COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Name your star or constellation

As you all should know from the title, this is about the Misc item or for some part of their pledge.

So, some time ago we had in the Discord a reveal of some of the current layout of the destiny system, there were mentioned names for stars and such. At the time a question and ponder stroke me, but I have not thought about it since, until now.

Of course it would make sense that SBS names some essential celestial pieces to accommodate the birth and destiny system.

Spite this logic, I still found myself questioning if the "Name a star or constellation" item was worth it any more. As I sit and ponder to increase my pledge or not, I am meet with the content of this item in an increase.

I turn to you, all the other Elyrians, and ask a simple question.

How do you feel about the item "Name a star or constellation", how cool/worth-full/etc. do you find it?

Please share your thoughts, or even your plans, if you dare disclose.

On a funny note, I just noticed this is my 100 post. Happy 100 post count to me

10/6/2018 12:40:18 PM #1

Rumor has it, if you name a star it will have a pulse effect in the sky for only you. Sometimes, that alone makes it worth it for me.

Alt text - can be left blank

10/6/2018 2:39:41 PM #2

Posted By JohnnyViscerate at 07:40 AM - Sat Oct 06 2018

Rumor has it, if you name a star it will have a pulse effect in the sky for only you. Sometimes, that alone makes it worth it for me.

It was part of my package, wouldn’t have bought it stand alone, but the potential navigational aid is a nice bonus.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/6/2018 2:53:43 PM #3

I like it but not for real practical reasons. Instead, I like it because it places something in the world that I was able to contribute and not something that can be destroyed.

I would like to know if the star/constellation has to be placed on your "main" character's server or if you can place them in whichever server you desire.

10/6/2018 3:09:26 PM #4

I like this chance to name a star a lot! :-)

And it was mentioned by Caspian in discord on 07.03.18 that your star pulses so that you can see it.

Kernothia

10/6/2018 3:12:16 PM #5

so when it says star or constellation let me ask you do we get to choose if we want a star or a constellation or is it random does it depend on how much money you spent if you are a duke etc etc

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF

10/6/2018 9:47:50 PM #6

Posted By AlphaWolfofthepack at 5:12 PM - Sat Oct 06 2018

so when it says star or constellation let me ask you do we get to choose if we want a star or a constellation or is it random does it depend on how much money you spent if you are a duke etc etc

You get a choice of either. Have not heard that it is depending on your pledge size.

10/6/2018 10:50:26 PM #7

The real question is when we get astrologers to start mapping the night skies, will it naturally show them the names that they were already given, or will the Elyrian astrologers think up their own names, never to know the celestial bodies true name?

10/7/2018 2:11:54 AM #8

Posted By Ibenholt at 2:47 PM - Sat Oct 06 2018

You get a choice of either. Have not heard that it is depending on your pledge size.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a limited amount of constellations to name. The naming of those will probably go to those with the highest influence. Or, since I'm an Astronomer level pledge, I hope that Astronomers get first pick at naming constellations since theoretically, they're the ones really paying attention to the night sky and discovering things.

10/10/2018 7:31:09 AM #9

Posted By Teland at 04:11 AM - Sun Oct 07 2018

Posted By Ibenholt at 2:47 PM - Sat Oct 06 2018

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a limited amount of constellations to name. The naming of those will probably go to those with the highest influence. Or, since I'm an Astronomer level pledge, I hope that Astronomers get first pick at naming constellations since theoretically, they're the ones really paying attention to the night sky and discovering things.

what is astronomer level?

Count Weylyn of Vit Kanin. Friend code B7D0EF