COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Must have for towns?

Hey, if i like to pledge for a mayor or something like this....

What structure do you think is nessecary for any town?

I mean... i need guards. Workstations Eating ... what else?

C-eye

11/21/2018 10:54:01 AM #1

A church, maybe. But you should talk to the count. Sometimes counts can help you out with the expensive stuff. You probably just have to designate space to shops, houses, and a well every now and than. Make your town look good :)

Depending on your location, you may need a small harbor. But I recommend the Mayor package when it's for sale. It contains good stuff for a beginning mayor.

11/21/2018 3:10:21 PM #2

You're also not starting from scratch. Every settlement in game will be established already, not just a bare plot of land. That means that structures and NPC's will already be in place.

11/21/2018 3:14:39 PM #3
  • Water
  • Food
  • Shelter
  • Infrastructure
  • Defense/Security
  • Means of production

But Raven's right, you will get most of this by default, except maybe the defenses. What you'll likely want to assess is whether or not you're willing to take on the responsibility of managing a domain and doing the gruntwork, unless you can find someone else to delegate tasks to.

I'd wait until you can see what you have to work with before committing to any big decisions/purchases, though I'm aware that SBS probably wants you to spend money.

11/21/2018 4:34:07 PM #4

Gotta agree with Ravenlute.

You aren't going to start with the skeleton of a settlement, you are going to start with a settlement.

I think the question you should ask is what do you Want for your settlement.

Make sure you hit all the basic needs Crysta hit and then double down on your personal goals for your settlement.

11/21/2018 5:10:19 PM #5

OK, basics for a Town include a town hall, tavern, and well; all of which should be provide at the initial start. As said, we are not starting from scratch, The town is there we just take over. Some of the things you need to consider, 1. farm land to feed your people (and supply the tavern with food), 2. shops to provide the supplies needed, and 3. what ever specific buildings you want to have. Examples: my tavern keeper is getting into cooking and brewing so I Have purchased a bakers kit and wine makers starter kit for use by her tavern (which is already there). I have bought a stable and a guild hall for use by the town. If we do not get a guild to move in, the Guild Hall will make an excellent market place, vendors workstations, and warehouse for goods. These are examples of my planning, not requirements that must be. Waiting to see just what you get and the lay of the land is not a bad idea. You just plan your town, there is no wrong answer.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

11/21/2018 6:23:05 PM #6

Towns are there for commerce, trading, etc. People could just as well live spread around the county in their small huts and live off their small gardens and fields or hunting. But when they want to gather together sometimes to benefit from others, they need that marketplace and shops. Everything else is pretty much extra support or services for gathered masses. Of cource the masses also create opportunities for those not so necessary trades and services.