COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
First Steps For A New Player

Hello All,

I am new to COE and as such, feel like there seems to be a massive amount of history and information surrounding this game that I am late to/have already missed. My hope is to get integrated in the community, and I am unsure of where to start. Help me to see what the first steps for a new player should be. What are the important things to know and understand here and now.

I have read almost everything I can find about in game mechanics (skills, combat, etc.), but realized that there is a thriving community here in the forums that I want to learn from and be a part of. Where do I begin?

I appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

11/20/2018 6:25:00 PM #1

Well if you know which server you are going to play on then there are several forum subsections listing the Kingdoms and organizations available on each server.

It would help if you have an idea as well of what it is you want to do in game for more specific advice and don't worry about "missing out", plenty of time to catch up still.

11/20/2018 6:28:06 PM #2

Hey,

this is a difficult Question because there is no real System to check the most important thinks.

Probably ist helpful to read some Developer Journals... but some are outdated… Maybe the best would be do join discord and bomb you Questions over there.

In my opinion its impossible to go through the Forum without missing the most excited stuff.

I would recommend to just stay informed till now - because there is not a single game mechanic set in Stone yet. Its just a first thought in most situations.

So... ask here… ask on discord… i think the community is really helpful and friendly.

Good luck to you.

Alt text - can be left blank

11/20/2018 6:32:20 PM #3

This topic was recently brought up, and a good answer for starting links was provided by Ilyria here.

I suggest reading the other answers too as they offer suggestions of how and where to start.

Best of luck, and welcome to CoE

11/20/2018 6:38:27 PM #4

Welcome to COE!

11/20/2018 7:42:26 PM #5

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information! Loving this community!