COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Mayoral homelessness sucks

As a mayor i have held back committing to any community thus far due to a few reasons. I’m relatively a newbie (following since April). I have read all the Monarch/Kingdom posts that are available, checked out their discords and their websites if applicable (even reached out to Blah =)). Then began the same process with some duchies, it is overwhelming….there is a TON of information to process and most sounds great. I stopped, then followed kingdom discords. Honestly, the viewing information in discords is a lot of fluff imo and niceties. It really had no benefit.

I know at this point there still is a bunch of supposition about what will and what may be. My brain can’t set in stone at this point what my town “theme” will be given the lack of factual information. The evolutionary process of MEOW creation i suppose is the reason for this. I am actually amazed at the creativity of many folks in this community!

So in lieu of giving my town a theme at this point, I would like to propose another method. I will tell you a bit about me and my interests. This may provide some insight into my being or not being a good “fit” for your community.

Hi! I am a rl healthcare professional for the past 23 years. I have been playing “mmo” type games for years (1997ish baptized with UO). I have numerous in game interests that would be beneficial to hrothi, brudvir and toresk mayoral play style. I am planning on having a Waerd alt. I have interests in animal husbandry, mystical arts ie ( astrology), jeweler, architecture, language and contracts, medicinal and herb lore, and alchemy. I can commit a decent amount of time to online gaming, although when i work my days are long and i will be unavailable ( saving lives is what i do 3d x a week). I am a concrete thinker and struggle with the abstract (bless you ppl). I am precise in my work. I do not have a posse of people to bring to your community, but i am witty and can draw people in..i think! =)

Thanks for the read =)

10/28/2018 7:00:04 PM #1

This was a really nice post to read, talk about a MMO veteran!

Im no Mayor, but also feel a bit lost since im also a bit "new" here. I have tryed the Discord a few times, but the activity there is almost overwhelming. Anyway, i hope you good lucj findinga nice community to join. You deserve that.

10/28/2018 7:37:29 PM #2

There are maybe 3 possible ways to decide where to plop down your settlement, one of which it seems you resigned yourself too, and one you might not have considered.

1. Narrow it down from the top down. Start with server which an easy way to pick is based on real world location due to latency and lag. Then go to Kingdoms. Find out which Kingdoms might be interesting to you. Is this one into role play, does this one want to be a mercantilistic empire and then pick one of those.

Then search that kingdom for a duchy to join. Many duchies will focus on one thing or other. Academic prowess, Military might, etc. I would try joining discords at this level.

If you join a discord and the vibe doesn't feel 100%, go back a level and pick a different route. Try all the duchies in your kingdom of choice, and if that fails, pick a different kingdom and try Those duchies out.

2. Post a "Come recruit me" message. This it what it seems like you are doing here. Lay out what it is you want with the game, basic info, and when people come flocking to you because there is no shortage of places to put a mayor, see who you might get along with.

3. Don't pick. This is one you maybe haven't thought of, and honestly I would suggest finding a community of like minded individuals anyway. But if you cannot click with a group, then pick a settlement during selection that simply meets your criteria.

Pick your favorite biome, and go for a good location. Then once the game starts get to know your community around you, or invite people to yours. Find a close knit group of people to come join your town, and You be the recuiter instead of the recruited.

No matter what, I wish you luck finding some people you can get along with. I know that it makes a huge difference, especially in this waiting period we are still in, if you have other people you can get excited about the game with.

10/28/2018 9:26:49 PM #3

I think it will be easier to pick a definite home after the maps are decided and the kingdoms and dukes and counts have picked their domains.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

10/28/2018 11:11:06 PM #4

Rhianon,

I agree it is a very important decision to make. Like you, I have dabbled with the idea of playing ToResk, Waerd, Hrothi and Budvir. I've even drafted write-ups for each along the way. As you will come to hear from others, picking the people you are to settle among is of the utmost importance; more so that the tribe and biome itself. This is likely why you have belabored on the decision. I've sent you a message on an idea I have that might work for you, but I implore you to continue to ask around Luna on opportunities that match your desires. You still have lots of time to vet your options.

10/29/2018 4:43:14 AM #5

I agree just joining Kingdom discords is not going to tell you much about that community. You would need to speak to individual Counts and see if you would be a possible fit in those communities which are MANY that make up the kingdoms.

We do a public meet and greet every first and third Saturday that is open to all and would absolutely love if you would stop by!

Link is in my Sig! Good luck on your search!

10/29/2018 5:33:57 AM #6

From my time on the forums. I find people that do posts like this, the "recruit me". You just get heaps of random people inviting you to discord. Which really isn't any different from joining a whole bunch of different discords yourself.

At this rate, every group wants everyone. While you have people/groups that will promise you the world as well.

What I would do, is after figuring out what server you want. Just aim for whatever you want. If that is a tribe, just wait until domain selection. While getting in with a group has pluses. Not like you are screwed if you aren't in one. Plus how much drama happens in so many different groups, can be seen as a plus not joining one.

Unless you can find a group that is after the same tribe/ideas, which will go join them, no matter what kingdom that tribe ends up in.

In the end, NA groups are mostly too big to get any real feel. It be easier just looking for counts to join and not even caring about what duchy/kingdom they are in.

10/29/2018 7:07:36 AM #7

If you can't find a group that appeals to you on NA-E you might consider checking another server too. Super low latency might not be that important if you don't plan to play a warrior (and due to fame multipliers on spirit loss an aristocrat or a noble should think twice about getting themselves into combat anyway and preferably avoid it).

I'm from Europe myself, but the kingdoms there didn't really click for me; too many forced agendas and hierarchies, at least at the time, which collided with the more technocratic concepts of my county (which is an attempt at making the enforced feudal model more 'democratic'). Thus I ended up settling in NA-W after I got to know a duke and duchy there that was a rather good match for me.

I'm afraid your post won't really help you though; it's like how Gunnlang says, pretty much everyone would want to have you, at least I know I would (if you were on Angelica) based on what you posted. But you pretty much only posted what you have to offer, and not so much what you yourself desire. Sure, you might filter out some of those who are specialized in other areas than your interests and those who absolutely prefer a 24/7 player, but still... isn't the problem that you couldn't find a place to settle already because you're looking for something specific to begin with? The tribe can't be the only thing, no? Especially since nobody can really guarantee a tribe yet outside of aiming for one (like how the duchy I'm in aims for To'resk territory).

10/30/2018 5:03:15 AM #8

Welcome to CoE!

I am a countess with a home (Vornair, Rhynelands duchy), but no mayors. You would be most welcome in my county.

I will probably end up in Neran lands, but I fully intend on importing as many of the other tribes as I can during exposition.

My county will be about peace and prosperity through trade. I intend to create a more family friendly environment as well.

I, too, am a veteran of UO (among so many other MMOGs) and was actually part of their counselor program. I am a roleplayer, an adventurer, and a strategist. As for real life, I am a game developer for a small mobile game company. Not nearly as noble a profession as yours, not by a long shot.

Should you be interested, feel free to contact me by PM here. You can also join my county discord with the link below. It's a pretty quiet place so far, so it shouldn't overwhelm!

I hope you find a place that suits your needs! :)

10/30/2018 5:13:08 AM #9

Hello Rhianon! In your original post you didn't mention how you're currently spending your free time online. What games do you play right now? I'm an administrator for a gaming community where we play all sorts of games, and perhaps you will find a place to hang out while waiting for CoE.

I am also a Count, and like you, I am not too committed to any play style or focus, as I am waiting for some more detailed information, so maybe one day we can figure out what the heck we're doing in CoE together.

Feel free to message me on here or click my signature for a link to our community Discord. Thanks again for reading!

Warriors of Æsir

10/30/2018 5:03:34 PM #10

You are welcome to come join us in Umaroth. We specialize in architecture and mining, but have a dire need for the more general professions. It seems like everyone wants to be a Hrothi miner. We do help our members get established and started as they come into the game. The county is actually two counties in one so we have a fair amount of land that can be given to the right people for the right purposes. I don't mean that you are necessarily looking for handouts, but consider it more of we jumpstart our members. We do have a guild in our area that is all about the apothecary and healing and another that is all about Engineering and Mining.

The other good thing is that we are part of the Conclave of Aritaur which is three duchies in one. This means that if you don't think Umaroth is the right county for you, you have ~90 others to choose from. You can join us in discord and learn more about who we are and what we do.

Umaroth Recruitment Thread: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23759/county-of-umaroth Umaroth Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/g4FzvHK

10/30/2018 6:06:08 PM #11

Anyone who is willing to uphold the values of An Didean (NA-W) is welcome to join my county. I have several job postings available that you may be interested in, and am willing to negotiate if you have a specific county level role you may want to be involved in. You can find general information about the county in this post: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/26162/an-d%C3%ADdean-county-recruitment

If you have any questions or would just like to get to know me, feel free to message me.

11/1/2018 6:32:30 PM #12

Thank you all for your valuable input, it is much appreciated!