COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Why I think Map D is good for Demalion Empire

First off a few caveats;

• I currently have no official association to the Demalion Empire. But as they want to host Brudvir, Neran & Hrothi it's likely I will at some point.
  • I've added the tribal images to maps A through to J so far, but it's a lot of work and I'm no expert at this. Paint 3D was doing my nut so I switched to GIMP but I find that fiddly as fuck.
  • So the plan was to do a post with all 20 maps with the tribal images and my comments on each on how it could pertain to the Demalion double kingdom. I will hopefully still do that.
  • For now I'm posting this as it really stuck out to me.
  • These are my thoughts only, I'm not trying to influence the direction that the leadership want to go.
  • I'm not as active as I once was, so I'm not even sure if there is an official line yet from Demalion.
  • I added the tribal images for my own benefit as it helps me to visualise a whole lot better.

The Map

Alt text - can be left blank

Comments

I need to be brief as I'm knackered. Basically it goes like this, if Demalion take Kingdoms 1 & 3, they get what they wanted; Brudvir, Neran & Hrothi. They also get a lot more; control of a North\South choke point and two more tribes; Kypiq & Waerd! Five of the eight tribes in one Kingdom, that's pretty mental.

Obviosly there's more to consider. Demalion essentially have two options for most if not all of the maps. Also how Demalion's choice of map may impact the other kingdoms and such. I've not looked in detail at maps K-T yet as I'll only do that once I edit them with the tribal images. I just find it easier that way ok.

Anyways, what do you all think?

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

10/23/2018 10:28:36 PM #1

Hi ZeroCool!

Thanks for sharing your views. We're currently in very energising talks weighing our options and would like to invite you to just join in on our Discord. We're not in a hurry, so take your time as well. It's a very good opportunity to get to know the community and duchies of Demalion.

Cheers,

Alte

10/24/2018 6:27:26 AM #2

I've done up to M now and I now see that there will be multiple opportunities for Demalion to host the same 5 tribes. Should be good for recruitment and even absorbing a fair amount of players who join post launch.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

10/24/2018 9:31:13 AM #3

maybe Paint(dot)net will be an option for your skill and use case. I use it for myself to create thumbnails for Yt-vids and it works better then paint 3D in my eyes. best of all ist free so just try it ;) i hove that hepls you

10/24/2018 12:17:15 PM #4

There are dozens of different areas that need to be considered when deciding on a map that go well beyond just controlling more tribes or a choke point, some of which are actually far more important aswell, So only when all things are weighed and balanced can a decision be made on a best map.

10/24/2018 11:45:23 PM #5

D is by far the worst of all maps for hrothi-kypiq-trade. I hate it. And having kypiq and brudvir as neighbours calls for trouble...

But good to know, that demalion empire maybe plans to take both hrothi-kingdoms. Sounds like I should learn more about them, as a hrothi^^

Friend Code: 30EF47

10/25/2018 1:25:54 AM #6

Map D is horrible, you don't want it, NA-W will take it just to keep it from bothering you.

Ignore the Eastern gulf that provides opportunity for naval trade amongst 6 biomes.

Ignore the fact that kingdom 4 can have (with minor coastal sailing) direct relations with 5 of the 6 kingdoms.

Ignore the fact that the Waerd have a pivotal position in the northern half of the continent.

You don't want map D

10/25/2018 7:56:59 AM #7

Posted By Labbe at 02:25 AM - Thu Oct 25 2018

Map D is horrible, you don't want it

No we don't, take it please.