COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Horse Breeder / Animal Domesticator Looking for a place to set down!

Hey I've been a long time fan of what Soulbound is planning on doing with Elyria and will be purchasing a Gentry package here within the next few months and planning my business from there, but in the mean time, I was looking for a county/duchy/kingdom to sign up with as a primary means of providing horses/domesticated animals/wild animals. I'm not looking for an exclusive monopoly agreement only an immediate preference for my wares where it should prove feasible for both parties. Both for our eventual prosperity and the ease of access such a service and agreement would afford both parties.

So as an early draft of such an agreement:

I agree to:

1. Hold and reserve a certain amount of animals for sole use by notable members of the county/duchy/kingdom including but not limited to: Soldiers, Nobility, Notable businesses that do not directly compete with my aforementioned business(Think providing bears for fighting pits, or animals to haul cargo across meaningful distances as businesses I'd be willing to hold over for)

2. Maintain fair and honest business practices within the county/duchy/kingdom I am residing in which includes: Offering just and fair prices for the aforementioned parties

3. Maintaining a presence within the county/duchy/kingdom and keeping relevant/informed on any strategies used in my business to provide the end result.

In return I would expect these things in return:

1. For whatever amount of animals I am holding over for the county/duchy/kingdom I would expect sufficient compensation to maintain the animals until such a time as they see use by the county/duchy/kingdom

2. A safe and guarded environment to conduct my business in as I should see fit with regard to county/duchy/kingdom laws, with assurances that should harm come to my property, tools, workers, myself, or animals will be dealt in a way that will recoup whatever I have lost within reason (E.G: If a horse thief should make off with one of my horses, I would wish for them to pay it in a monetary fashion and have the animal returned to me.)

3. Fair and reasonable property and business taxes with regard for what I have previously offered and will continue to offer in the best interest of prosperity between both parties.

If you're interested in such an arrangement, feel free to message me or comment here and we'll see if we can work something out!

10/21/2018 3:15:12 PM #1

I’d be interested, however, I’m aiming for the To’resk biome, so horses may not work very well, maybe otter bears or (so far) unknown tropical mounts.
If you really want horses specifically, neran grasslands is your best bet.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/21/2018 8:08:13 PM #2

Hello Bear,

I am from Newel County in the Duchy of Bloodoak, Kingdom of Bordweall. I know that we will have a large need for domesticated animals, especially horses and beasts of burden. I personally am in charge of the security for Newel County, so I can meet your second expectation. Trade is very important for us and that means keeping our citizens safe. Taxes will be fair as well for similar reasons and we have checks in place to make sure they never get out of hand.

I would love for you to hop in our discord, so I can get Noslim involved and we can chat about your other expectations.

Taking a break and don't know when I will be back.

10/21/2018 8:18:34 PM #3

Welcome Bear! And well said PG! I would love to chat with you more. Please feel free to visit anytime!

10/25/2018 2:13:37 PM #4

Message me and we can negotiate

Only the Strong may rule

10/28/2018 11:01:55 AM #5

After a couple different considerations and offers were put my way, I have decided to go with the Duchy of Bloadoak in the Grand County of Noslean, thank you for taking the time to speak with me to all who were interested!

10/28/2018 1:40:36 PM #6

Posted By The Bear at

Hey I've been a long time fan of what Soulbound is planning on doing with Elyria and will be purchasing a Gentry package here within the next few months and planning my business from there, but in the mean time, I was looking for a county/duchy/kingdom to sign up with as a primary means of providing horses/domesticated animals/wild animals. I'm not looking for an exclusive monopoly agreement only an immediate preference for my wares where it should prove feasible for both parties. Both for our eventual prosperity and the ease of access such a service and agreement would afford both parties.

So as an early draft of such an agreement:

I agree to:

1. Hold and reserve a certain amount of animals for sole use by notable members of the county/duchy/kingdom including but not limited to: Soldiers, Nobility, Notable businesses that do not directly compete with my aforementioned business(Think providing bears for fighting pits, or animals to haul cargo across meaningful distances as businesses I'd be willing to hold over for)

2. Maintain fair and honest business practices within the county/duchy/kingdom I am residing in which includes: Offering just and fair prices for the aforementioned parties

3. Maintaining a presence within the county/duchy/kingdom and keeping relevant/informed on any strategies used in my business to provide the end result.

In return I would expect these things in return:

1. For whatever amount of animals I am holding over for the county/duchy/kingdom I would expect sufficient compensation to maintain the animals until such a time as they see use by the county/duchy/kingdom

2. A safe and guarded environment to conduct my business in as I should see fit with regard to county/duchy/kingdom laws, with assurances that should harm come to my property, tools, workers, myself, or animals will be dealt in a way that will recoup whatever I have lost within reason (E.G: If a horse thief should make off with one of my horses, I would wish for them to pay it in a monetary fashion and have the animal returned to me.)

3. Fair and reasonable property and business taxes with regard for what I have previously offered and will continue to offer in the best interest of prosperity between both parties.

If you're interested in such an arrangement, feel free to message me or comment here and we'll see if we can work something out!

Hi there, Horse Lord here, I think I would love to have you

10/30/2018 5:14:04 PM #7

You are welcome to come join us in Umaroth. We specialize in architecture and mining, but have a geographic region that will permit taming of Otter Bears and other larger animals. We do help our members get established and started as they come into the game. The county is actually two counties in one so we have a fair amount of land that can be given to the right people for the right purpose. I don't mean that you are necessarily looking for handouts, but consider it more of we jumpstart our members.

The other good thing is that we are part of the Conclave of Aritaur which is three duchies in one. This means that if you don't think Umaroth is the right county for you, you have ~90 others to choose from. You can join us in discord and learn more about who we are and what we do.

Umaroth Recruitment Thread: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23759/county-of-umaroth Umaroth Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/g4FzvHK