COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Old school vet looking for a home

I admit to have only been lightly following the development of this game. However, lately it has really peaked my interest. I do believe this could possibly turn out to be the game i have been waiting for since Everquest ran its course. I show my age but i did play EQ1 since launch and still consider it to be one of the greatest games ever created.

I am in search of a place to call home. It would be great to join a large family of people that will be dedicated to this game. I have not yet purchased a preorder package but I am ready to do so and will get whatever it takes to best contribute.

If anyone is out there that can point me to the right people to talk to I would greatly appreciate it.

Lomax

11/20/2018 5:46:17 PM #1

I recommend the following.

A. Decide your server.

B. Decide your tribes.

C. Look at the kingdoms with those tribes.

D. Determine if they fit what your looking for.

E. Repeat from B until satisfied.

To help with B information on all Tribes

If you know what server your looking at, I can give some more specific advice.

11/20/2018 5:54:12 PM #2
11/20/2018 5:54:28 PM #3

Lomax, choosing a home is an important decision. Often the first place to start is choosing your server. Then deciding what you want to do in the game. If tribe is important you can make that part of your criteria as Kyxsune suggested, or if there is a type of activity you prefer to do(PvP, crafting, exploring, etc.) that might influence you. If your just looking for a group of people then I suggest looking at the Kingdom info for the server you would like to play on. Join the discords for the various Kingdoms and see what clicks.

11/20/2018 5:55:34 PM #4

Kyxsune's advice is pretty spot on. You may want to look into getting on discord when you make some of those decisions.

Welcome to the party, EQ1 was fantastic game. I'm an Ultima Online dinosaur LOL.

Alt text - can be left blank

11/20/2018 6:09:01 PM #5

Thank you all so much. A lot to read over here so I can make the best choice. I very much appreciate this!

11/20/2018 6:10:02 PM #6

The three answers above me pretty much cover everything.

Kyxsune's approach will be a lot more viable once Domain and Settlement Selection comes and passes.

Ilyria has given you all the links for the starting points in all the Kingdoms.

Kambien has given you an alternate approach of picking community first, and then tribe.

My 2 cents
I would pick the community first and then worry about the tribe selection. For me anyway, what is going to keep me engaged with the game is the community I am part of.

If I had picked based on tribe preferences then I wouldn't even be in the same Kingdom, let alone the County I am in. Frankly I would be less active in the forums, and less looking forward to the game. Users preference though of course :P

11/20/2018 6:14:35 PM #7

It really depends on what you value more. Do you want a certain tribe or type of game play? Then I would do server then tribe then community.

If you play more for social reasons then just search for a community you enjoy and fit into whatever server/tribe they are in :)

11/23/2018 7:02:19 PM #8

Arkadia is the biggest community in EU 🇪🇺 Selene. Join us in our Discord and get to know us......

11/23/2018 8:24:24 PM #9

What server you planning on playing on?

I am part of Nirath and based in the Order of the Black Fangs counties as an independent village/town.

11/23/2018 10:40:10 PM #10

If you plan on joining NA-E, send me a PM and I'll sell you on a community. ^_^ (Little envelope under the name!)

The Akashic Records

3/24/2019 7:39:44 PM #11

Howdy one and all.

If your still looking for a home take a look at the

Luna (NA-E):server, Kingdom of Alésia

Dutchie of Vitalis

Are you looking to be a adventurer, farmer or a store-keep too soldier maybe looking to be a mayor. able bodied seaman or of noble blood- looking to be a ships captain for trade and naval warfare.

look no further.

the County of ALEXANDROS is looking for a few good men and woman to fill the ranks.

VITALIS ..........https://discord.gg/vSWrea ask for duke Jon_Warren