COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
World Reset

I feel like I read somewhere that the servers are going to be reset once the game is fully launched, is this true or am I just a crazy person?

Ashfire Breeding Co. The best mounts and pets from the County of Attoric located in the duchy of Acrium! Director of Animal Husbandry for the duchy of Acrium. Proud member of the Solaris Confederation! -Kai Ashfire

11/19/2018 12:17:20 PM #1

There will be no reset of the world after launch of Exposition.

11/19/2018 12:18:31 PM #2

Any characters and similar won't carry over to launch from the Alpha and Beta phases, which is normal practice. Certain things from the Kingdom of Elyria experience may carry over however, for historic purposes. Additionally, the pre-launch experience, exposition, won't be reset.

11/20/2018 8:19:11 PM #3

Your character will be reset to 0, but your farm stays, however, but the animals die for reasons of age in the time that will not be reset. The expo is meant to build an infrastructure but you should be on the same level as the players who do not play the expo.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/20/2018 9:17:13 PM #4

Posted By Androlus at 12:19 PM - Tue Nov 20 2018

Your character will be reset to 0, but your farm stays, however, but the animals die for reasons of age in the time that will not be reset. The expo is meant to build an infrastructure but you should be on the same level as the players who do not play the expo.

Source?

11/20/2018 9:25:44 PM #5

Posted By Androlus at 1:19 PM - Tue Nov 20 2018

This is completely incorrect. Everything during Exposition lasts through launch.

Some things of Kingdoms of Elyria, Lasts through launch.

Nothing of any testing (alpha/beta/pre-elyria) lasts through, it is all reset.

Please be sure that you know the facts before posting an answer in new player questions so that false information is not being spread.

11/20/2018 10:04:44 PM #6

If everything gets reset that happens to our stuff we got from out founders pack and ep bought items?

11/20/2018 10:07:57 PM #7

Posted By graytoni at 4:04 PM - Tue Nov 20 2018

If everything gets reset that happens to our stuff we got from out founders pack and ep bought items?

Those are not delivered during alpha/beta and therefore won't be lost during the resets

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

11/22/2018 11:05:46 AM #8

Posted By Ravenlute at 10:17 PM - Tue Nov 20 2018

Source?

https://www.avaland.eu/de/spielinfo/exposition

Exposition (Frühstart) Die Exposition, ist eine drei monatige, dem Release voraus genende Phase des Spiels, an der alle Spieler mit mind. Kickstarter Tier "Bloodline" (120 USD) teilnehmen können. Aber auch alle anderen Spieler, die mehr als 1.200 Einfluss und gleichzeitig mind. 100 freie Influnce Points (IP) zum Ausgeben besitzen, bekommen einen garantierten Zugang zur Exposition. Ob man bereits im ersten, im zweiten, oder erst im dritten Monat in die Exposition kommt, richtet sich in diesem Fall jedoch nach der Höhe des Einflusses.

Die Exposition dient dafür, die Welt rechtzeitig zum Release aufzubauen. So errichten Spieler während der Exposition Häuser, Straßen, Werkstätten, Famen, Dörfer, Städte und Burgen, damit für die Spieler zum Release genügend Wohnraum und Nahrung zur Verfügung steht. Ebenso entstehen erste Handwerks Gilden und Schulen, in denen die neuen Spieler zum Release ihre Ausbildung beginnen können. Auch erste Konflikte und Kriege werden sich anbahnen, so dass Spieler zum Release auf eine lebendige Welt treffen.

Die drei Phasen der Exposition

Phase #1 Während des ersten Monats der Exposition wird es kein unfreiwilliges PvP geben. Sparring zum Erlernen und Trainieren von Skills sowie Duelle zum Spaß, sind jedoch erlaubt. Ebenso wird es keine Verbrechen geben, also kein Einbruch, Diebstahl usw.

Phase #2 Während des zweiten Monats wird es möglich sein die meisten Verbrechen zu begehen. Ebenso können Spieler im PvP bewusstlos geschlagen werden. Coupe de Graces sind jedoch weiterhin hin nicht möglich, ebenso wenig wie das rauben / looten von Equipment (Ausrüstung), oder das Belagern von Siedlungen.

Phase #3 Während des dritten Monats fallen schließlich alle Schranken. Etwa zwei bis drei Wochen vor Release, je nach Zustand der jeweiligen Welt, wird "Free for All / Open World / Full Loot" PvP auf den Servern freigegeben.

These are also the operators of the official German fan site of Elyria.de They have translated the texts only in German where those who have her will be from SbS. I do not know when they translated that! And if there is farming in the exposition built up from our money it is illogical if they destroy everything again and in my text as well as the text of the theme creator is nothing of alpha or beta. I assume that the exposure means. And after the German translation my text is correct and you want to put me here only bad. Otherwise, I want to swell from you now prove the opposite. All those who write something and think they are right should show sources, but those who put them down as liars never prove it with sources.

The source is the original German text google falsifies the translation, so I have adopted the German text.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/22/2018 11:23:00 AM #9

Posted By Androlus at 11:05 AM - Thu Nov 22 2018

These are also the operators of the official German fan site of Elyria.de They have translated the texts only in German where those who have her will be from SbS. I do not know when they translated that! And if there is farming in the exposition built up from our money it is illogical if they destroy everything again and in my text as well as the text of the theme creator is nothing of alpha or beta. I assume that the exposure means. And after the German translation my text is correct and you want to put me here only bad. Otherwise, I want to swell from you now prove the opposite. All those who write something and think they are right should show sources, but those who put them down as liars never prove it with sources.

The source is the original German text google falsifies the translation, so I have adopted the German text.

Androlus your message reads like you are using an online translator, or it might be that you do not know english that well yet, so what you put to start with may sound right to you, but it is wrong I am afraid.

Characters do not reset to 0 after Expo ends. Characters age from the moment they spawn into the world

Also there are no special rules about farming for Expo, it is the same as every other feature in the game, once it appears in the world, it starts and is usable.

11/22/2018 11:58:13 AM #10

Caspian 4/21/2018

Our Alphas and Betas do not persist to launch, and are on procedurally generates worlds completely separate from the final maps. As well, your pledge packages generally mean nothing in Alpha/Beta. We select/appoint/assign aristocracy/nobility as necessary to test stuff.

Caspian 04/01/2018

My latest pin has the most recent relevant info. KoE will be discussed more in-depth as we get closer. Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta, and Stress Test are not persistent. Exposition and KoE are both type of soft-launch and are both fully or partially persistent.

Caspian 10/26/2017

Alpha and Beta are never persistent. KoE is persistent, as is Exposition.

During testing phases everything that takes place is done on a completely separate/different map than what we voted for. Everything done during those times is reset to zero.

During KoE some of the things done during that time will (persist) through to launch because you are playing your ancestors and building the history of the server.

During exposition everything will (persist) through to launch and nothing will be wiped unless there is a big game breaking bug that occurs during that time that requires some sort of fix.

Persist/persistent definition: continuing to exist or endure over a prolonged period.

Persist/persistent synonyms: continue, constant, nonstop.

I hope that my proof is able to clarify it better for you. The translation causing the word “exposure” is for “exposition”. I’m not sure why it is translating it that way.

11/22/2018 1:20:45 PM #11

VioletWinterlynn Yes, he has just read in my proof that the talents are set back (not the age) and that the environment remains. Thanks for the clarification.

11/22/2018 2:49:02 PM #12

Just for my two cents worth, anything in testing is wiped. Alpha and Beta testing will be done on special maps just for testing the mechanics of the game and you do not get to use your pledge stuff in the testing phases. This is Alpha, Beta, and any stress tests. for the Kingdom or Elyria (KoE) phase we are playing our ancestors, no pledge stuff here either. This will set up for the exposition. None of these characters will carry over but the history they set up will. This can allow races not normally found in a area to migrate there to be playable at launch or in exposition. Once exposition starts you get your pledge stuff and set up in your settlement. we have 3 months to get settled in and have the settlements a going concern. During this time we figure what quests we are going to offer the new players coming in at launch. At launch nothing is wiped, Those that played in exposition now fill the slots that the NPC quest givers fill in a more traditional MMO. We will be the ones giving the quests and teaching the new players about the game and its history. Hope this helps.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

11/22/2018 3:24:41 PM #13

Posted By Androlus at 1:20 PM - Thu Nov 22 2018

VioletWinterlynn Yes, he has just read in my proof that the talents are set back (not the age) and that the environment remains. Thanks for the clarification.

The talents (I assume you mean skills since talents are a specific, separate thing in CoE) are not reset at the end of exposition. Your character, their skills, reputation, remaining spirit, possessions etc all carry over to launch. The only difference is that at launch people who haven't pledged or are below bloodline pledge level can join the game.

11/22/2018 5:31:03 PM #14

Posted By Androlus at 12:05 PM - Thu Nov 22 2018

Posted By Ravenlute at 10:17 PM - Tue Nov 20 2018

Source?

https://www.avaland.eu/de/spielinfo/exposition

Just to make it clear, because avaland.eu is my website. The german text never mentioned a server, character, stats, talents or what so ever wipe at all.

google translation at best :joy:

Alt text - can be left blank

11/22/2018 6:13:01 PM #15

Posted By Androlus at 06:20 AM - Thu Nov 22 2018

No. Stats talents age everything during exposition carries over.