COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
how do we download the game for alpha and beta access?

I am looking for the download link, I bought the governor package so I could get alpha access, but I do not see a way to download the game.

10/25/2018 1:07:30 AM #1

There is currently no playable version available for the public. We are still in the Pre - Alpha stage which is currently only available to Devs friends and family.

So there currently isn't a download option as there isn't anything for us currently to play, we are waiting for Pre-Alpha to become available to Alpha 1 backers

10/25/2018 1:17:39 AM #2

I of course mean no offense, but did you really spend 800 dollars on something you evidently know nothing about?

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

10/25/2018 3:13:25 AM #3

Posted By Kastivi at 6:17 PM - Wed Oct 24 2018

I of course mean no offense, but did you really spend 800 dollars on something you evidently know nothing about?

I don't think that is fair. I myself have been aware of this game only recently after it falling off my radar due to work and various other things.

Yes he is new, yes jumping in head first with governor is all sorts of dedication.

No, I don't think we should question his decision to support this game and want Alpha access so he can get in as soon as possible. I mean, what is it the rest of us want if not access to this game as soon as we can manage?

10/25/2018 3:50:21 AM #4

I did just jump in without a lot of info on when and where, but not without any knowledge of the game. I started looking at the game a while back with some friends, and we kind of forgot about it, then we found it again. I really like the concept of the game and I really want to play it with my friends.

yes 800 is a lot, but I believe this game will be huge and I want to support its startup. in some of the posts it says alpha projected for 2018, beta projected early 2019 and release projected late 2019... that's why I asked.

10/25/2018 4:20:31 AM #5

Those projections are not release dates, those projections are times of which active development could occur.

10/25/2018 9:19:45 AM #6

Just wanted to add to this, as I'm confused about all of this as well.

I pledged the kickstarter donkeys ago, and knew it would take a long time before I get any kind of access to it. But receiving all those emails now saying "come and play, vote for maps, buy these in-game pets and whatnot" - but not being able to play (that I am aware off), is very very confusing.

10/25/2018 12:26:24 PM #7

Posted By FaceFoiled at 02:19 AM - Thu Oct 25 2018

Just wanted to add to this, as I'm confused about all of this as well.

I pledged the kickstarter donkeys ago, and knew it would take a long time before I get any kind of access to it. But receiving all those emails now saying "come and play, vote for maps, buy these in-game pets and whatnot" - but not being able to play (that I am aware off), is very very confusing.

Let me try to help you a bit.

Elyria right now is in the map voting stage of the game. We are at the point where we are building the framework for what we are going to be getting into at launch, and gearing up to start Pre-Alpha and Alpha experiences.

What we are doing now is going to affect the history, the starting continent, and when we start switching from map voting to Domain and Settlement Selection, it will allow people that have titles and own land to finally start staking it out in the world.

The next step after Selection we will most likely be the Pre-Alpha, which most backers will get access to depending on their Alpha/Beta access levels.

At the behest of the community, emails have been sent out by SbS, because we are officially at a pivotal point where everything we do matters, and people that took a step away from the game while it developed are being invited back to see the progress.

10/25/2018 12:41:22 PM #8

Re; Labbe

Thanks, that actually explains it a bit. I have to say, I was quite confused about it all, with the various emails and such inviting me to go out and play this event and that event. Just noticed my registration date as well "February 2016". It's been 2.5 years so far, whats another 2.5 years :P. For the time being, the email's continue to go into my spam folder though, as it's just too annoying to get emails telling me to take part with the various in-game events without being actually able to do anything.

10/25/2018 12:45:37 PM #9

Posted By FaceFoiled at 05:41 AM - Thu Oct 25 2018

Re; Labbe

Thanks, that actually explains it a bit. I have to say, I was quite confused about it all, with the various emails and such inviting me to go out and play this event and that event. Just noticed my registration date as well "February 2016". It's been 2.5 years so far, whats another 2.5 years :P. For the time being, the email's continue to go into my spam folder though, as it's just too annoying to get emails telling me to take part with the various in-game events without being actually able to do anything.

No problem FaceFoiled. I do want to say thought before you stuff the emails into your spam folder that this whole thing seems to be coming to a head.

As far as I know they will have everything in place after map voting to roll right into Domain and Settlement Selection, and hopefully we will start rolling right into a Pre-Alpha sometime shortly after that. No guarantees and all, but I'd at least keep them in the inbox :P

10/25/2018 12:53:18 PM #10

For me the organized daydreaming may be the best part. The money is not just for a product like other games. If they pull this off, it will be something new and special. Backers will be a part of that.

10/25/2018 4:15:21 PM #11

Well on behalf of the community, we're glad you folks are here :) I can certainly understand losing touch with a game that is still in the early stages of development, especially if you are actively doing something else.

A recently one of the community members, Themata, put together a Design Journal Masterlist. This will be a great tool to help you catch up, though it can be daunting as it is a lot of information.

I'd also recommend popping into the developer journal tab on the forums and reading, in the top sticky section, both the crafting redux and communication journal, as well as the production update. Also since the masterlist only covers 2017, just have a browse throught the bottom section for 2018 production journals. The aren't always in order, but the date published is listed. That should help to get you up to speed fairly quickly. And of course always feel free to ask questions, the community here is pretty good at helping out!

Hope that helps :)

10/25/2018 5:30:42 PM #12

It makes sense that we will move in to the alpha stages after they complete 0.5.0 adventure.

Then they have all the systems implemented that is needed to provide some sort of gameplay and content.

If we all cross our fingers maybe we get Alpha before Christmas. :)

10/26/2018 8:32:48 PM #13

Honestly I wouldn't mind waiting even longer. Because at the end of the day the longer they take the more complete the first taste of game play will be. I am already super excited from what I've been reading and seeing on this game and here's hoping that its gonna be the next big MMO played by all on a scale of maybe WoW or even Final Fantasy 14 online.

Huzzah!