COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
The empire

Hey guys looking for people or a group with the end goal of conquering the server, not asking for much just for some blood thirsty, chaos loving, backstabbing elyrians to unify all kingdoms and create the first empire, it's a long term goal requiring patience, brains, brawn and a bit of luck but with the right group achieving a first in elyrian and mmo history is a cause worthy of achievement. Send a message if interested.

Conquer all or die trying!!

11/3/2018 11:02:42 PM #1

When you come in Elyria the world is already conquered. No need to do that twice. Now, go away peasant!

11/3/2018 11:38:42 PM #2

A worthy goal.

<---- You will find what you seek if you go that way.

11/4/2018 12:26:46 AM #3

Posted By Ilyria at 7:02 PM - Sat Nov 03 2018

When you come in Elyria the world is already conquered. No need to do that twice. Now, go away peasant!

My fair countess i am but a humble baron in search of a worthy goal i pray we do cross paths in elyria, I'm eager to show you the similarities between a countess and a peasant

11/4/2018 12:41:39 AM #4

I see no way announcing your plan publicly could have negative repercussions.

11/4/2018 12:56:54 AM #5

Posted By Barleyman at 8:41 PM - Sat Nov 03 2018

I see no way announcing your plan publicly could have negative repercussions.

Haha It's more of a challenge this way.

11/4/2018 1:27:25 AM #6

A bandit king would be neat.

But, uh, you have a lot of work ahead of you.

11/4/2018 1:41:45 AM #7

Posted By Crysta at 9:27 PM - Sat Nov 03 2018

A bandit king would be neat.

But, uh, you have a lot of work ahead of you.

It's worth it.

11/4/2018 3:00:40 AM #8

Empires build by terror and bloodshed won't last long.
If you want to build an empire, make it worth it to be a part of the empire.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

11/4/2018 4:19:39 AM #9

I'm sure there's a king out there that would be kind enough to let Konungr settle on their land and amass an army whilst interfering with their trade.

11/4/2018 4:27:10 AM #10

The king doesn't even have to be kind enough. He or she just has to be unlucky enough to randomly provide a settlement.

11/4/2018 4:45:57 AM #11

If it's remote enough he might not even think twice about it, until it's too late!

11/4/2018 5:04:56 AM #12

If you plan to play CoE for many years, then absolutely, it's not an unrealistic goal, and I wish you luck. Before you make plans for an empire though, you must reach the rank of a King. As such I hope you realize CoE's political PvP is a rather social feature; to rise in social class and standing you will need real charisma and smarts, partaking in intrigue while avoiding controversy. Character attributes and a bunch of NPC soldiers don't cut it. And once you've gone up a rank, you'll be the new newbie with potential baggage depending on how you acquired the title... Sure, you can take various shortcuts like having your current domain declare its independence, but you will still have to ensure the domain you hold at that point is then large and powerful enough to withstand the backlash from the kingdom you separate yourself from.

Of course, you will probably also need an agenda that would unite the people behind you more than just your own selfish desire of becoming a world conqueror, this is not something you can do on your own. Either way, if you do got a greater goal for pursuing dominance, then I'd love to hear more.

Since you seemed to have settled on the idea of wanting to start out as a baron as every other average combat focused aristocrat I'm not really convinced about your ability to scheme though. Sure, you would secure founding for building your military forces, but you might have to deploy yourself in a vulnerable border region to justify it, and you would manage troops on behalf of the duke (their loyalty is not yours alone). It's not without its merits and benefits of course, but it doesn't mean you get an ideal location to create an impenetrable fortress city in a hard to reach location. Baronies exist out of need of security in that area, not because those locations are the most secure to begin with. Neither are they necessarily good economic hubs to finance your war machine. So keep your options open.

Now, I don't mean for you to get discouraged, just want to see you make a proper effort. A couple of my financial branches will depend on ambitious people such as yourself after all, whether they succeed or get crushed, hehe~

11/4/2018 5:27:14 AM #13

glhf

Join Now!

11/4/2018 8:23:53 AM #14

Posted By Konungr at 01:26 AM - Sun Nov 04 2018

Posted By Ilyria at 7:02 PM - Sat Nov 03 2018

My fair countess i am but a humble baron in search of a worthy goal i pray we do cross paths in elyria, I'm eager to show you the similarities between a countess and a peasant

You have my respect when you have your own county conquered. I don't think that you will succeed where many have failed. If you don't believe me, do a survey among Caesar. Ghengis Kahn, Alexander and others. They will reluctantly admit that it's impossible.

If you can show me that you are even remotely made of the right stuff to have a 1% shot at even starting that, by conquering a single Duchy or Kingdom, I personally will bow before you and pay you tribute and respect. Until than you are nothing but a homeless peasant to me.

11/4/2018 9:28:59 AM #15

You won't conquer the world via war because there will always been someone else that profits off your work and people that will want to stand up against you. But one thing you can always depend on is there is always someone unhappy somewhere. Loyalty sounds good and all but once someone is unhappy you don't even have to give them the dagger to stab someone in the back, just the chance to do it.