COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Character create/delete question

This is going to be part question part statement. I'm trying to figure out some details on the basics of the game.

Standard MMO: pay monthly fee for say 3 chc slots. I can make a chc try it out for a bit if I don't like it I can delete the chc and I still have the 3 slots available. I can have any combo to play or delete as I wish only one chc playing at a time until game time runs out I pay again.

CoE: By a spark of life that includes 3 souls (Question) Are souls equivilent to chc slots? (Question) Can I have 3 different chc on 3 different servers? Of course only one can be played at a time. (Question) Say I make a Brudvir and dont like that chc can I delete it and still have 3 souls available? Or is it one chc per Spark period? If thats the case can I delete that one chc and start over whenever I want till my spark of life runs out? Hope this makes sense.

Divide et Impera

11/16/2018 2:30:23 AM #1

(Question) Are souls equivilent to chc slots?

Yes. Your character dies -- and then the soul passes on and you can spark it into a new character.

(Question) Can I have 3 different chc on 3 different servers? Of course only one can be played at a time.

We currently don't know how many can be played at a time. But it has been confirmed that we can buy soul packs that are locked to other specific servers (your first 3 souls on your account that come with your package will be locked to the server you pick during server selection which is coming up soon)

(Question) Say I make a Brudvir and dont like that chc can I delete it and still have 3 souls available? Or is it one chc per Spark period? If thats the case can I delete that one chc and start over whenever I want till my spark of life runs out? Hope this makes sense.

You can't delete characters, you can try to kill it off -- but then you'd require another spark to spawn into a new character, so you'd be wasting a spark. I think that answers all of your questions if you have more feel free to ask!

11/16/2018 5:54:28 AM #2

Thanks that kind of answers my questions. Sounds like there will be no experimenting to determine what Tribe suits your play style best. Get all the info you can before you make your chc then hope for the best because it cant be deleted and remade without buying a new spark?

Divide et Impera

11/16/2018 6:03:40 AM #3

Posted By Focii at 9:54 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

Thanks that kind of answers my questions. Sounds like there will be no experimenting to determine what Tribe suits your play style best. Get all the info you can before you make your chc then hope for the best because it cant be deleted and remade without buying a new spark?

Right. That spark is that life, you remove that life and you need a new spark.

As far as experimenting, if you ever get access to any alphas or betas (I have seen some community events awarding pledge packages you could try if you didn't want to purchase) that would be a good time to experiment.

Short of this, I would simply say, your tribe doesn't matter! I may end up in a desert as a Sun-shy Dras at the rate we are going, and that's just one more challenge I will gladly face.

That and you can always pick Neran. They are literally the jack of all trades in this game and could exist anywhere with any profession.

11/16/2018 6:06:22 AM #4

Thanks Violet and Labbe for the quick responses. Reading and asking questions is how I learn. I try to never assume. Looking forward to testing starting

Divide et Impera

11/16/2018 6:08:15 AM #5

Posted By Focii at 7:54 PM - Thu Nov 15 2018

You May not be able to experiment in CoE but you might be able to in Prelyria and KoE. Those might give you a better understanding of which tribes fit your play style.

11/16/2018 6:34:22 AM #6

Please keep in mind that there will be a way to experiment tribes and what you want to do! It may not be to the full extent of the game, however, Prologue will be available around launch and I believe it was said persistent after launch to be able to test and try the game out as well as the tribes for free. It'll be available single player with the possibility of there being an addon to play with friends (limited) and it would be local hosting

So there is ways to try the game out, just not currently!

11/16/2018 7:43:15 AM #7

What would you like to do? Maybe we can assist you in your decision.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/16/2018 3:30:43 PM #8

Androlus, Thanks still learning about the game. I pretty much have it narrowed down to one of 12 tribes :D

Violet, Totally forgot about Prologue thanks. Beta's would work as well.

Divide et Impera