COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
NA-W Maps

So, what are we, those of us on NA-W, thinking on maps?

10/23/2018 2:23:48 PM #1

I have no idea why Map L just jumped through the roof it's not even that good of a map.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

10/23/2018 2:31:07 PM #2

I voted on map J, which has the largest boreal forest for Kypiqs.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

10/23/2018 4:10:24 PM #3

Yeah Map L just came out of no where.

I want Map O for NA-W because of the large sexy Marsh

10/23/2018 4:35:55 PM #4

I think we should all consider Kingdom 4 when deciding which map to vote for. Depending on the map they could either have a significantly larger territory and/or a very defensible, consolidated territory.

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn

10/23/2018 4:50:13 PM #5

I rather like P, so many borders on that one. Gotta love E for that nearly little island as well.

10/23/2018 5:30:24 PM #6

I went with J because the 3 Neran territories were adjacent to each other (though in different kingdoms).

10/23/2018 5:33:00 PM #7

I voted map H because i like the big lake in the middle of the map between the desert of the waerd and the marsh of the to'resk. A nice way to travel either across the lake or travel around.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

10/23/2018 5:56:53 PM #8

Most people are waiting on the duchy lines to express their thoughts for maps.

10/23/2018 6:21:56 PM #9

Map I appears to have the most interesting and suggestive coast, with the best bays and probable river deltas.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

10/23/2018 7:36:38 PM #10

'H' map has an interesting 'neutral zone' in the middle and currently rates 2nd for Angelica and 1st for Luna. Ummmm (ah! internal lake).

For myself, am looking for Great Northern Forests and connected Toresk/Dras areas balanced with a strong preference for the smallest Janoan Jungle possible. Non-contiguous Neran lands a desirable plus.

Still looking to see which gets closest to this.

Overall 'H' is pretty sweet and balanced.

Edit: kinda like 'L' too.

Edit edit: ended up voting 'I', 'H' and 'S' --- nine souls each

Imgur

10/23/2018 8:38:28 PM #11

Posted By malachid at 12:30 PM - Tue Oct 23 2018

I went with J because the 3 Neran territories were adjacent to each other (though in different kingdoms).

Ditto

10/23/2018 8:58:25 PM #12

Posted By Malais at 1:38 PM - Tue Oct 23 2018

Posted By malachid at 12:30 PM - Tue Oct 23 2018

Ditto

Yeah! J is where it's at!

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

10/23/2018 9:12:46 PM #13

My thoughts as a future crafter: Any layout where there is only one biome/continent in the middle (A-F, etc) are going to be bad for business--I suspect there will be resources that are limited based on the biome you are in, and those will be required to be transported from north to south and visa-versa. This will be a problem with bandits/leaders/etc controlling those resources or travel later in the game. So those are out. I have been trying to guess based on the maps provided if we will see major populations pooling in the center of the map, or if they will more be branched between north and south (There will always be large capital cities and trade hubs). Really wide maps, like J and P will likely have some major pooling in the middle due to their shape (which would be great for us crafter types, since major resources will likely be brought to the city for sale, meaning we won't have to risk relying on cross-world trade to get the items we need) Based on what little info we have now though, a lot is going to be based on conjecture. I like the wider maps for the reasons I listed above. I like map J, and I think the Neran Grasslands will be popular (Although Kingdoms 1/6 will be at a major disadvantage just based on land mass, and Kingdom 3 will be at an advantage due to positioning and size)

On a side note, I wish the maps were interactive, and highlighted what you were mousing over. I'm opening the map with paint and comparing color hues, since some of them are so similar.

Anyways, I'd love to hear more indepth thoughts on what people think. I'm going to hold off on voting until I have a better grasp of things... I just really don't want it to be L, because that's a terrible layout.

10/23/2018 9:34:06 PM #14

Good thoughts, SlaserX.

My interests are nearly opposite yours, however. I'm looking to be a Brudvir mayor, so the maps I'm the most interested in are those that are self-serving. I kind of like the idea of isolation, so I like the maps that have the largest Taiga biome. Especially those with diverse, and interesting coastlines.

On a separate note, does anyone know if the NA-W kingdoms have expressed tribe/biome preferences yet?

10/23/2018 10:35:51 PM #15

@Torque, I know that Aranor is for Hrothi/Brudvir. Also, how the heck did you sneak Sardaukar through surname reservation? Obviously no Dune fans on the dev team...

NA-W, Governor of Ogralyn