COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
some questions

I really like your vision of the game

The aging system and definitive death brings really good things but questions arise.

Final death requires us to use a spark of life to reincarnate and keep our skills, I see that there is also a quantity of soul in the packs for sale.

Is the soul eternal or is it dead from a certain number of reincarnations forcing another soul to replay everything without skills, goods and money like a new starter ?

Your system of nobility scares me because what will happen if the king of yesterday does not want to be the new king anymore and nobody wants to replace him?

This system is risky because if it is an incompetent who replaces it the kingdom can lose everything, how can you manage that?

Will the massive battle system be present and if so, what will be the consequences?

An entire kingdom gone to be in the hands of another king or just some fortress that can never make a kingdom disappear completely ?

The adventurer's job will be the most play I think, and mapmaker is good but the question is what will be the size of the map, because if 1000 players are mappers and they all together is to map the whole kingdom in a few days it will quickly lose its importance.

Only if the map is too big and there are not enough players then the meetings will be less frequent on the path of the adventurers.

How you manage this?

9/10/2018 3:54:15 PM #1

welcome to the community

think of a soul as being 'the character' and the body it occupies for a lifetime as the vessel the soul occupies for the duration of that particular reincarnation

there will ALWAYS be somebody who wants to be king - basic human ambition and/or greed will not change

incompetent people in positions of power will not fare well for long in this sandbox environment - they might survive for a while as other things within the game occupy the local population's time and effort, but with time an incompetent leader will either delegate to competent people, or be removed

the player population will be balanced with the 'intelligent' AI NPC's

in essence if there are fewer r/l players, the NPC's will breed more - as player pop grows, the NPC's breed less

9/10/2018 6:17:02 PM #2

Few things to consider:

1) Anything can be lost. So yes, a bad ruler could be detrimental to the Kingdom, but you can also dispose of him / her. Moreover, there will always be NPCs to fill vacant positions. In any given Kingdom, there should be quite a few NPC Counts and possibly Dukes.

2) The map is huge. It will take you two full days, 48 hours, to traverse it on foot. Add to that mountains, rivers and other obstacles and you see why we will need mapmakers ingame. And probably outside of the game as well.

3) How conquest will work exactly is not yet known precisely. Stuff like the size of battles will depend a lot on the server and the game simply isnt far enough yet to work on that.

Brash