COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Combat question

I've seen that your gonna be able to do unarmed fighting , does that consist of old style pugilist boxing , or will there be styles ? Martial arts ? Old Irish bare knuckle brawling with a few kicks and elbows ? Or somewhat of modern MMA? .

I'm asking cause I would like to start a training camp of sorts and have it feature mainly unarmed attacking .

9/21/2018 7:06:49 AM #1

Ooo that's a good idea, I know it was mentioned on the SME (subject matter experts) that they're looking for people knowledgeable in the martial arts so I really hope so! But not 100% sure that there's an answer to say yes or no specifically. I'd be super excited to have someone focus on that type of fighting ♥_♥

9/21/2018 12:47:58 PM #2

The game is supposed to support fighting styles, so there's no reason why some or all of those things couldn't exist with sufficient research into unarmed fighting. But what style we'll have on day 1 isn't something they've shared. You could ask in the next open Q&A though.

Good luck with your Fight Club!

p.s. Are you Irish? :D

9/21/2018 2:35:00 PM #3

No , I'm actually mixed Native American , eastern European . But I always liked the way the fought . I will submit a question to the live Q&A . Thank you for your help .

9/21/2018 4:45:28 PM #4

The ability to fight unarmed is something all fighters should at least know the basics of. I hope its as in depth as the rest of the techniques.

10/14/2018 1:33:08 AM #5

I would certainly hope so. Like someone mentioned early, it could open the door for training schools. Tournaments of just martial arts would be awesome. Even have the EFC (Elyrian Fighting Championship) that would take the best of the best and have them go at it.

I'd personally like to start a Fight Club kinda thing. Just gather Elyrians from my area and arrange for them to wail on each other a couple nights a week.

-Kash

-Kash

10/14/2018 2:50:38 AM #6

I'm guessing there has to be some style difference. The different races have enough physical differences to need to fight differently. A kypiq can't expect to win a boxing match with their short reach against any other race.

10/14/2018 11:49:39 AM #7

While I can't speak for boxing, even if the Kypiq are disadvantaged in a purely striking oriented fight, their stature would actually prove to be a major benefit in other styles, so I wouldn't rule them out as they most likely have superior balance, speed and agility.

oh and I'm not actually a Kypiq fan either, so I'm not defending them just because I like them.

Edit While I don't hold much hope, I would love to see grappling, throwing, joint manipulation such as both styles of Jujutsu/Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Krav Maga; however, I don't think those styles can be implemented well in games. Would love to be proven wrong though

10/14/2018 1:20:39 PM #8

Kypiqs could will a fight against a giant. Only fight I ever lost was against a real life kypiq lolol. Speed and accuracy are more valuable than strength by far. And yes I've read and seen the dev blogs. There will be styles with both unarmed combat and the different weapon types. Don't know how they'll be unlocked or what makes them superior to the next though. We'll have to wait and see.

10/15/2018 4:37:33 AM #9

After watching Goblin Slayer, I genuinely wish you the best of luck if you follow the martial arts path.

10/15/2018 4:42:40 AM #10

I want to do unarmed combat as well in Coe. I asked Caspian some time ago about unarmed combat styles and there will be different styles but nothing "flashy". You won't look like bruce lee but that could change.