COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Caspian brings the Hype

Crawling on my hands and knees out of the water I feel sad for the female voice of Google Translate, who had to suffer through reading the latest long, long and long update from Caspian.

Some of you will think "Why not just reply in the forum thread with the update to tell us what ever you want to say?!"

I say "Bring on the dislikes that some of you love so much :-P"

Oh where to start, where to start.

Dear Caspian

You little devil ;-), even before reaching the part about VoxElyria I had a little voice in the back of my head whispering "We will never get to see VoxElyria. Its been 3/4 of a year since the hype for it was started and still nothing". Well, so be it! There is a positive thought to this, so read on.

First off it was pretty cool and funny to see the image of how a conversation could evolve. Brought me back to the days when I did a little of Qbasic. If not then go to, if then go to. Note to self, start learning more Python!

From there on it was nice to have a little information on parts of the game and how you boys and girls have been working on it. Then the Hype bomb was dropped. Map voting is on the horizon and more will be revealed soon. Oh hell yeah; Mind that curse words do not hurt you they are just for effect, this has been expected and waited for and personally has been more important then Vox for some time.

ElyriaMUD, this is where the little devil comes into play. LMAO So what if we never got it, but nice to hear that the team has had a use of it for something. Oh did I mention the hype for Map voting? Last comment on the mud, it actually looks cool, brings back DOS memories and mud is fun to play with for children.

For Vox, you made a really good explanation for why the change and I can relate to the whys more then you know. One word will sum up how I thing about the new direction, Logics. As for Prelyria, I hella love the graphics, it looks so relaxing. So good a choice in more ways than one.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And now for those who did read through my personal reacion of the update.

So what this has brought me to see and remember is that not everything, image, updates, etc. that comes around about the development of CoE will be of everyone's fancy. My last shot of Elyrium was from the great Q&A by SouZou and my second favourite dev (He likes OtterBears, but owns no boat, so can only be number 2).

So back on track silly Kipyq. Following a game in development is not an easy task. There will be down periods for everyone and not always the same periods. Frustration and disbelief and many other things will show their head from time to time. Then at times like this, when Caspian throws in a well written walkthrough of how things went in the lands of ZeroFourZero. Small beams of light starts to break through the fog. Once again it feels like this game is moving and we are well informed. So thank you Caspian, my hopes are gaining strength and I hope that the hope of others are too.

It is said that one bad experience can ruin many good ones. So is it often, but the odd times comes when a Shot of Elyrium and a tale of ZeroFourZero can lift the spirit of even a sometimes grumpy Kipyq.

10/3/2018 7:13:28 PM #1

I have no idea what it is you are trying to say.

10/3/2018 7:27:44 PM #2

This was a touching love letter. :D

10/3/2018 8:15:26 PM #3

That has many levels of depth but I also do not understand it. I feel like drinking and day dreaming were in play.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

10/3/2018 8:21:15 PM #4

Words were spoken, thoughts were expressed...

I gather English is not their primary language (which means they speak at least 1 more language than I do), but think this is a positive letter.

Much excitement and hype to be had, something about Caspian being the devil, development is hard, not everyone expects the same things, the recent blog made them happy.

That's my recap, anyway.

:)

P.S.

I'm just poking fun. I think the overall reaction to the recent blog was very positive, and it's good to see some of that positivity in the forums to balance out cynical people like me.

Carry on, good sir (or ma'am).

Imgur

10/4/2018 2:58:59 AM #5

These sound like the ramblings of a drunken kypiq!

On a serious note: While I found it to be a little disjointed when reading, likely due to translation, the overall sentiment of the letter is good. :)

10/4/2018 4:09:57 AM #6

OP had doubts and assumes others will as well. The recent dev blogs brought relief and excitement.

Reminds me of another community post that discussed the behind-the-scenes factors and a handful of people wanting evidence of the promised mechanics. I believe they've done a good job of showing enough of their baby. When a movie trailer comes out, we don't need to see every little bit of how they made it before deciding to watch it. If you want this to be the world you're hyped for, simply keep supporting the teams. Knowing every little detail is not detrimental. Have some faith, hope for it and be patient.