COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
electing officials

Now we know that people will start as counts, and up, and barons/mayors. there is one role i feel we should elect for each of our servers. We ought to elect a server Kirito. no rulers allowed, max package for elections is gentry, minimum is not paid yet but can message in the forums. Lets elect a kirito for each server everyone. For NA-E Server i elect DrunkOctopus

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

11/15/2018 1:13:33 AM #1

Why?

Besides, it surely runs afoul of copyrights.

11/15/2018 2:25:29 AM #2

I'm not even sure what you mean by elect a Kirito...

I'm sure it is an intriguing idea and I'm simply missing the point :D

11/15/2018 2:49:40 AM #3

What the hell is a Kirito?

11/15/2018 3:01:20 AM #4

Apparently, I've been nominated. Thanks piggy lmao https://steamcommunity.com/id/yottatako/

EDIT: Totally forgot my sig was set to that

Gee I hope I don't get hunted down for being a beta player like all those derps in Sword Art Online

11/15/2018 3:01:30 AM #5

Posted By Gunnlang at 6:49 PM - Wed Nov 14 2018

What the hell is a Kirito?

I think OP is a little confused on what the zeitgeist of 2018 is so they're using a niche term in front of a larger crowd.

The only Kirito I know is from an anime Sword Art Online. Even then, the meaning is still confusing since he wasn't elected anything in the anime...

I think the idea is cool. Electing only non-noble roles in leader positions. Would make for an interesting town.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

11/15/2018 3:02:47 AM #6

@Gunnlang https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7GCATOc6I8

That is a Kirito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onYSNgHbbW8

This is a Sword Art Online and also Kirito (Turn on English United Kingdom subtitles please. Lots of effort went into those)

Gee I hope I don't get hunted down for being a beta player like all those derps in Sword Art Online

11/15/2018 3:08:41 AM #7

Bahaha, who is downvoting people for asking what a Kirito is.

I have seen SAO. Personally a fan.

What does it mean to Elect a Kirito? What does this entail, why on earth would we do this, why on earth would someone want to be an elected Kirito?

11/15/2018 3:09:16 AM #8

Not a great series, but I watch this stuff to cringe and see action anyway EDIT: I'm a huge fan of it all the same

11/15/2018 3:14:10 AM #9

The idea of the strongest player or soul having a unique skill that negatively affects their ability to work in a team might add a unique element to the game. Not that it is good to force players into a playstyle, but gamers are resilient enough to put up with it especially if they are strong enough to get a "K/DR" of maybe 180. Or you could have an aesthetic appeal to becoming the strongest player. It could be a skill that makes your shield glow if it is made of bog iron or a lunar crest. (Idea time!)

11/15/2018 4:02:21 AM #10

Why would we want to elect someone to be the most basic of anime edgelords? Sounds like a terrible idea.

11/15/2018 4:56:47 AM #11

There is a subset of the community that wants no backer funded store influence. If they have to expand the US for server load expect it then. Don't expect it when they are still trying to make money from the store.

11/15/2018 5:06:12 AM #12

Posted By Darkathenes at 2:02 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

That is a Kirito

So a jedi? I'm still very confused...

Posted By Darkathenes at 2:14 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

The idea of the strongest player or soul having a unique skill that negatively affects their ability to work in a team might add a unique element to the game. Not that it is good to force players into a playstyle, but gamers are resilient enough to put up with it especially if they are strong enough to get a "K/DR" of maybe 180.

What...? So a role that punishes a player? To work with a team, in an MMO..

Yeah you lost me even more.

11/15/2018 6:14:41 AM #13

Posted By Gunnlang at 12:06 AM - Thu Nov 15 2018

Posted By Darkathenes at 2:02 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

That is a Kirito

So a jedi? I'm still very confused...

Posted By Darkathenes at 2:14 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

The idea of the strongest player or soul having a unique skill that negatively affects their ability to work in a team might add a unique element to the game. Not that it is good to force players into a playstyle, but gamers are resilient enough to put up with it especially if they are strong enough to get a "K/DR" of maybe 180.

What...? So a role that punishes a player? To work with a team, in an MMO..

Yeah you lost me even more.

Krito, beta tested the game in an anime called sword art online. That beta test lasted a while, he learned how to min max, and how to be very efficient in getting to the higher levels faster than other people. Essentially, He is a power fantasy for gamers that have been through beta testing phases of an MMORPG and learned the ropes ahead of people. Where reality collapses though is that he actually was the few people that took it as an advantage.

In that anime/manga people called those that tested the game before launch as a "beater". So basically everyone was pissed off that they exist and their advantage they envied. Because they are the ones that seemingly progress the fastest. In a game where you're trapped and people think the only way to get out of the game, or log off is beating it.

So he had an advantage that not many other players did. And He was also the most proficient with that said advantage so he was even stronger than the others that where in the closed beta before the game took all the players prisoner.

This is also the same anime that Laughing Coffin came from. They where player killers and are marked red. Killing a player in that universe meant they died in real life.

So basically this guy wants to have players elect ONE person that doesn't actually have to grind, but has all the statistical advantage in his favor I guess. Or, the way I took it by glancing at elect kirito, having the players that played in alpha in betas be the only advantage, I didn't have it sink in about old souls or other things he suggested at the same time as having a server that people can't pour money into to have an advantage over other players.

I am not in favor of making a campaign for people to elect a statistically higher powered character.

However I am in favor of a server where none but NPCs have leadership positions at first.

Oh after watching those videos he posted, neither helped you out. The Gun Gale Online is the 3rd season where the first 2 "campaign" stats carried over in to the 3rd game he's in. (Which was to me the worst one) Aparently there was a spin off last season, and now this season of anime is a new continuation. Think of him as a no lifer that is actually skilled at the game, and played the game sense alpha. prior to anyone being imprisoned in the game looking for a way to log off.

11/15/2018 1:35:49 PM #14

Actually i thought it might be fun to elect the edgelord of a server for funzies. Just put out who is the edgy/cringelord. Its for fun, sorry for those who thought i wanted people to have an advantage without working hard.

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

11/15/2018 2:45:56 PM #15

if there will be elected leaders, this will be the result of ingame poltics and revolution. I mean, if you want to use your duke title to create a merchant republic, go for it. but you forget the talent system. the game will have people with unique abilites. there is just no point in doing, what you suggest.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR