COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
[Bordweall] Gutenburg

Alt text - can be left blank

It is not through battle or wars fought that we are remembered. We live on only in the stories told about us. The longer the lives of those stories, the longer we live. I aim to live forever. - Isabella Ashla the Wanderer

Nestled away in Newel County within the Duchy of Bloodoak lies the city of Gutenburg - home to Gorawyn Ashla. It is here that she pursues her dreams as a writer, a dreamer, and a collector of knowledge alongside her husband Jaxiel.

Gutenburg was willed to Gorawyn from her Great-Aunt Isabella in the hopes that she would continue the traditions set forth by previous generations. Each sedecim, Isabella would venture forth, gather tales of the people, both commoner and noble alike, retreat back to the city to set them to paper, publish them, and then distribute them throughout the land. The intent was to bring the people of Bordweall closer together: to remind them of their commonality and that no matter what that the rank difference between them was, the struggles they faced were similar.

Alongside this lofty goal, Isabella loved to collect knowledge. Old books abounded in her vast library. Gorawyn and Jaxiel took on the task of continuing the quest of expanding that archive and allowing others to come and research skills and knowledges long forgotten, regardless of rank or title.

Jaxiel knew the moment his wife took up Isabella’s mantle he would need to rebuild the scriptorium. Now, it sits at the edges of town, his pride and joy, and the quills and inkwells are waiting for scribes to put pen to parchment.

When Gorawyn and Jaxiel received word of this little town now in their domain, they knew they had their work cut out for them. Most of it was over grown; it needed a new well, citizens, houses rebuilt, the manor repaired, and the fields restored. Only the library had been kept intact as Isabella had aged.

All the repairs have been made. The town is ready for you to join us in our goal to spread knowledge to the people of Newel, Bloodoak, and Bordweall.

If you have interest in Farming, Paper making, Ink Making, Leatherworking for Book Binding, Writing, Scribing, City Management, Library Arts, City Militia, Scholarship, or just living in a place that sounds like this, please feel free to reach out to me on Discord - Gorawyn#3829 or join the Eclipse Gaming Discord

Gorawyn and Jaxiel run a multi gaming group called Eclipse Gaming. If you join us for CoE related things, you are welcome to join for any other gaming oriented thing we are playing! Please be sure when you join to let an officer know you are here for the city of Gutenburg in CoE.

10/10/2018 11:22:53 PM #1

Happy to have you in Newel. Great post and looking forward to see Gutenburg grow!

10/11/2018 3:44:54 PM #2

Thanks Noslim, We are excited to be in a place that is going to let us grow and succeed!

10/14/2018 3:50:12 PM #3

Awesome post! glad to have you guys with us! And for sure pop over to Nyx for coffee anytime ;)

10/15/2018 11:31:06 AM #4

I foresee many discussions in our future over coffee Mel. :) Glad to be near a fellow coffee connoisseur.

10/21/2018 7:21:00 PM #5

This post has me very excited to visit Gutenburg someday.

Taking a break and don't know when I will be back.

10/21/2018 10:21:46 PM #6

Thanks, Painted, I finally feel like I found a place I belong!

10/31/2018 3:37:58 AM #7

A Gutenburg guten tag to you all.

GenWashington Comstock