of educated guesses we can make....Everyone knows Vornair has the 1st pick....and it's not a secret that the people of Vornair favor the Brudvir. Now the Brudvir will probably be in the North and I'd say that it is more than likely that Vornair takes that Kingdom..now if that's kingdom 1 it's safe to say that Vornair will also have to take Kingdom 2 because the kingdoms have to be adjacent. That takes two Kingdoms off the list right there....After that, it gets a little bit more difficult only because no one knows exactly what the order is....

My guess...after Vornair....it goes BW, FK, Kairos, Fortuna....With BW possibly taking K-5 or K-6 no matter the tribe just to get away from Vornair....I see the FK taking one of the middle spots...whichever one offers a bigger selection of tribes....Kairos will probably border BW because they are friendly enough and that will leave Fortuna taking the last Kingdom....

For the sake of argument, let's say I'm right about picking order. With a North/South Map there are two figurations I see.

K-1, Vornair
K-2 Vornair
K-3 Fortuna
K-4 FK
K-5 BW
K-6 Kairos

or

K-1 Vornair K-2 Vornair K-3 FK K-4 Kairos K-5 BW K-6 Fortuna

or

K-1 Vornair K-2 Vornair K-3 Kairos K-4 FK K-5 BW K-6 Fortuna

The 1st formation...well you might as well make King Adam Emperor Adam...The 2nd formation..well now you have a more compelling story.....The third goes off the theory where BW wants to be between (who they see as the two weakest kings) Fk and Fortuna....

Because I'm 99% sure Vornair is taking the Northern part of the Map providing that they have Burdvir there...I'm almost certain that BW, if they have the pick after Vornair, will proably dictate where the other two kings go....

This is just my thoughts on the matter....feel free to disagree and or rip my theory to shreds

10/17/2018 12:23:00 AM #11

The free kingdom is called Alesia now we should refer to it as such.

Your points on Vornair are correct other then the fact that Kingdom 2 is not automatically necessary if your getting 1, but is in fact desired in it's own right. So the 'northern' Vornair selection is the most firm piece of data we have right now.

I vaguely recall that Bordweall is a rival to Vornair and this may actually lead them to have a shared border rather then avoiding each other.

Fortuna in Kingdom 3 also sounds reasonable as again their were some rumors of a preference for Kypiq with it's King. I maintain my theory that Fortuna is a front for the Goonswarm btw and they will love throwing swarms of Kypiq at Vornair while denouncing us as imperialists in their propaganda.

Alesia being somewhere with a large number of tribe options makes sense so they will avoid kingdom 6 which I agree seems to fit Kairos best.

So in conclusion my guess is...

K-1, Vornair K-2 Vornair K-3 Fortuna K-4 Bordweall K-5 Alesia K-6 Kairos

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

10/17/2018 11:53:25 PM #12

Posted By Lodrig at 7:23 PM - Tue Oct 16 2018

The free kingdom is called Alesia now we should refer to it as such.

You're more than welcome to call it Aleisa...I happen to dislike the name, also FK is just much easier to type.Posted By

I vaguely recall that Bordweall is a rival to Vornair and this may actually lead them to have a shared border rather then avoiding each other.

BW simply doesn't have the numbers that Vornair has, they don't have it in royalty and they don't have it in citiznship...it would be suicide to border them, you'd rally not only Vornair but also the thousands of new palyers that join due to wanting to play a viking char....it doesn't make sense to me.

Fortuna in Kingdom 3 also sounds reasonable as again their were some rumors of a preference for Kypiq with it's King. I maintain my theory that Fortuna is a front for the Goonswarm btw and they will love throwing swarms of Kypiq at Vornair while denouncing us as imperialists in their propaganda.

I can't get behind the goon theroy becasue I've played with goons far to long...if Blah was a secret goon he wouldn't be able to hold that secret in for long...Goons are loud and want you to know they are coming...so that when they ruin your fun you know exactly who to blame. Fortuna bordering Vornair is asking for Fortuna to become Vornair (at least BW would put up a fight)...at that point the only way to survive is for BW, FK and Kairos to ally...or we'll all be speaking Brudvir....

Alesia being somewhere with a large number of tribe options makes sense so they will avoid kingdom 6 which I agree seems to fit Kairos best.

I can see the FK in K-5 but I feel they have they pick they'll go 3 or 4...Simply becasue FK has no qualms at least right now with Vornair...and also becasue this map is just one big chess game...control the middle...control the game.

So in conclusion my guess is...

K-1, Vornair K-2 Vornair K-3 Fortuna K-4 Bordweall K-5 Alesia K-6 Kairos

I can see this as a passiblity it still aligns with the idea that BW wants to be in between the two weakest kingdoms with Kairos to back them up if need be.

10/18/2018 12:24:33 PM #13

Some tribes will be more adapted to some environments like caves, tunnels or presence of water or desert. I would like to start as a Waerd but I dont know if sharing the housing, skill enforcement, sharing possessions is possible in a mixed settlement. So yes it would be nice to know what kingdom will try to focus on what tribe, just out of curiosity.

11/8/2018 3:24:59 PM #14

This is the question that keeps many an undecided player on the fence at the moment. And I don't have any answers either. Other than the rumors that float thru various Discord channels that may or not be true. Or just propagated as disinformation. Depending on your connections maybe you can get a better answer. If you do, please let the rest of us know.

We Are The Many... We Are The One... We Are THE WAERD !!!

11/13/2018 4:04:01 AM #15

Well it wont be too much longer till Kingdom selection and we will know for certain.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6