COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Impressive

I've followed this game for a bit and finally want to get myself involved.

I'm looking at buying the pledge pack, and I'm curious which pack I need to get to begin to play this game. Also, if I really enjoy the game I'm assuming upgrading a pack is a simple matter of just paying the difference.

I'm very curious about this game and would like to get involved. I am typically a very hard core gamer and if I enjoy the mechanics will hope to be a large part of the community. But first things first is to be able to play and thus my question!

Thanks all! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sammie

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/searing-plague/transfer/aea1a4c8-8b49-4f89-99f9-892e333a2faf

9/1/2018 11:52:05 PM #1

Welcome!

Even the most basic package will get you in when the game fully releases sometime next year. And upgrading packages is simply a matter of paying the difference, though when the game releases the packages will disappear so I would recommend just going for the smallest package that provides you everything you are interested in.

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/2/2018 12:03:51 AM #2

Being who I am, if I get into this game I'd buy everything available, provided the game is fun, which is why I'm trying to figure out when the first alpha is released so I can buy the package to get me into it and figure out if this game actually delivers.

So far it looks very promising, but as a long time gamer I've been severely disappointed before.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/searing-plague/transfer/aea1a4c8-8b49-4f89-99f9-892e333a2faf

9/2/2018 12:29:11 AM #3

Hi, there Caera. Seems like you and I have much in common. This is one of a few games in a long time I've been very excited about. And also have gone through many disappointments.

The Alpha I pack comes with the Magistrate package, which I have, too. I've .. bought way too much already from events and even regular store offerings lol.

To get involved with the community, we have a huge discord presence. Go to https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum (of course)

To the bottom under Servers. Find Domains for your server and start checking out discord communities listed in recruitment posts. A lot of people have links to their discords in their sigs, too. Get to know people. make friends. Find a community. :)

9/2/2018 12:53:00 AM #4

Another point to keep in mind, Caera, is that you can always upgrade to a higher package with no cost penalty (at least until the prices go up).

You should read up on the development plans and some of the lore and mechanics before you commit. Alpha and Beta tests will not be the same in CoE as in typical MMOs. In the typical case, Alpha and Beta are opportunities to free-play with buggy and incomplete software. In CoE, Alpha and to a lesser degree Beta will be rigorously controlled to test specific features and capabilities, and all assets from these periods will be wiped.

What you probably really want to do, if I sense your wishes accurately, is at least get a package that grants you access to Exposition. That is to be the recent-history world-enhancement period that prepares the game world for general launch. The assets created and put in place during this period will not be wiped, although some of them may be destroyed by player action or random disaster.

9/2/2018 1:09:58 AM #5

If you're looking for a group of other players to join and play with let me know, we can help answer what questions you have.

9/2/2018 11:06:16 AM #6

Greetings,

With the plague event currently underway, you could get a free base package, which saves you $45 on any upgrade. Also, if you are unsure of which package to purchase because you don't have a feel for the game, you can purchase Alpha access ala carte, then decide later to upgrade if you choose after you have a feeling for the game. It might be a more cost-effective solution since you are still uncommitted.

9/2/2018 7:49:51 PM #7

Awesome and thank you all very much.

So since it looks like the groups I'm looking at jumping in are here, I am curious if I purchase the top pack, would I still be able to join in your kingdoms it looks like or am I forced to go my own way? I'm really curious about the House of Einar(I stalk your website), and have tried to find more information on the Rynelands Duchy and Zylphania.

For an idea, I'm typically a dedicated player who messes with multiple things, I see this game doesn't allow you to master all skills(I tend to challenge this) but does allow you to get at least decent in multiple categories provided you're willing to spend the souls, and cost is never a factor for me if I feel it's worth it.

I understand ya'll have discord and I'm plotting to spend next week hanging out with each of you as I decide which is the best fit for me, or if I really like all the groups what are the negative aspects if I decide to buy a duchy in all kingdoms?

Would this prevent me from interacting with my own characters and building things for myself? Is it best they all are in the same kingdom where I don't need the full package on all of them? Things to keep in mind is money is not a factor for me, but I do prefer to spend wisely on games but am willing to spend on things I enjoy provided I can gather the necessary information. Most of it is thankfully available in the forums already but for the above question on should I branch out through multiple kingdoms or just focus on one I have been unable to find a solid recommendation.

Thanks in advance, Sammie

9/2/2018 9:54:56 PM #8

Caera, there's -plenty- of room. for Mayors especially. Get to know a community (duchy or kingdom or county). see where you fit in and where you click with the people there.

If you're curious about House Einar, pop into Riftwood discord and we can chat.

You're not going to be categorically prevented from interacting with your own characters by any community. Because PCs are still in game when you're logged off, through OPC scripting, you'll be able to interact with your characters in somewhat of a limited capacity. I don't think multi-boxing is recommended.

or if I really like all the groups what are the negative aspects if I decide to buy a duchy in all kingdoms

This is going to come down to a player mindset towards loyalty. As you can imagine people might very well be doing exactly this for purposes of spying, or otherwise undermining whatever other kingdom for the benefit of another kingdom. I don't think you'll get much trust at best. At worst you -may- face outright hostility. There's nothing wrong with just going and playing an alt in another kingdom. But Dukes are leaders of huge areas and are massively influential.

Would this prevent me from interacting with my own characters and building things for myself? Is it best they all are in the same kingdom where I don't need the full package on all of them?

So, not really to question 1. Yes, probably would be best for question 2.

It's going to take a lot of time and effort running duchies and focusing on your character goals. I'm going to be a mayor / alchemy / astrology on one character. Exploring and cartography if I can, time permitting, on another character.

9/2/2018 11:26:09 PM #9

Thanks for all the info hun! I'll definitely be jumping in your discord in the next few days!

9/3/2018 5:52:44 AM #10

I am inspired by your previous questions to add a comment. There is a downside to having multiple avatars, which is that you would not be able to invest your available time in all of them. Since CoE is game about skills, which take time, and story points, which take time and peak experiences, and soul development, some of your characters will become less competitive compared to those whose players choose to invest in only a single character at a time. This effect matters for non-combat roles as well as combat roles. If you have loads of free time, this is not so much of an issue. If you have other things going on in your life, it could be.

9/3/2018 6:39:45 AM #11

Welcome to the community Caera!

There is so much information to being a mayor that I can give you and help you out ^.^ My kingdom even has informational videos and stuff with talks about being a mayor and the responsibilities of what it takes to be a mayor.

There are a lot of things you need to keep up for a town just like any strategy game, but as long as you're able to do the approximate 5-6 hours of management stuff you pretty much have free reign to do a lot of other things in game.

You can build on to your town and have it all located under the town's land management table, or you can set aside some land and build on it in your own name. I think that is a really interesting part of this whole thing, especially if someone were to try and take over the mayorship of the town you'd still have your own little humble bundle of paradise because it's under your family name :3

I can't wait to be able to do a bunch of things, there are so many professions that I still want to try out myself or even adventure! I personally want to be able to have a character at the lower levels so I can see how well I'm doing assisting in running not only the kingdom but my duchy and county and town as well. It'll be hard to manage the alt characters but it's always interesting seeing the different views and perspectives and being able to be something completely different from your main character. Especially on the different servers since they will all have different stories to each other which makes them more interesting!

My kingdom website has a newcomer section if you're ever interested in looking there, but since you posted this in newcomer I'll give you all the currently available links that I know for running a town and choosing characters via character creation and the different details involved ♥

Linkys:

Kingdom Land Management Video

Settlements Q&A Video

Kingdom Land Management Link This has a lot of useful information on it for towns and titles and how to gain/lose land or titles and more!

Whats in Store for You (link) This link is really helpful to get to know what you'll be looking to do in the game with your title!

Character Creation video

Character Customization and Bloodline information link!

Family Selection infos!

Crafting and Professions -- I thought you'd like this link and this link: DJ: Crafting Redux

I really hope that these help and if you have any more questions we can help answering for you! ^.^

9/5/2018 8:10:54 PM #12

Posted By Stelaphina at 04:06 AM - Sun Sep 02 2018

Greetings,

With the plague event currently underway, you could get a free base package, which saves you $45 on any upgrade. Also, if you are unsure of which package to purchase because you don't have a feel for the game, you can purchase Alpha access ala carte, then decide later to upgrade if you choose after you have a feeling for the game. It might be a more cost-effective solution since you are still uncommitted.

Sorry, Stelaphina, I'm unsure I follow or see how to do that -- The event page leads to the item store (promotions category). Are you otherwise suggesting that the best route, for someone without anything, to pony up and grab the lowest end pledge pack and go from there? Apologies for being daft.

9/5/2018 8:43:48 PM #13

Romanulus, go here to play: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/searing-plague

Play the game. Join a community on discord to work with them on the plague. They'll likely give you a "cure" you (give you a free packae), so you'll continue working to for the cure with their group, and no longer generate plage.