COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
who has won/earned a pledge

Just wondering how many of us are out there. I was gifted my pledge thanks to Elyrian assistance. Thought of this since I saw Bordwealls new contest for a settlers package. Seems like there is always someone trying to do another player a solid in this community.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

10/2/2018 4:52:11 AM #1

That is true, haven't seen that very often in other games. Glad to be a part of this community.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

10/2/2018 5:18:14 AM #2

I did not win or earn anything yet, but got my Elyrian pledge from a 'random act of kindness' of a group of players unknown to me and represented by one guy who had happened to spot me joining in on the Searing Plague event, too late to earn me a package through my own acts. I very much appreciate SBS supporting such practices and I sure wish that is exemplary for the community.

Edit: I managed to gather the budget to purchase a Proporietor package shortly after I posted this message. That made me very, very happy ofc, and still very grateful for the folks that helped me with my entrance in this community.

10/2/2018 5:26:08 AM #3

I earned my package during TSP so much loss sleep.

10/2/2018 10:33:10 AM #4

I gained my package in TSP also and helped pass that forward thanks to joining a group. Since the event I have upgraded a tier and contributed a village token.

A bit of background for anyone that is interested: I'm an old gamer that has had years of soloing as I have no IRL friends that play games. I always intended to purchase a package for CoE but was in no rush as I have had limited to no success in finding decent groups to hang with in other games.

TSP event was the perfect opportunity to engage with a group prior (and also to engage across other community groups) to launch so that I don't feel like a third wheel later. Other games that I have attempted to do this, Star Citizen and Camelot Unchained for example, I find the initial enthusiasm soon fades and the group disintegrates. Thus far at least, CoE seems to be a completely different kettle of fish.

To conclude, the CoE community is, by far, the least toxic gamer community I've experienced. I'm really hoping this continues. Most impressive so far!

Town of Brash

10/2/2018 12:11:32 PM #5

Glad to see y'all are finding communities to join with and thrive. @MetalRune I agree, CoE does a fairly good job at handling toxicity that seems to be prevalent in gaming communities. Glad to have you aboard!

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

10/5/2018 1:06:38 AM #6

i earned my package during th event - i'm only a civvie sadly.

it isn't a question of being. It's a statement of character. Some have it, and others pretend to have it.

You'll only know which you are when you lose everything.

10/8/2018 12:03:37 PM #7

Posted By Metalrune at 06:33 AM - Tue Oct 02 2018

I gained my package in TSP also and helped pass that forward thanks to joining a group. Since the event I have upgraded a tier and contributed a village token.

A bit of background for anyone that is interested: I'm an old gamer that has had years of soloing as I have no IRL friends that play games. I always intended to purchase a package for CoE but was in no rush as I have had limited to no success in finding decent groups to hang with in other games.

TSP event was the perfect opportunity to engage with a group prior (and also to engage across other community groups) to launch so that I don't feel like a third wheel later. Other games that I have attempted to do this, Star Citizen and Camelot Unchained for example, I find the initial enthusiasm soon fades and the group disintegrates. Thus far at least, CoE seems to be a completely different kettle of fish.

To conclude, the CoE community is, by far, the least toxic gamer community I've experienced. I'm really hoping this continues. Most impressive so far!

I have found so far that this community reminds me a lot of my EQ days tbh. For the most part a good bunch looking to make a great community. Hopefully it will do the same as to set straight or blacklist griefers in the same way too.

Orm Trakehner - Horse Breeder - Kingdom of Vornair: Friend Code 5422AC

10/9/2018 7:33:23 AM #8

Glad to hear it. Yeah this community is my favorite. I wouldn't join discord if my mother was on fire but I did for coe. It is not supernatural

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC