COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Can a Adventurer own land?

If I start off as plain Jane Adventurer can I as the title says? Can I become something more then just an Adventurer? Can I make a home for myself and later for other adventurers who are passing through. Maybe one day become a mayor of my own town if i build it up or something.

11/10/2018 4:13:50 AM #1

Yes.

The packages that give you stuff are only for those who want to start the game with that stuff.

11/10/2018 4:21:56 AM #2

Poldano gives a great summary, answer is definitely yes.

In fact it is expected that at some point the people that start as Kings/Dukes/Counts/Mayors will at some point be replaced by some upstart as they will all be coveted postions.

You can take over an existing town, you can build your own up slowly from a small hamlet, there are many options available.

The pledge packages are for people that want to support the game, or want to start with a specific role already in mind. But you could go from Elyrian to ruler of the whole continent after launch, at least in theory.

11/16/2018 7:27:28 AM #3

Posted By BigWolf at

If I start off as plain Jane Adventurer can I as the title says? Can I become something more then just an Adventurer? Can I make a home for myself and later for other adventurers who are passing through. Maybe one day become a mayor of my own town if i build it up or something.

To clarify the above....I'm pretty sure the count has to sell you the land for you to legally own it. There should be a way to view the available plots for sale. I'm sure you could also squat on land you don't own, but I wouldn't recommend that if you plan on building something permanent.

Edit: found this

Buying Land The Count will have a Land Management Table in a public County office that shows all parcels of land within the county. The Count, or a representative he appoints (a land manager) can go in, insert blank deeds obtained from a scribe, and then drag/drop them onto the parcels of land on the table and fill in the values.

Anyone can come look at the table, see the unclaimed parcels of land with the "deeds" pinned to them, sign their name, put any required money "into the table", and take the deeds. Poof! They've purchased the land.

Once you've purchased a plot of land, you own it and can legally build on it. And before anyone asks, yes you can re-sell your recently purchased land. You can even build a Land Management Table of your own that shows all the land you own and put it up for sale

11/16/2018 7:41:49 AM #4

Land that you probably want will be able to be bought from the count. Depending on how you bring in money, gives you options to what you can afford.

Everything you do can get you that much closer to your goal of awesome mayor-ship, though I don't know if an adventurer could bring in that much money to own that much incorporated land within a settlement unless you become a hamlet elder.

Remember, buy early, when land is cheap. Hedge your bets on how expensive it can become. :D