COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Baron Looking for a home

Greetings all

I'm from all the way back from the kickstarter but haven't kept in touch with the forums.

Time for that to change, I'm a baron looking to pledge my allegiance...

Any takers or please can you point me in the right direction to parooze the avaialbe communities.

11/3/2018 8:37:36 AM #1

Welcome.

If you like a trading community with a large army back-up, you'll could join Arkadia. We are a European community and we speak many languages. Some even form their own group for easier communication.

We are looking for mayors, soldiers and craftsmen.

The community is nice, but not all our opponents like us. Lack of good negotiation skills I say, but I don't mind. Everybody will be forced by circumstances to negotiate when the game launches anyway.

I myself belong to the To'resk tribe, and we try to conquer the world with trade and hope to peacefully unite with our To'resk neighbors. Our PvP minded members are Janoan. They have other goals. We have room for everybody.

Click my signature, if you have questions.

11/3/2018 8:48:41 AM #2
11/3/2018 9:38:30 AM #3

Hello Tabloidjunky, and welcome (back) to CoE!

If you're looking for a mature and laidback duchy, you may wish to consider joining Anor in the Demalion Empire. I've sent you some more info in a PM.

Cheers, Alte

11/3/2018 9:38:32 AM #4

Hello and welcome!

Do you have any preference when it comes to the tribe you'd be playing, or the biome in which you'd be living? As of now, most kingdoms have made it clear which biomes they're going for, so if you have an idea of what you want it should make deciding simpler :) For example, as Ilyria pointed out, The Kingdom of Arkadia is aiming for To'resk and Janoa in the southernmost kingdom, while Demalion Empire (which I'm part of) is hoping for Brudvir, Hrothi and Neran in the north.

Perhaps even more important than the kingdom you choose is the duchy, as the world is so huge, most of your interactions in-game will be with the residents of the county and duchy you live in. So once you've acquainted yourself with the 5 kingdoms, take some time to browse through the duchies you can find in Selene Domains.

Here I will take the opportunity to shamelessly promote the duchy I'm part of, the Duchy of Anor in Demalion Empire. We're a friendly bunch of gamers from all around the world, and we're always looking for new members! The duchy is mainly PvE-focused with some light RP going on, but we multiple counties focused on different aspects of the game, so you'd surely be able to find the perfect spot to call home. We also have very knowledgeable players to help you with any questions you might have regarding Elyria.

No matter where you choose to settle, I'm sure you'll find a welcoming community. Best of luck in your search!

My Discord tag is DiCe#0396.

11/3/2018 12:46:18 PM #5

Hi TabloidJunky,

First off welcome back. Just in time for a major milestone. Are you looking for a specific playstyle? Or are you looking for a community to join?

If you want to get to know the different communities join their respective discords, people are always willing to help you.

Whatever you want, im sure the kingdom of Tryggr can find you a suitable place. We have established guilds in most of the major crafts. Drop by in our discord to get a feel of the community, experiencing our community is the best way.

Currently im also looking for barons and mayors to join my own county, which will be heavily focussed on crafting professions and will be home to the Sindri&Brokkr blacksmithing guild.

I dont have a county post up yet, but if you are interested let me know.

11/3/2018 3:26:47 PM #6

Heya Tabloidjunky

As far as I can tell, since you want to be a baron, you're most likely going to focus on pvp, and any of the 5 kingdoms are going to participate in pvp, so you can join whichever of the kingdom you like and be well off.

I would say visit each discord, ask the different people a few questions to find out if it's a place you like.

Any of the 5 kingdoms would be more than happy to have you as their citizen.

That said, since you want to be a baron I would probably contact the dukes as they're the ones giving out the baron titles, else you would be stuck mayor (if you get a town or above, in the first place.)

11/3/2018 5:57:10 PM #7

As a baron my characters will be militaristic, as leading by example is very important... But personally exploration and discovery will be a main focus...I prefer a harsh environment to temper my people.

Depending on how characters are structured I'll want to focus on combat with a secondardy crafting or trade.

High risk for high reward

11/3/2018 9:43:42 PM #8

If you're interested in militarism, please feel free to check out the Zabi Demesne. We're one of the primary military groups in Nirath.

As two duchies we have plenty of space for barons, and our 'regimental' ideals give barons a lot of options in how they want to organise their forces. We run ourselves as a stratocracy modelled on post-Clauswitzian Prussian lines so if you don't mind straying towards the side of the villains we can be of interest.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Coming Soon(tm)