COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Map selection analysis

Hey all,

first of all we Need to work together to choose wisely. There are lot of different map types. Just give your vote is a Risk! We Need to fokus all of our Votes to 1 map.

Because we are just a "small" Server and if LUNA or ANGELICA vote the same map they will recieve it probably.

So lets have a look on the Maps: In my opinion we can Point out some Special marks on most of the Maps. So i will try to summ up them

Length of map:

• The longer the map from NORTH to SOUTH the more time we Need to trade, travel, evolve!

• the more space we have (but do we really Need it)

thin in the middle:

• the smaller the map in the middle (lesser Bioms/kingdoms) the more can be controlled by just 1 "Kingdom or Biom" They can raise TAX eg.

• if it would be thick we got lesser Problems later on.

Map H is unique:

• there is a hole in the middle - so water - better Transportation / fishing eg.

• But its voted from both Servers LUNA & ANGELICA too.

MY OPINION:

If we choose a "smaller" map we got higher population per area (=more fun) more possibilitys to trade fast. Lesser Domination by just 1 Kingdom.

Map H is awesome… but i believe we can't get more Points then other Servers... sadly.

I would recommend MAP ---> L <---- There we got 3 Kingdoms in the middle - Not only 1 Blocking and Controlling the whole map.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets discuss & choose wisely together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alt text - can be left blank

10/23/2018 10:42:47 PM #1

Hello MagistrateMondra,

Thanks for sharing your views. Please note that most discussion is taking place in the kingdom Discord servers atm. You may also share your views in the Selene Discord ofc.

Cheers,

Alte

10/23/2018 10:44:41 PM #2

How to join there?

10/23/2018 11:11:09 PM #3

https://discord.gg/jj8U2GU

Join usssssssssssss.

Also, that link has no limit on how many folks can use it, so if you aren't already part of that community, come on in!

10/23/2018 11:39:22 PM #4

And in case the above post gets deleted on account of a link, you should have a button at the bottom of the official email that announced map voting (not the one from Kickstarter, but the other).

10/24/2018 5:26:49 AM #5

Info on the EU server and its kingdoms is helpfully presented in this thread: EU Kingdom/Duchy Information & Welcome. It also holds this link to the Selene Discord: CoE Selene Discord.

In case you wonder, there are separate forum sections for each server on this website, like this one for Selene:

CoE Website Selene Section.

10/24/2018 6:33:07 AM #6

Posted By MagistrateMondra at

Just give your vote is a Risk! We Need to fokus all of our Votes to 1 map.

Because we are just a "small" Server and if LUNA or ANGELICA vote the same map they will recieve it probably.

All servers will likely get different different maps, won't they? One server's votes do not affect what some other servers will have.

10/24/2018 6:42:12 AM #7

If all 3 pick the same map... only 1 will get it. Selection by overall influence!!!

10/24/2018 7:03:01 AM #8

OK, so this is not a real vote of people's opinions. This is reservation of 5 options for each server. Why even make it a vote. They should have given the power to kings and make them negotiate and work it out.

10/24/2018 7:59:27 AM #9

The voting is not just about selecting a few maps by the most influential and affected individuals. Not at all actually. And this is also about playing the game by community building and defining the conditions for the eventual in-game experience, in many respects.

Just imagine (or better: check!), what is going on in the Discord servers of kingdoms and duchies atm. Players share their insights in what is relevant for their realms, and meanwhile reveal what they value most. This enables players and their leaders to align, reconsider and adjust sails. A highly relevant process in the forging of the nations of Elyria.

10/24/2018 1:03:26 PM #10

Posted By MagistrateMondra at

I would recommend MAP ---> L <---- There we got 3 Kingdoms in the middle - Not only 1 Blocking and Controlling the whole map.

and that why i take the L btw haha, happy to see i'm not alone with a brain

twitch.tv/Irethfr

10/24/2018 9:23:30 PM #11

I cant decide, if I want to have many different neigbours or only one thats in my own kingdom... Can someone predict for me, how peaceful the game will be? :P

If its kinda peaceful, having many different neighbouring biomes would be awesome for trade and sightseeing. If everyone is a warmonger, better not have any...

I personally want to play a hrothi. There are maps, where my only neighbours are neran/brudvir who would be in my own kingdom, but on other maps, I have neran, brudvir, kypiq and waerd neigbours... thats quite a huge difference... especially when I know my gf will want to play a kypiq and I might like to visit her sometimes... having to travel through several biomes for that might be annoying.

So many things to think about...

And then, sure, the obvious ones like "are the sizes fair", "how are kingdoms located", "do I want interior lakes (which will be there anyway, just not as huge as on H)", "do I want two connected landmasses or one big landmass", "do I want biomes without coastlines"...

but for now, my priority is having kypiq neighboured with hrothi... not just because of my gf, also because I'd like to see the kypiqs biome as it sounds great and less boring than nerans/brudvirs, so anyone suggesting a map where thats the case might get my vote for the second round. the chance to get one of those into the second round should be quite good.

So with B and I being currently the highest, I'd clearly go on I and not B for the second round.

I'm all for working together... if whoever wants to lead the community chooses a map, where hrothi and kypiq can play together with small distance, then I'll totally follow the advice on which map to vote, as will do my gf and my sis... Would just be nice, if the discussions were not only in the kingdoms discord, but at least the results here somewhere in the forums... Even if it was kingdom a wants A or C, kingdom b wants B or F, kingdom c wants F or L etc... knowing which tribe-combinations the mentioned kingdoms target would help others vote with them instead of randomly wasting their voice on maps that wont be chosen.

I want to give my vote to a map that will make it into the top5. But that supposedly wont happen by luck... so... guide me, someone^^

Or are the kingdoms of EU already sure which map they want, everyone agrees and they just wait a while with voting? would be nice to know, too. I just get the feeling that no king tries to get in contact with the community in the forums for mapvoting... shouldnt that be part of their "job", to make as much people as possible happy and organize stuff? Or do they just not care and want a random decision?

Searched through discord a bit and it seems they do organize this somehow... as a nomad, there is no insight in any results if they already have some, but still, thats all just in discord... there isnt even a link to that survey here anywhere... why dont you try to contact forumgoers, too? Where is the thread "Which map do we want for Selene"?

Friend Code: 30EF47