COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Mines
+1

So I was thinking, with land ownership including depth and height as well as width and length, does that mean that if i want to own a private mine I only need to purchase another block below a previously purchased one?

11/2/2018 1:47:12 AM #1
+1

For example I'm in my back yard digging a hole fore a tree and i find Gold/ Silver/ Iron and I decide to I'm going to dig for more could i purchase the land below me and start mining?

11/2/2018 2:25:19 AM #2
+6

They are still trying to figure out how it is going to work for 3d land ownership. In general a parcel of owned land was 2d with a 64mx64m plot of land (about an acre).

It was assumed that this makes you the owner of anything underneath your land, so if you struck gold lucky you.

They realize though this will not work as well with Hrothi and Kypiq settlements which potentially could have houses with different owners above and below each other.

Last I heard I think they were considering a 64x64x64 square land ownership for Hrothi and Kypiq settlements only, but I imagine this number getting refined more and finalized sometime prior to domain and settlement selection which appears to be high on the Soon list.

11/2/2018 2:31:55 AM #3
+4

Land plots are 64 by 64 by 64 meters IIRC, so yes, you’ll be able to buy ground above or below you. At least to a certain point.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

11/5/2018 12:39:59 AM #4

Any land below my land are belongs to me. If anyone wants to mine in my land, thats ok but half all ores are belong to me. I'll be willing to negotiate with people who want to live under me and over me,

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

11/5/2018 1:36:12 AM #5
+0

Posted By Thecutepig at 7:39 PM - Sun Nov 04 2018

Any land below my land are belongs to me. If anyone wants to mine in my land, thats ok but half all ores are belong to me. I'll be willing to negotiate with people who want to live under me and over me,

If it’s under or over your land, it’s not your land.

Order of IX

11/5/2018 2:25:42 AM #6
+0

Yet another simulation of real life, I suppose.

Since this is a recognized issue for Hrothi and Kypiq, how about if it is relegated to tribal traditions of those tribes?

11/5/2018 4:46:04 AM #7
+4

acording to the newest screens the waerd have a similar problem in some cities with floors above each other in a rock side. I think 64 meters high is too much. Why not 64x64x8? that is stackable as well and allows for housing above in general. in fact why not just take multiples of 2 or 4 as a convertable unit?

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/5/2018 12:48:52 PM #8
+3

64x64x64 plots don't translate very well for going verticle. I mean I know the Kypiq Ironwood trees are going to be huge. But taller than 64m, maybe, taller than 128m, doubtful.

That only gives a couple of plots above ground. Also digging 128m down would be quite an ordeal.

I also think 64x64x8 could be ok. The only problem I see is that in a town, a typical 3 storey structure is going to be above 4m tall though but a basement 4m deep I think is reasonable.

For the larger structures such as guilds, associations or dukes may own then it's pretty fair they pay a higher rate...for well going higher.

Maybe there should just be an allowance over 4m tall for regular structures? New user profession; planning officers & surveyors! Better hide that over excavated cellar well!

But the upside of 64x64x8 in Hrothi and Kypiq settlements is that you have much denser verticle plots to sub let.

But I also think 64x64x16 would be workable, would allow the Kypiq\Hrothi subplots to be spaced a little more organically maybe. Make sense, or are we barking up the wrong Ironwood tree?

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome. 2400EP.

11/5/2018 1:42:22 PM #9

Posted By zimmah at 8:36 PM - Sun Nov 04 2018

If it’s under or over your land, it’s not your land. I am saying greedily that it is. Pigs are territorial you know. We own the world but we enjoy sharing it

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

11/5/2018 1:58:30 PM #10
+0

Why not just give a quarter side, depending on the size of the tree, to each person. You don't want to abuse the tree to heavy either. If the houses are on different heights, 4 houses each tree is maybe more than enough.

11/5/2018 2:39:12 PM #11
+0

Posted By Thecutepig at 08:42 AM - Mon Nov 05 2018

Posted By zimmah at 8:36 PM - Sun Nov 04 2018

If it’s under or over your land, it’s not your land. I am saying greedily that it is. Pigs are territorial you know. We own the world but we enjoy sharing it

Except caspian said that land is no longer measured as a square, but as a cube. Just like land next to your land isn’t your land, land above or below your land also isn’t your land.

I think the 4m above and below makes more sense too, 64 seems a bit much. (Even if you consider it’s 32 below and 32 above).

Posted By Ilyria at 08:58 AM - Mon Nov 05 2018

Why not just give a quarter side, depending on the size of the tree, to each person. You don't want to abuse the tree to heavy either. If the houses are on different heights, 4 houses each tree is maybe more than enough.

It’s probably easier to have a system that is consistent.

Order of IX

11/5/2018 3:52:16 PM #12
+4

64mx64m on a flat plane is an acre. If you only have one house per acre you haven't really got the density to be a town, at most you've got some loosely associated houses.

If we can accept that in towns and cities we can have multiple dwellings and industrial/commercial properties in the same parcel on a horizontal plane why is it so hard to accept that we can have multiple dwellings and industrial commercial properties on a verticle plane?

Coming Soon(tm)

11/5/2018 4:51:32 PM #13
+2

So when you say 64x64x64 do you mean we have a cube i think more is better then less.
How is the cube placed\ calculated?

is it 32 over ground level and 32 under? Or is it 64 from ground level and up?

It be very disappointing if you had to pay twice to be able to cultivate\ mine your own land.

And what happens then if someone snatches the land under your feet?

11/5/2018 5:04:53 PM #14
+0

Posted By chipla at 11/5/2018 3:52:16 PM

64mx64m on a flat plane is an acre. If you only have one house per acre you haven't really got the density to be a town, at most you've got some loosely associated houses.

If we can accept that in towns and cities we can have multiple dwellings and industrial/commercial properties in the same parcel on a horizontal plane why is it so hard to accept that we can have multiple dwellings and industrial commercial properties on a verticle plane?

This makes the most sense to me. I do not believe anything has been finalized yet, but the person would own a cubed parcel of land and people can own buildings on his land, but not sections of the land itself.

11/5/2018 5:47:39 PM #15
+10

Posted By Watru at 08:51 AM - Mon Nov 05 2018

So when you say 64x64x64 do you mean we have a cube i think more is better then less.
How is the cube placed\ calculated?

is it 32 over ground level and 32 under? Or is it 64 from ground level and up?

It be very disappointing if you had to pay twice to be able to cultivate\ mine your own land.

And what happens then if someone snatches the land under your feet?

That's correct - the "Ground" is at the center of the parcel's cube, vertically.

Don't forget that as a parcel holder, you can sub-let your parcel using the rights system. So if you wanted to run an inn or a boarding house, or even erect a tenement block on your property, you can do so. Urban density may not be a product of each land-owner's holdings, so much as it is a byproduct of the way they utilize their property.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter