COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Overwhelming Return

Wow. Wow wow wow I don't know where to even begin. I was fairly active on these forums at the end of 2015, and now almost 3 years later... incredible. SBS has really outdone themselves in growth and development, largely due to it's strong relationship with it's loyal community. And to see it now... It's overwhelming to say the least. I think I fell off before the Kickstarter officially launched and only a handful DJs were out. The talks of guilds had only begun.

Anyways. The same issue I had 3 years ago was with the unoriginal ideas and rehashing that developers were doing with "new" games. I'm so sick of that trash. When I stumbled upon CoE; my faith was renewed. It always lingered in the back of my mind during my everyday life, but now I've found some free time and decided to check back in. Again; wow.

Either way, my initial reason for this post was to see if I can get some community help to ease back into present day (development) Elyria. Quick links or quick run downs. I've caught up on all the released tribes and biomes, game play developments. Settlement Systems. Etc., except only to see how many kingdoms are already in place. Do we have maps of these kingdoms (SBS or fan-made) and territorial lines? Alliances (publicly known)?

Honestly. I'm overly excited and need to get my bearings. Meet the new community big shots and jokers. See what kingdoms have formed either through contests or pledges. Once I can figure all of this out and get familiar, then I can slowly decide on tribe, kingdoms, etc. I even have a name change available if I decide to relate to a character I create. Either way. Lots to do. Lots to learn. I'm so excited to get back into this gem of a game and community.

Thanks everyone in advance!!

Edit: There wasn't even servers mentioned when I last was these forums, but this would be where I play, so this is where I decided to make the post.

10/10/2018 7:55:18 PM #1

Welcome back, I hope you enjoy the meet and greet with the different groups. Take your time and find the right one for you. As far as maps go, map selection will be happening on the 22nd, hopefully.

Again, good luck and welcome back

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

10/10/2018 7:59:58 PM #2

Sup dude.

10/10/2018 8:19:40 PM #3

Hey! If you live in North America, close to the eastern seaboard, your ping will be best here on Luna.

However, many of us are playing on NA-W as the drop in ping isn't really noticeable, especially if you live closer to the Mississippi.

I recommend scoping out both NA-West and NA-East, reading up on the pinned kingdom posts here in Luna as well as in Angelica, and see which communities catch your eye. Then join their discords and get to know them!

As for maps of the kingdoms, we are really close to voting on server maps, and soon after, Domain Selection.

Read this message and post from Caspian for the latest:

As one adventure ends, another one begins. So too have our intrepid heroes here at Soulbound Studios headed out on their next set of quests. The next couple of months will prove to be an exciting and active time in the development of Chronicles of Elyria. Let the adventure begin!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/28880/Adventure-Intro-Some-Assembly-Required

I've compiled all we know about settlement and domain sizes in the following post, so be sure to check it out and give it some love in the meantime ;)

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/22498/parcels-settlements-and-counties-a-visual-representation

This post caters to new backers, but it is frequently updated and has a lot of information and links to even more information https://iis-prod.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/20332/read-first-general-faqs

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/10/2018 9:47:36 PM #4

Welcome back! You've chosen a good time to return! We'll soon be getting the maps of our Starting Continent to vote on by the end of the month, which you can read about at the end of this post: Adventure Intro: Some Assembly Required.

We do not currently know which map we'll get, so there are no Kingdom borders or anything until after.

We just had the Searing Plague event too, which was our first chance as a community to write the history of Elyria! You can catch up on how that shaped Elyria here:

Event conclusion: The Searing Plague

Its a great time to be back in Elyria!

10/10/2018 10:51:43 PM #5

Excellent. Thanks to everyone so far for the replies and messages. I've been browsing Kingdoms, duchies, and communities/organizations alike throughout the whole day.

I did come back at the right time apparently. I have decided on my starting tribe, general backstory, etc. But once the voting begins on map territories and what-not, it'll paint a better picture for me and how to build my character.

Eventually I'll pick a server (NA-E or NA-W) based on which community falls under my character's conditions (biome, laws, etc). But one day for sure, I'll benefit one community or another and I'm ecstatic for that time to come. :D

10/10/2018 11:39:13 PM #6

Welcome back Xantos! ^.^ If you stop by Alésia be sure to say hi (:

Also, I made an informational post on the forums about Mayors/Barons if you're interested!

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28514/mayorsbarons-great-start-here

10/11/2018 6:50:25 AM #7

No maps as of yet, voting on the world maps (unique to each server) will start in just weeks. Then we will know what kingdoms have what land and tribes. You can either pick a group based on it's existing community/culture or pick later based on the biome you like. As your like me and not a mayor or anything fancy your not actually restricted in your tribe pick outside of the fact that certain climates may not physically agree with you.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

10/11/2018 7:20:05 AM #8

Posted By Lodrig at 12:50 AM - Thu Oct 11 2018

No maps as of yet, voting on the world maps (unique to each server) will start in just weeks. Then we will know what kingdoms have what land and tribes. You can either pick a group based on it's existing community/culture or pick later based on the biome you like. As your like me and not a mayor or anything fancy your not actually restricted in your tribe pick outside of the fact that certain climates may not physically agree with you.

Almost true! Map voting doesn't determine the kingdoms land or tribes. It only determines what map will be on what server. We won't know kingdom land, location or tribes or anything until domain selection. I hope this helps to clear any confusion!

10/11/2018 8:12:54 AM #9

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 09:20 AM - Thu Oct 11 2018

Almost true! Map voting doesn't determine the kingdoms land or tribes. It only determines what map will be on what server. We won't know kingdom land, location or tribes or anything until domain selection. I hope this helps to clear any confusion!

With that said, if the maps are detailed enough we might be able to guess the biomes on it, which means we also can guess where the tribes will be. Will be interesting to see if that'll be the case or not. :3

10/11/2018 3:49:08 PM #10

Posted By TheCoz at 3:59 PM - Wed Oct 10 2018

Sup dude.

Not good enough

Suh bruh

Development is up to 0.4 with close friends and family already doing stuff. The game is about to go into map selection, so prepare for stuff hitting the fan lmao.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

10/11/2018 8:11:32 PM #11

Posted By LukeSpyro at 11:49 AM - Thu Oct 11 2018

Suh bruh

Development is up to 0.4 with close friends and family already doing stuff. The game is about to go into map selection, so prepare for stuff hitting the fan lmao.

Hahaha yeah, I've already seen the amounts of kingdoms and duchies set up. I guess it works, but I'm waiting to watch the changes as more content comes out. Maps will get released, then eventually territories will follow and could put a dent is a lot of people's plans.

I'm just going to pledge, and make a decision closer to alpha/beta releases.

10/11/2018 11:48:11 PM #12

Welcome back, you really did come back at an opportune time. I can't offer much in the way of information, except to say there are some rather smashing videos out there. Both community and SBS crafted. A handful are lore-based and really fun to watch. I've watched a few of them myself.

If you're interested, you can join a few Kingdom discords and ask for any info. If you're also interested, click my banner. You're welcome to read the post and hang with us if you like. No pressure to join at all, just a chill place to hang with chill people. :)

10/12/2018 2:10:24 AM #13

As some people have pointed out, there is no map known yet, but soon (the 22nd of this month) we get to vote on the maps.
Even though we will know the shape and some general information of the map, we won't know which kingdom will be where. (We will know them as kingdom 1, kingdom 2, etc.)

A while after map selection (unknown amount of time) there will be another event, known as Domain and Settlement selection, where the kings, dukes, counts and mayors select their domain and/or settlement. At that point we will know the kingdom borders and biomes.

Luna has 5 kingdoms, because Vornair is a double kingdom, so the king of vornair can pick 2 kingdom slots, and it will be 1 big kingdom.

Vornair is really a bit of a rich kid club, with many of the members having multiple duchies or counties. Some have even 3 duchies (which is technically enough land to claim independence and form their own kingdom) while others own 10 counties. (Which is probably more than enough to claim independence as a Duke, and maybe even a king).

The other kingdoms are Bordweall, Kairos, Alesia and Fortuna.

There is not much publicly known about Fortuna, as the king of Fortuna is not really publicly recruiting .

Bordweall is more like a federation of duchies than a kingdom, as the duchies have a high degree of autonomy, especially in domestic matters.

Kairos on the other hand is more centralized, which means less autonomy for the duchies and counts, but theoretically this could boost efficiency.

Alesia is the kingdom that was "won" by the "Free kingdom event", basically a popularity contest where the most popular candidate wins a kingdom, and the runner-ups become a duke, but are stuck to that kingdom. Some see it as the most unstable kingdom for this reason (because of the potential rivalry, and the fact that some people are ties to alesia without necessarily wanting to). Others may have the exact opposite opinion. Only time will tell.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/12/2018 3:10:16 PM #14

I'm gonna step in again and give a better lowdown on Vornair.

Vornair isn't merely a "rich kids club", those in position of Duke are much more diverse in a socioeconomic sense than merely a bunch of rich kids leading a bunch of poor kids. For starters, the age demographic is very widespread. Many of the people who do have a lot of money have it because they work very lucrative jobs. Others are retired or semi-retired with a large influx of money due to the businesses they have run through a large amount of hard work and entrepreneurship. However, others in leadership positions work their butt off in retail or customer service just to make ends meet. There are people from America and Europe pledging to Vornair because they believe in Adam's vision, and in what he says. Like anyone who has pledged to a Kingdom in this game. The amount of money made is inconsequential.

Further, Vornair looks out for their own. Those who have a lot of money have helped those who don't. And I can say for certain on that because King Adam gifted a Proprietor pack to both myself and my fiancé because neither of us would be able to finish paying our bloodline packages off by the deadline.

Lastly, those with large amounts of land have done so because, for example, the multiple counties they have purchased, they are willing to give to someone willing to be a Count under them. For example, I do believe one Duke is still seeking a Count for his Duchy and has multiple Counties under his belt that he is willing to give to someone willing and able to run a County under him. All it takes is some talking to.

Vornair is much more than a simple "club" it's a community like any other Kingdom. Please don't take someone else's word for it and get to know us, then judge for yourself.

That is all.

10/12/2018 6:15:39 PM #15

Regarding maps of kingdoms. I can't really vouch on its accuracy but here's a map preview that was shared with us long ago with a fan-made concept of kingdom & duchy placement within the biomes. Not sure if this was what you're looking for but figured it was interesting none-the-less! :-)

source