COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Couple pre-purchase questions
+0

$800 for a game is absolutely unimaginably insane. I haven't had time t read too much, but from what I see people are expecting beta to come end of 2019? So, my questions are, if I pay $800 today:

When do I actually get to play?

Are my accomplishments etc saved or will there be a reset?

When people join at launch, will my character be on an old server or will everyone be grouped together? (ie: Will I be wasting money if I buy in today in terms of being a 'somebody' by the time the game goes live?)

Thanks

10/11/2018 11:48:06 AM #1
+6

So $800 is for the governor package - this means at launch you will have a mayor/baron title a fancy house and a settlement to rule (along with some other bonuses like mounts and pets).

You will also get into the game three months earlier than everyone else so you can customise your settlement and gain some skills, money, equipment etc in somewhat peace before the majority of people enter the game (so that the world seems more lived in)

You will also have access to the alphas and betas. These are wiped since they're for bug/mechanic testing but you get early access (alpha is maybe early 2019 (maybe)) so you will have a greater understanding of game mechanics come launch. You do not gain or lose anything other than experience as a player (so you can't lose your title etc before launch)

When people join at launch they will all be on the same regional server (so if you're an NA-E guy you'll be on the NA-E server three months before launch for the exposition and people will join that server) and you would be a mayor/baron on that server.

Ofc post launch you can lose it all but you cannot lose anything in terms of 'being somebody' before the launch of the game.

10/11/2018 1:51:54 PM #2
+2

TIL that you have to pay $800 to buy CoE...

The game is $45. Everything else is extra bells and whistles that vary depending on what you want to do, and how much you want to support SBS.

I know you said you "haven't had time t read too much", but when you do, that will help you understand what level of package might be best for you.

Imgur

10/11/2018 4:06:34 PM #3
+1

The game is not $800... A package to support the studio and help flesh out the world before launch with titles, towns, etc that can be lost eventually might cost that much. If you know about the $800 package you've been to the store and scrolled down past the other packages starting at $45.

Anything in the Governor package can be worked up to in game and besides that, being Aristocracy or Nobility is only one way of playing the game. Do you think you need a town and a manor to go adventuring?

You don't need any of this stuff. If you want to be 'somebody' you can always work up to gaining fame and reputation without the expensive packages. And you're not going to be "behind". It's not that kind of game.

If you do want to get in on alpha or beta access, you'll have to pay for it. Cheapest beta access package is Beta II phase for $75.

10/11/2018 4:08:26 PM #4
+0

Posted By Marovec at 06:51 AM - Thu Oct 11 2018

The game is $45. Everything else is extra bells and whistles that vary depending on what you want to do, and how much you want to support SBS.

I know you said you "haven't had time t read too much", but when you do, that will help you understand what level of package might be best for you.

Source

10/12/2018 8:30:21 AM #5
+0

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I like the idea of starting as a baron, however I'm not crazy about the idea of not knowing when an alpha may be available. Perhaps I'll revisit the idea once alpha has actually launched.

Cheers

10/12/2018 8:51:26 AM #6
+2

If you want to be a mayor or a baron you don't have to pay $800! Get the lower pledge mayor and you can still be a baron.

The packages in the aristocracy tier all give you the ability to be a baron or a mayor, the only difference is they give a little extra ep, sparks, and cosmetic items. Your money would be better spend getting the mayor pledge and buying a bunch of ep.

However, you don't have to buy the pledge to become a mayor or a baron. You can buy bloodline and build up your own costomized town by purchasing land and ep to build it up to what you want. You're not obligated to buy any of these by any means! As you can still work your way up in a preexisting town come launch as well.

I made a really informational post about mayors and barons and stuff if you would like to take a read as well while you're looking around.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28514/mayorsbarons-great-start-here

Also! Welcome to the community ^.^

11/30/2018 1:29:23 AM #7
+0

I appreciate the information given in this thread. @VioletWinter & Sylvae