COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Going to Pax?

I was just wondering if any plans were mentioned for SBS to attend Pax again in the future, specifically Pax south.

If you like alchemy, settle in Amestrys. If you can find it...(NA-E)

10/16/2018 9:13:06 PM #1

SBS hasn't announced any plans to attend PAX in the future, and considering they didn't have a booth at PAX West (the largest PAX event) this year, it's safe to say they probably won't be at South. It costs them a lot of money and resources to attend PAX, and they've stated that they'd rather be putting that into the game's development.

10/16/2018 9:39:22 PM #2

Posted By Scuttle at 2:13 PM - Tue Oct 16 2018

SBS hasn't announced any plans to attend PAX in the future, and considering they didn't have a booth at PAX West (the largest PAX event) this year, it's safe to say they probably won't be at South. It costs them a lot of money and resources to attend PAX, and they've stated that they'd rather be putting that into the game's development.

Well then it just sounds to me that anyone who is a fan of CoE that is going to PAX, maybe order a set of like 200 business cards from vista print for $10 and make it CoE themed with the website link and some key mechanics. Bam, marketing problem at PAX solved. Sure no demos, but an enthusiastic fan is going to be more effective. Best relay of information in marketing is by word of mouth.

So why not help SBS out since they were kind enough not to waste our time on a meet and greet, and do some marketing for them? :) I'm sure more money will get added to the kickstarter, thus more funding for SBS, AND if you're slick you can get perks from your friend referral code.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

10/16/2018 11:45:36 PM #3

Posted By Mhaura at 11:39 PM - Tue Oct 16 2018

So why not help SBS out since they were kind enough not to waste our time on a meet and greet, and do some marketing for them? :) I'm sure more money will get added to the kickstarter, thus more funding for SBS, AND if you're slick you can get perks from your friend referral code.

In a better world, there would be a fan/press kit to start with, and some influence points would go to such supporters who would spend time, money and energy doing that marketing you speek so easily of... without them having to "trick" people with referals.

Secondly, of the four servers, only one didn't get a chance to have that meet-and-greet you seem to have in low-esteem, or the Con-Quest perks, or get their actual paws on a demo as a token of thanks for their early backing.

Finally and to answer the initial post, it is really a bad time to show CoE in a booth, being in the middle of their "most critical" development releases (0.4 and 0.5), between the recent unveiling of the new Prelyria low-polygon client and the upcoming and long-awaited map selection.

Moreover, the dev team stated in previous debriefing posts after conference events, how difficult it is to show something relevant and fresh for an MMO (analogy of having a car that could drive well but has no seat or body parts, not a good show).

Kurugi [A5D079]