COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Will there be Russian localization?

I liked the game and wanted to know whether the Russian localization? And I'm afraid my English skills are not enough for basic communication even with players, the idea is very interesting and I want to also plunge into a medieval MMO

I apologize if I wrote wrong, I said I have problems with English.

The problem is not even in communication, but in the description of objects, in the description of functionality, etc.

9/21/2018 3:47:51 PM #1

I really do hope there won't be russian localization. The game will benefit a lot in this case.

9/21/2018 3:58:16 PM #2

Posted By Сарматский at НАНА:Нана АМ - недопустимая дата

I really do hope there won't be russian localization. The game will benefit a lot in this case.

Xm.... And what confused you in the Russian community ? We behave decently in your games, besides to whom it will bring more benefit? For developers, we are potential buyers, and given that we have every 3 interested in the middle ages and everything connected with it, the game we would take with the desire.

9/21/2018 7:03:04 PM #3

Welcome, Alexand. CoE plans to start with 4 servers: Selene (Europe), Angelica (North America West), Luna (North America East) and Oceanus (Oceania/Australia). Feel free to check out Selene, Angelica or Luna, depending on which will have the best ping for you. Selene will have people from many different countries with lots of different mother tongues, who only have a basic knowledge of English, so don't worry too much about your level of English. Just join the discords. You might even find some Russian speeking players in our large community.

9/21/2018 7:54:41 PM #4

Selene is definitely a good place to look if you have trouble with English. I used to play on a Russian server for a strategy game and while it definitely was not the best situation for communication I was in the top 20 players quickly so I found that it wasnt really an issue. Most people were pretty courteous after they realized the language and culture difference.

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

9/21/2018 8:01:41 PM #5

The straight answer is that there is currently no known plans for the game to be localized.

And I think the issue Sarmat might been pointing at is the fact that even if the game do get localized to other languages you will still have the issue that you have to communicate in English with most players. In such a case localization is detrimental because it gives a false impression that you don't need to know English to play the game, thus it's arguably a poor use of development resources.

Of course, if the game becomes popular enough the number of excuses to not do localization becomes weaker, so we can hope.

Either way, as Noryn stated, your best bet for now is to try to find other Russian people on the Selene server that you may join up with and communicate with in Russian.

9/21/2018 8:49:05 PM #6

I hope CoE will have localization in many different languages because the more accesible it is the more players we will have.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/21/2018 10:44:26 PM #7

Not really relevant to your question Alexsand, but I just wanted to say that your English is pretty damn good. Wish you all the best mate and please don't be put off if Russian localization isn't possible.

Town of Brash

9/22/2018 1:30:55 AM #8

Yes, I understand what you mean, but the problem is that I don't play 1, I have about 15 people at the moment, but at least only I know basic English. The problem is not in communication, but in the description of objects and so on. We just don't understand how to play.

9/22/2018 1:33:43 AM #9

We got a Russian Community in Selene in the Arkadian Kingdom. Feel free to join the Discord and ask for Count Rekxar.

9/22/2018 7:14:12 AM #10

Hi Alexand. Two years ago, I asked Caspian if the game is going to be localized - having German, Frensh and / or Spanish in mind - in he said, that they would love to have a localized version of the game, but that there were no concrete plans.

I think it all depends if SBS a suitible publisher for the game. Because it is mostly not the Developers that do translations, but the publishers. So it all depends if SBS is self-publishing, or if the find a publisher. And if so if this publisher is a smaller, or bigger company and / or if there will be more than one publisher.

If the find an EU-Publisher, at least German and Frensh will be a given. For a Russian locoaliziation it would need a russian publisher and the chances for that, are even worse than for an EU publisher.

9/22/2018 10:03:14 AM #11

Good luck. You just need to find a good discord community. Also you have a year or more time to brush up on your object and other English wordings and meanings which may be far from what you would want but we want you in this game!

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

9/22/2018 10:53:26 AM #12

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 04:33 утра - сидел 22 сентября 2018

We got a Russian Community in Selene in the Arkadian Kingdom. Feel free to join the Discord and ask for Count Rekxar.

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 04:33 утра - сидел 22 сентября 2018

I already have my own community... Um... If there is a count, then it should be Dukes, marquises, bishops, and so on? Well... Higher nobility, as they got their titles, higher than the Governor can not be done... Well, I don't know how to explain it.

9/22/2018 12:31:04 PM #13

Posted By Alexsand at 12:53 PM - Sat Sep 22 2018

Um... If there is a count, then it should be Dukes, marquises, bishops, and so on? Well... Higher nobility, as they got their titles, higher than the Governor can not be done... Well, I don't know how to explain it.

Yes, there is counts, dukes, and kings. We got them through the shop or from the kickstarter similar to the current packages like the governor, however, the nobility tier of packages have been discontinued so you can't get them anymore.

Though it's possible a future event for Selene, similar to the one on the Luna (NA-E) server a while back, might open up the chance to acquire additional nobility packages. Time will tell.

You can also aspire to acquire those higher ranks in-game after launch as well, taking it from another player (or a NPC). Take note though that this is a social battle first and foremost: forging alliances, doing intrigue, and so on. Any war over a noble title is only meaningful once you've secured the right to claim it, otherwise you'll just jeopardize your current title.

9/22/2018 12:50:24 PM #14

Posted By ShadowTani at 3:31 вечера - суббота 22 сентября 2018

Posted By Alexsand at 12:53 PM - Sat Sep 22 2018

Um... If there is a count, then it should be Dukes, marquises, bishops, and so on? Well... Higher nobility, as they got their titles, higher than the Governor can not be done... Well, I don't know how to explain it.

Yes, there is counts, dukes, and kings. We got them through the shop or from the kickstarter similar to the current packages like the governor, however, the nobility tier of packages have been discontinued so you can't get them anymore.

Though it's possible a future event for Selene, similar to the one on the Luna (NA-E) server a while back, might open up the chance to acquire additional nobility packages. Time will tell.

You can also aspire to acquire those higher ranks in-game after launch as well, taking it from another player (or a NPC). Take note though that this is a social battle first and foremost: forging alliances, doing intrigue, and so on. Any war over a noble title is only meaningful once you've secured the right to claim it, otherwise you'll just jeopardize your current title.

Hmm, very interesting, but can't the king be overthrown? And in the end, $ 1000 just disappeared, and 1000 we have so earn only officials.

9/22/2018 2:27:58 PM #15

A king can be overthrown, but there is way more to it, than just to kick his but, or to overtake his castle. Chronicles of Elyria is not your random, hack&slay gankfest, that games like Darkfall, or Mortal Online are.

There are a few ways to take over land and titles. Here is the regular one.

At the moment you are able to buy packs that let you play as a normal citizen, or the mayor of a settlement, which you could control at the start of the game.

As a citizen or a mayor, you are part of a county. The ruler of this county, be it a player or an NPC, is your lord. You have to pay his taxes, support him and obey his rules. (this game has player created laws)

His county is 1 of 24 counties within a duchy. The ruler of the duchy, be it a player or an NPC, is his lord. He has to pay his taxes, support him and obey his rules.

His duchy is one of 12 duchies within a kingdom. The rulers of those kingdoms, are all players. One of those player-kings is the lord of the duke. He has to pay his taxes, support him and obey his rules.

Now lets take a look at the "normal and simplest" way for overthrowing a king. If you are a mayor, you would first have to become a count and than a duke, to overthrow the king.

To become a count you need a so called "Casus Belli" (CB), you can't start legal wars without. To get one of those CBs you have to talk to the other mayors in your county (players and NPCs) and to convince them to join your war. You need 50%+1 of those others mayors to support you. Than you can attack the count and take over his county, if you win.

The same goes for the duchy. You would need to convince 12 other counts, so you can attack the duke and the same goes for the king.

If you attack without a CB, you will be outlwed (вне закона) and everyone can kill you and take over your lands and titles. Which means that the other mayors, or counts, or dukes etc. might join your lord and just get rid of you.