COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Thank You Arkadia

I wanted to personally thank Arkadia for providing us a choice of maps.

I just finished reading the recently locked post about how map picking for round 1 was done for Selene:

>What happened on Round 1

>Here is a short recap for those who don't know what happened in round 1. 5 kingdoms entered negotations to talk which maps are most suitable for EU. After a while, Arkadia bailed out of the room (some drama included) and decided to vote how they see fit. 4 kingdoms stayed in negotations and decided to vote B. Before this was announced Arkadia had already voted C. Voting went on and during the last hour, Arkadia voted two uncontested maps to round 2, Q and P. Therefore we got B, L, C, Q and P as our options for round 2.

>Round 2

>Even if we can now see largest lakes and rivers etc, we are still choosing general guidelines how our server will start the game. It does matter which map we choose, each map will set the early steps of development differently. So try to keep your personal goals on the background for a while if possible."

I also want to point out something to everyone else still waiting to pick a map...

Do not listen to

>So try to keep your personal goals on the background for a while if possible.

That is ridiculous. Your personal goals should be first and foremost.

Vote your conscience. Don't let the group think sway you.

That is all.

11/8/2018 7:47:28 AM #1

I feel like this post wasn't needed. More so to bring up past drama. Could have easily enough gone into their discord to thank them. Almost like something else happened and you wanna bring that to light.

11/8/2018 8:03:16 AM #2

Posted By Gunnlang at 08:47 AM - Thu Nov 08 2018

I feel like this post wasn't needed. More so to bring up past drama. Could have easily enough gone into their discord to thank them. Almost like something else happened and you wanna bring that to light.

I think the point was that if Arkadia hasn't gone in their own direction and instead followed suit with whatever consensus was reached in regards to map B then Selene could have ended up with a much crappier selection of maps.

Thus the broader message I'm getting out of this is "think and act for yourself guys", which I suppose is a fair enough criticism of my fellow Eurodrones.

11/8/2018 8:09:20 AM #3

Posted By ShadowTani at 7:03 PM - Thu Nov 08 2018

I think the point was that if Arkadia hasn't gone in their own direction and instead followed suit with whatever consensus was reached in regards to map B then Selene could have ended up with a much crappier selection of maps.

Thus the broader message I'm getting out of this is "think and act for yourself guys", which I suppose is a fair enough criticism of my fellow Eurodrones.

Seems hard to prove it was only Arkadia that voted for different maps in the end. While sure they may have pushed towards them. Anyone could have in the end.

While also, not like it was only EU really voting for two maps. Most servers seemed so fixed on only caring about their top two. Not that I saw in the last 5ish hours how much that could have changed.

But then I would also find it hard to believe if people voted for maps, cause they were told to do so. While myself, am waiting to see how my community feels overall. Wouldn't vote for something that I don't personally like either. Who knows, maybe EU players are different.

11/8/2018 8:13:37 AM #4

As in many of the discussions concerning the map selection for Selene, also in this case conclusions are too easily jumped to. Other kingdoms also had multiple preferred maps to aim for ending in the Selene basket and there was a lot of last-minute shifting to ensure we ended up with something left to choose in Round 2, by multiple kingdoms.

I wholeheartedly agree with Gunnlangs first statement btw. Get it over with and move on. Today we live in the age of Round 2.

11/8/2018 8:21:18 AM #5

Past drama? It was only a week or two ago...

Past drama is present drama for many of us.

All I saw was a bunch of kingdoms coming together for 1 map, and 1 kingdom purposefully bringing other maps to the table as well as their favorite.

If arkadia didn't do what they did, the map I actually liked would have likely not made it in as a choice.

The only reason my post wouldn't be needed is if you aren't arkadia. I'm ok with that.

11/8/2018 8:31:18 AM #6

Posted By Gunnlang at 09:09 AM - Thu Nov 08 2018

Posted By ShadowTani at 7:03 PM - Thu Nov 08 2018

Who knows, maybe EU players are different.

Well, it's a cultural thing so it becomes subconscious for most. Willingness to compromise and desiring to reach a consensus makes a democracy more bearable for everyone, so it's not necessarily always a bad trait.

Either way, I was at least amused with the Americans that did notice and commented that Europe was voting like a machine, lol. And indeed, among all the servers, Europe was the one voting most consistently. Take from that as you will.

11/8/2018 8:56:36 AM #7

Thank you Arkadia?
For what they tried tricks to get what they wanted.

Now we are left with two maps that have the worst checkpoint\ bottleneck you can imagine.

All so they can control trade.

Vote L if you don`t want to be dirt on anyone's shoes.

11/8/2018 9:09:14 AM #8

How would they control trade if (from what has been rumored) they prefer a single bordered kingdom which would likely be the very bottom?

I do like L, as well.

I also really like the bottlenecks, especially in C, where the Waerd will be at the center of all...

Unless the king is a Waerd themself, It's likely the Waerd would be the most independent of all the tribes. They may be under a king's kingdom, but the Waerd are first and foremost, for the Waerd.

This fact combined with being very religiously neutral through the Two-Fold Queen and keeping the balance... makes them the most neutral of all.

It would be best for all kingdoms if the Waerd controlled the center...

11/8/2018 12:06:07 PM #9

Hello DPierre,

Take care, it's dangerous to support Arkadia officially, feel the mighty downvote xD

In anyway, i had fun while reading your post, thanks!

[Join Now!

Join Now!

11/8/2018 12:29:53 PM #10

Thanks DPierre for your kind words. It is Arkadia vs all and is a challenge that we are up for. We stand for what is right after all. We must give a nice gaming experience to all Arkadians and we will do it as best as we can. Getting the best Map with the best land for all. A land where all Arkadians will be protected from harm. A rich and prosperous land.

11/8/2018 12:31:30 PM #11

Posted By Watru at 09:56 AM - Thu Nov 08 2018

Thank you Arkadia?
For what they tried tricks to get what they wanted.

Now we are left with two maps that have the worst checkpoint\ bottleneck you can imagine.

All so they can control trade.

Vote L if you don`t want to be dirt on anyone's shoes.

lol look at B witch most of the EU(i think) voted for. dont just blame it on Arkadia.

What goes up must come down. Make something idiot-proof, and they will build a better idiot. If a plan is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid.

11/8/2018 1:22:34 PM #12

Posted By DPierre at

Do not listen to

>So try to keep your personal goals on the background for a while if possible.

That is ridiculous. Your personal goals should be first and foremost.

You don't seem to be part of a strong, nice Community. Otherwise, you would know why people vote with their Community and not by themselves. You either can reach a goal together with your community - and maybe need to put a part of your opinion in the background - or try it alone with no help and almost no chance of success. There are Reasons why our race lives in cities with thousands of citizens and organize us to such a great extent. It's work very well, it would not work if we are going to be alone. Egoism is not the way to the victory, but a willingness of compromise is it.

11/8/2018 1:29:04 PM #13

Though it is hard to prove it, I was there with them in the last minute strategy. While all of the other Kingdoms pushed map B far over the limit, Arkadia took it's own course. We pushed map C, because we liked that one. But map C was not enough. We decided that we needed a backup plan, and that was P and Q, because J was terrible in our own opinion. I personal tried to bump map F, but that failed.

Unlike many here may think, Arkadia doesn't force it's member to vote a certain map. We do what's best for the community as a whole, so I gave map F a shot. Guess what, I am not killed or kicked from the kingdom. Not a single bad word was said to me. I even told Darmky that I voted for F and failed. I am not sure, but I think he smirked :)

Thank you for your nice words, and don't let all the false information draw you away from your own plan. If you ever decide to play To'resk, you are always welcome in our multilingual community.

Ilyria Peace out!

11/8/2018 1:43:11 PM #14

I think it was right to vote in unicent in round one. but now, I think everyone should vote for what they want. I personally did so and yes, I do not like those bottle necks either but I think it is not as bad, as you think. since sea trade will be an option in the beginning, there is a big potential to found port cities that go around the bottle neck, sea mercenaries to protect the trade and entire fleets to secure the region in time of war.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/8/2018 1:53:45 PM #15

Thank you dpierre. I am in Arkadia simply because I have friends there, but as my account shows it, I do not actively participate in debates.

I think it is normal for each kingdom to think first of all about its own interests. Maybe raziel may have reacted too emotionally at some point, but then arkadia was logical and voted with the map they wanted. We cannot blame them for this, especially because (if I am not wrong) they voted very early on a specific map. It was visible and official.

What I didn't understand at all afterwards was the anti-arkadia war. The other kingdoms have tried to vote for a very unfavourable map for Arkadia. Why this hatred?

It's a game, people...