COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
To Uphold. The Autumn's teachings.
  • I am the One Leaf Heralds Autumn, he without a name, he with just one purpose. To educate and show you all the truth of the world of Elyria.

My name is inconsequential, my purpose is clear. I was born to luxury but I turned my back on these things when I saw what it was not. It was not life. I put my attention then to the heart of uncovering the meaning and purpose of living.

I am Autumn, the first to see, but not the last.

All Knights must Bleed. Blood is the Seal of our Devotion

11/5/2018 11:47:18 AM #1

This is my teaching. It is only for one thing, suffering and how to end it.

The first truth you must understand is this, All Suffer. Birth is suffering, decay is suffering, death is suffering; sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief, and despair are suffering. To be separated from the pleasant is suffering; to be in contact with the unpleasant is suffering; in short the five aggregates of existence connected with attachment are all suffering.

Secondly. The cause of Suffering is craving but at the root cause it is ignorance. The objects of craving are manifold: sensual pleasure, material possessions, glory, power, fame, ego, craving for re-birth, even craving for freedom from these things. There are various degrees of craving from a mild wish to an acute grasping. Craving is the proximate cause of suffering and is itself caused by other conditioning factors. The full formula of causation can be traced back, back to ignorance.

The Third Truth is the following. That the cause of suffering can be counteracted.

This is the key. Suffering is born of craving which itself is born from ignorance and so it can be ended. Your suffering can end.

11/5/2018 11:54:52 AM #2

So you can see clearer now, your path towards this can begin. These are the steps you must heed.

1. Understand. Realise the truth and it shall set you free.

II. Guard your thoughts. Control, cultivate and train your mind to withstand the cravings that pull at it. The right Intention is critical. Free of greed and lust, free from ill-will, free from cruelty.

III. Speak truthfully. Avoiding falsehood and adhering to the truth; abstaining from tale-bearing and instead promoting harmony; refraining from harsh language and cultivating gentle and courteous speech; avoiding vain, irresponsible and foolish talk, and speaking in reasoned terms on subjects of value.

To perform these is to achieve the effort of avoiding or overcoming evil and unwholesome things, and of developing and maintaining wholesome things. Developing a strong mind, able to resist the inconsequential for the real.

Mind is the forerunner of all states, mind-based and mind-made are they

If one speaks or acts with an evil mind

Suffering results, just as the wagon wheel follows the ox drawing it Similarly good thoughts lead to good actions.

11/5/2018 12:45:01 PM #3

Quoting Caspian on discord "Enlightenment is a goal for the Faedin primarily. Qindred seek to earn their place in Haven. The Virtori just suck it up and live with it. The Al'tifali just feel it's their duty to serve the Mother. And the Agnostic couldn't care either way."

Since the goal of your teachings seem to be enlightenment. I will hazard a guess and say that the closest religion in CoE that resembles your teachings would be Faedin.

You would do well to start a Faedin cult in-game.

11/6/2018 1:23:56 AM #4

Posted By Idioticmaddog at 11/5/2018 12:45:01 PM

Quoting Caspian on discord "Enlightenment is a goal for the Faedin primarily. Qindred seek to earn their place in Haven. The Virtori just suck it up and live with it. The Al'tifali just feel it's their duty to serve the Mother. And the Agnostic couldn't care either way."

Since the goal of your teachings seem to be enlightenment. I will hazard a guess and say that the closest religion in CoE that resembles your teachings would be Faedin.

You would do well to start a Faedin cult in-game.

My friend, the Autumn was once of the Faedin, but the truth is that no faith that lives in dogma may hold you back. ;)