COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Aristocracy Pledge Packages

I have a pledge package at the 'Mayor' level and am wondering what to expect during domain selection and whether to upgrade my package.

Is it the case that all three Aristocracy-level packages give the same Mayor/Baron level title (differing only in EP and housing and other perks)? So the title is the same but they would have different levels of Influence for order of selection?

Also, it would appear that all Count-level and above packages are no longer available and any such higher level titles would have to be gained in-game?

Speak 'Friend' and enter: C38E5E

11/19/2018 8:14:37 PM #1

Posted By Byrcha at

I have a pledge package at the 'Mayor' level and am wondering what to expect during domain selection and whether to upgrade my package.

Is it the case that all three Aristocracy-level packages give the same Mayor/Baron level title (differing only in EP and housing and other perks)? So the title is the same but they would have different levels of Influence for order of selection?

Yes this is absolutely true but, correct me if I'm wrong, your total influence determines the order of selection, not just the level of the package you have.

Also, it would appear that all Count-level and above packages are no longer available and any such higher level titles would have to be gained in-game?

Currently they are not available. I think SBS is waiting until after Server Selection so they can assess how many of the higher tiers there are per server. So maybe they will come back on a server by server basis? idk but it would make sense, IMO.

Hope it helps...

11/19/2018 8:16:26 PM #2

Posted By Byrcha at

The specifics have Domain and Settlement Selection haven't been spelled out for us yet but I can answer your other questions.

1. Yes Mayor, Magistrate, and Governor pledges are all simply Mayors/Barons. The difference being bonus stuff like additional Crests and Sigils to choose from, villa/mansion to govern from, and other things like naming locations in game. They are, however, the same title.

2. Yes, unless they bring back the higher tier titles, or do promotional events that award them, you would have to earn them in game.

Upgrading your package or not depends entirely on your goals, and whether or not the small add ons, and bonus influence, would be worth the cost.

11/19/2018 8:23:35 PM #3

Thanks. Still trying to get all of this clear.

Another related clarification: Is it true that all characters that are Barons are also Mayors (like a dual title), but NOT all Mayors are Barons? It sounds from some things I've read that there will sometimes be Barons and Mayors in the same town/city, but not always -- with Barons being assigned based on military needs and Mayors on civilian needs. Currently I am leaning towards being a civic-minded Mayor, but am wondering whether a town/city-based Barony would also fit (assuming any such locations are still available when I select).

Speak 'Friend' and enter: C38E5E

11/19/2018 8:26:30 PM #4

Kingdom and Land Management

Mayors vs. Barons

Hamlets, Villages, Towns, etc. each have a military counterpart. These military counterparts work much the same, except they are defensive structures, typically smaller, and are paid for by the Dukes, rather than requiring payment in the form of taxes to the Count. These are currently referred to as Outposts, Forts, Keeps, Strongholds, and Castles.

Like their civilian counterparts, they require the introduction of different buildings such as Lookouts, Barracks, Ramparts, etc. The leaders of Keeps, Strongholds, and Castles are, as you might have guessed, Barons instead of Mayors/Magistrates. Beyond that, the functions of the military structures are much the same as their counterparts.

Like a hamlet, outpost can be built anywhere. Same with a fort in comparison with a village. When you go beyond that, you sign a contract with the Duke that guarantees you resources in exchange for building certain structures, keeping a minimum number of people residing there, etc.

That said, civilian establishments can have military structures as well for defense. Nothing prevents you from building those things. It’s just that lacking a contract between the Duke and a settlement leader, requires it to remain a civilian settlement

TLDR

Barons are Mayors who contract with the Duke in order to maintain a military presence and certain defensive structures.

11/22/2018 1:51:06 AM #5

This was really helpful thx

-TheRiseOfChaos