COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Combining mayor titles

I apologize if this has already been answered but I wasnt having any luck finding it. I was wondering if for example two different people were going to combine their mayor titles with a third person, but one was a base mayor package and the other was a governor, would they both increase the third player's settlement by the same amount or would the governor give more since he has the higher package?

10/5/2018 11:31:47 AM #1

Hello Marius,

Firstly welcome to Chronicles of Elyria. In regards to combining packages, do you mean in game through contracts, marriage or combining game packages via website?

Kind regards

Duke Alduin

10/5/2018 11:34:46 AM #2

You can not combine mayor accounts. If you have a mayor title and your friend has a mayor title, you will both have to choose a settlement with those titles, so you will end up running separate settlements and at a distance. There isn't really a way for you to combine towns in that aspect sadly.

If you were to buy multiple mayor packages on your account and claim them into your account with the new system coming up it could potentially increase your settlement size by a few parcels, I say potentially because I'm going based off the account merging which is no longer available and the details from it that involved merging packages together.

One thing you could do is all get bloodline or any gentry package and get a bunch of EP to build make and design your own settlement by buying parcels and creating a settlement.

I created this mayor/baron post with lots of helpful information, hopefully it helps you in some aspect!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28514/mayorsbarons-great-start-here

Welcome to Chronicles of Elyria by the way.

10/5/2018 12:46:14 PM #3

I was under the impression that at some point along the way you could give your title to someone who has a settlement and it would increase the size of their settlement by a certain amount of parcels etc. Is that incorrect?

I could have sworn I've heard that some people were already expressing intent on doing this, multiple title combined capitals, multi counties etc

10/5/2018 1:12:25 PM #4

That was account merging and it already happened. We've been told it will not happen again.

There's a package merging feature that's supposed to become available in the near future that allows you to combine multiple packages into one bigger one but that's on the same account.

Three players on three accounts with three Mayor packages can't merge them into one at this juncture.

10/5/2018 1:28:17 PM #5

Hmm, good to know. I wonder if these people are anticipating this feature, are uninformed or know something I don't. I'll have to keep my ear to the ground and see what happens.

10/5/2018 1:39:13 PM #6

What about the thread that Violet Winterlynn linked here? This is a quote out of her text: -start of quote- The second way I'll talk about is being able to will/contract/transfer over your/someone else's title for their town. This is in the case where you don't want to run a town, or you want your friend to run your town etc. While there isn't much information available currently on this as well, this is what we do know: before domain/settlement selection you'll be able to transfer title stacks to another account for them to be the actual title holder of the settlement in question, however, doing so (according to [this post] ) will transfer everything related to that specific title as well (full stack of titles, lands, cloaks, surname & crests, etc). If you have another stack of titles left, those remain on your account. You'll also have to account for the influence as that remains with the person who originally purchased the title since its bound to the account.

Willing will be after domain/settlement selection when the land is already chosen, they would be willing the land and title over to you, pretty simple. -end of quote-

Kernothia

10/5/2018 2:11:24 PM #7

I'm certain they've said that you cannot transfer a primary package on an account. This is why there's no "send" button next to your primary package in your account inventory here on the website. Additional packages do have that option [as well as a merge option].

Transferring a title by will/contract would be an in-game mechanic, so you still need to pick your settlement during domain selection, if you want them to have a settlement.

10/5/2018 2:21:15 PM #8

To clarify (and I may be wrong here), you may not be able to transfer your PACKAGE out of game prior to domain selection, but we have been told you will be able to transfer your TITLE.

In other words, if I am a magistrate level pledge, I will always be a magistrate level pledge - I can't give my account/package to someone else. However, if I decide I don't actually want to run a town, I may have the option at some point (according to what we have been told is potentially coming) to transfer my TITLE and everything it comes with (i.e my "rank" of mayor, my rights to choosing a settlement at domain selection, my manor, my coat of arms, sigil, colors, surname, statue, etc.) to another person.

That matches with the quote Emma gave, and is the most recent information that I am aware of.

If this has changed, it is going to cause quite a stir, as I know of quite a few counts and mayors who were planing on doing this to create "mega counties", or larger initial settlements.

Imgur

10/5/2018 2:22:06 PM #9

If you pick your settlement though and then transfer, it would just give the person you transferred to a second settlement right?

10/5/2018 2:27:09 PM #10

That could be true, although it's unrelated to merging packages. FWIW, no pre-launch title transfer mechanism exists yet as far as I'm aware [and there's no greyed out option in inventory like with package merging], but it could be a planned feature.

So, someone has to pick the settlement, otherwise, the server explodes and it's all your fault.

Edit: Yes, correct Marius. While you can't merge packages after domain selection, you could theoretically expand 2 adjacent settlements and then have the parcels of one of them added to the other so that it all falls under the same jurisdiction. Does your head hurt yet?

10/5/2018 2:50:41 PM #11

From Discord just now:

Marovec V'ralt (Finn)Today at 10:47 AM Hey Serp, not sure if you can answer this, but a topic came up in the forums that hasn't been touched on in a while, and with domain selection approaching relatively quickly, I though I would try to get some confirmation/clarification.

Are you guys still planning on allowing people to "transfer" titles (and their attached perks) from one account to another (i.e. merge settlement/counties) via an out-of-game method prior to domain selection, or has that gone by the wayside?

Serpentius🐲Today at 10:48 AM I am in the final stages of an announcement about that, so you'll learn that answer long before D&SS

Looks like we have official clarification pending.

Imgur

10/5/2018 2:51:44 PM #12

Lol so far I'm following, I just was curious what made so many people think it was a thing if it wasnt, at least yet anyway, unless they were fairly sure it would happen.

10/5/2018 3:17:51 PM #13

@Marius

Given the evolving nature of a game this early in development, and the rapidity with which information has the potential to change, it's not uncommon to get dissenting opinions.

However, for the most part, if something is truly unclear, SBS will step in and clarify either in the forum, via answering a question in Discord, or in a subsequent announcement (as in this case).

Imgur

10/5/2018 4:46:17 PM #14

Yea, there's the title transfer option that could work, that will most likely be before domain selection from what we have heard but youd be transferring the title and everything that goes with it. But your friend would also keep quite a bit of it. Your influence also wouldn't change, so that would kind of suck a little for picking a location since it's done in order of influence (since influence stays with whoever paid for the package)

I completely forgot about that part, it was also 5am haha sorry!

But yes title stack transfer whatever should work as long as it is before domain and settlement selection.

I'm just not sure that it stacks up to add on your settlement, logically it would make sense that it would do that. But pending their release info on it!

10/6/2018 12:18:00 AM #15

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 11:46 AM - Fri Oct 05 2018

Yea, there's the title transfer option that could work, that will most likely be before domain selection from what we have heard but youd be transferring the title and everything that goes with it. But your friend would also keep quite a bit of it. Your influence also wouldn't change, so that would kind of suck a little for picking a location since it's done in order of influence (since influence stays with whoever paid for the package)

I completely forgot about that part, it was also 5am haha sorry!

But yes title stack transfer whatever should work as long as it is before domain and settlement selection.

I'm just not sure that it stacks up to add on your settlement, logically it would make sense that it would do that. But pending their release info on it!

Yeah I think this is what I was referring to maybe. I'm not worried about what I may lose in this scenario, I'm just curious as to whether the package influences the amount of parcels the receiving party would get. Like would a governor would contribute more than a mayor? Or will it be the same since they're both mayors and part of the same social class