COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Private server

I know there will be at least 4 main public servers but will there be options for private servers at any point?

9/29/2018 3:39:53 PM #1

nope

"your friend here is only mostly dead. there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. mostly dead is slightly alive."

9/29/2018 4:10:04 PM #2

Windigo is correct. There is no current idea for private servers to be a thing.

Prologue will be a separate game that will be solo player as a trial version of CoE, but they might potentially make an add on for it to make it sort of multiplayer. But it would have to be locally hosted as they are unsure if they would host those servers currently.

9/29/2018 5:40:24 PM #3

Eh, the idea of a private server is that you privately host them (i.e., not SbS hosting them).

Maybe plans have changed but I did hear about ideas in the past to sell basically "create your own world" packages, which would be like being your own Dungeon Master. Which is basically a private server.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

9/29/2018 5:43:11 PM #4

Posted By zimmah at 11:40 AM - Sat Sep 29 2018

Eh, the idea of a private server is that you privately host them (i.e., not SbS hosting them).

Maybe plans have changed but I did hear about ideas in the past to sell basically "create your own world" packages, which would be like being your own Dungeon Master. Which is basically a private server.

That would be the add on for prologue I discussed.

9/29/2018 7:43:53 PM #5

It was called the "Adventure Toolkit", something I'm still very much interested in seeing and using:

The Adventure Toolkit will be a permanent, supported, separate product from CoE which people can purchase to play the role of game master and build their own adventures using the same world-building and settlement building tools as we have, in addition to OPC scripting for scripting the NPCs. Only the "GM" will need to purchase the Adventure Toolkit. Anyone who has the prologue downloaded will be able to connect to anyone's game, if they have the information to do so. We will continue to release content for the Adventure Toolkit, and perhaps our own modules, as purchasable DLC so people can do more with their adventures and campaigns.

The concept was really popular pre-MMO as an evolution of table top/campaign roleplaying, and I think given how disappointing MMORPGs have been, it's a great time to reintroduce it.

Source: State of Elyria, July 2017

9/29/2018 8:21:00 PM #6

That's actually really cool. Thanks

9/29/2018 11:36:30 PM #7

Agreed! I'm pretty excited for it, it'd be interesting to stream with viewers that don't have CoE

11/11/2018 2:31:45 AM #8

I hope they are very strict against private servers. I don't think this game should allow that given how vast this game already is. A private server would ruin the experience i think. Life is feudal did that, and it just sucked becuase of how low the skill gain was. Private servers give a bad illusion to the game that would anger people for the main game.

I am the killer of beggars! I kill them with jobs in exchange for food and a place to stay! If beggars don't want to work, well then i would put them in the stocks and throw tomatoes at them until they do! I would never use good tomatoes though, and any vegetables i would use would be rotten! If they really don't want to work, then I would make them learn an instrument, so that way they can do something meaningful even if they are intent on begging!