COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Catch Up?

I read and found Chronicles of Elyria a long time ago and was very intrigued by the concept of it, an mmo like this is a huge game changer for this genre and mmo players like me, however at the time it was still a very early concept so I put a pin on it but went off to play other games etc etc.

Now, I come back as a bit of check in and I'm very intrigued by everything that Soulbound has accomplished so far. I really want to become involved in the community and build up my character and be a very active player in this world when it's released. However, catching up on everything that has been accomplished feels as if its a near impossible thing to do, so I'm asking for help I guess for a type of "catch up" guide, or really separate guides on the different categories that I can read and catch up with.

What I want to know is- - ALL the lore (i'm pretty sure there was a fanmade website for the lore that was made a long time ago but I can't remember what it was called and if its still up) - Professions/concept/how they work - The structure of kingdoms and how those function - Are pledge packages worth buying NOW? (I'm known to be trigger happy with my money especially with MMOs, and I guess my point is, is it worth taking the risk of spending money on the packages when I don't know if this game will end up delivering it's promises or end up like how No Man's Sky did)

I'm really REALLY looking forward to this concept of an mmo finally being created, but I also know that creating mmos are really hard, and creating GOOD mmos are really hard to pull off. So I just want to learn more about it, and be more invested in the world and how the game will function.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools speak because they have to say something." Plato

11/15/2018 6:40:25 PM #1

Theres a LOT, but first welcome back.

I'm ill equipped to discuss everything, but since April of 2017 we have had a couple major community events and lore events.

• There was the Free Kingdom Event which saw the establishment of a new kingdom in Luna (North American East)
  • There was the searing plague event which saw the community wage against an encroaching disease
  • There were several holiday themed lore events
  • We are currently engaged in Map Selection, choosing the starting continent for each server.

I'm skimming a lot, in the hopes others will fill in the gaps, but the amount of lore and community participation has been quite high.

11/15/2018 8:52:19 PM #2

As for being trigger happy, I'd wait until black friday roles around if you're considering a package. If you are serious about playing, then yes, yes the packages are worth it regardless of the package level. I for one have a mayor package but plan on upgrading to count if it's available and the price is right.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

11/15/2018 11:07:10 PM #3

Asking for a "catch me up on everything post" is just not viable.

I have been toying with the idea of setting up a where we are at post and trying to cram everything into it but it would need to be very thorough including what used to be true and what small changes may have happened.

I say just start looking into things.

Best tool I learned about was how to search the forums and dev journals.

site:https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/ (key words)  

That will search the forums using google.

site:https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/ (key words)

That will search the Developer journals.

Edit to add example.

site:https//chroniclesofelyria.com/forum Animal Husbandry  

This will search the forums, via google, looking for the words Animal and Husbandry

Just dive straight in. Check out this post from Elbereth to find some places to start and if you have specific questions use the search function.

Do know that some information inevitably gets outdated so another good way to learn is start reading the Dev Journals from newest back.

Good luck!

11/16/2018 4:03:47 AM #4

Ok thank you!!!

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools speak because they have to say something." Plato

11/16/2018 7:53:31 AM #5

If you mean the page Elyria.de the unfortunately was closed. Since the DSGVO requirement was simply too extensive.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/17/2018 8:43:47 PM #6

I would recommend the wiki

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

11/18/2018 4:49:10 AM #7

For those interested in a well establish guild check us out https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18091/nae-the-brotherhood-of-the-fallen-blade

11/18/2018 6:30:29 AM #8

Posted By LeoluchResenMikado at 05:49 AM - Sun Nov 18 2018

For those interested in a well establish guild check us out https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18091/nae-the-brotherhood-of-the-fallen-blade

How can such a guild be 'a well established guild'? I'll explain my teasing question below.

To the first poster in this thread:

Guilds in Elyria are defined in the original, medieval sense. Not in the way that has become the default definition for groups of players banding together to form ooc managed organizations that cover more than a trade or related group of trades. The guild referred to in the preceding post can certainly be considered 'well established' based on that default, non-Elyrian, definition. It can however be considered a potential threat to any Elyrian local government to have such powerful, much encompassing guilds around, with military objectives and even civic internal institutions. Their objectives and span of control can interfere in a very significant and undesirable way with the local civic rule, and in case of the example here, of local military rule. Therefore I highly question the viability of guilds based on such principles within the Elyrian civic society. Going by earthly history, such guilds may end up infiltrating and eventually overtaking local rule. Elyrian rulers better be very careful.

11/18/2018 8:42:01 AM #9

Posted By AlteOgre at 9:30 PM - Sat Nov 17 2018

Posted By LeoluchResenMikado at 05:49 AM - Sun Nov 18 2018

How can such a guild be 'a well established guild'? I'll explain my teasing question below.

To the first poster in this thread:

Guilds in Elyria are defined in the original, medieval sense. Not in the way that has become the default definition for groups of players banding together to form ooc managed organizations that cover more than a trade or related group of trades. The guild referred to in the preceding post can certainly be considered 'well established' based on that default, non-Elyrian, definition. It can however be considered a potential threat to any Elyrian local government to have such powerful, much encompassing guilds around, with military objectives and even civic internal institutions. Their objectives and span of control can interfere in a very significant and undesirable way with the local civic rule, and in case of the example here, of local military rule. Therefore I highly question the viability of guilds based on such principles within the Elyrian civic society. Going by earthly history, such guilds may end up infiltrating and eventually overtaking local rule. Elyrian rulers better be very careful.

I am part of an organized group. We plan to have a at least a base association or guild, depending on how they are actually implemented in the game. Despite the game not being out in any regards, we are still very organized and often more organized than other factions we have come across (including many kingdoms). We may have come together under CoE but we have certainly expanded and talk about a variety of topics, bringing all of our fields of experience and perspective into conversations.

11/18/2018 11:26:27 AM #10

Posted By Hakeem the Dreamcrafter at 09:42 AM - Sun Nov 18 2018

I am part of an organized group. We plan to have a at least a base association or guild, depending on how they are actually implemented in the game. Despite the game not being out in any regards, we are still very organized and often more organized than other factions we have come across (including many kingdoms). We may have come together under CoE but we have certainly expanded and talk about a variety of topics, bringing all of our fields of experience and perspective into conversations.

Well, that is nice. What is your point?