COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Settlement selection as a mayor!?

If i like to play as a Dras.... but i buy a mayor package. Am I only able to play in the swamps??? Or is it even possible in another biom?

In settlement selection... do i pick my race there too? Or will this be locked in character creation later?

Probably it would be the best to pick the tribe and then there are just possible spots left!?

C-eye

11/22/2018 1:40:44 PM #1

Other biomes are possible. The number of dras will become fewer and fewer the further away from their home biomes you go so starting as a dras mayor becomes increasingly unlikely the further away you are. Dras mayors should be available across much of the southern portion of the game.

11/22/2018 2:24:45 PM #2

During KoE you can play a Dras as your ancestor, migrate to a differnt biome and settle there. Then in exposition, you can chose your character from this Drasean family and become the mayor of the settlement.

11/22/2018 5:22:43 PM #3

Domain and Settlement Selection is still being fleshed out atm, but expect that if you want to be a title holder you will have to be in the tribal majority of your area.

I suggest if you really want to play a specific tribe, don't pledge higher than gentry, or be prepared to play in their home biome.

11/23/2018 12:00:37 PM #4

There are posts in General Discussion and on Discord discussing how to go about making a "foreigner" settlement. The gist of it is that it is far easier if the "foreign" is nearby rather than far away.

Depending on how advanced sea travel is by KoE or Exposition, seacoasts may allow greater range for foreigner settlements to be established, especially by seagoing people. This is only my opinion, because it has never been discussed by SBS.

I also want to play a particular tribe, so I have not purchased an Aristocracy package. It also helps that I don't want to be bothered setting up and running a town. I plan to live in a town, so I've purchased stuff that is intended to make me an attractive citizen prospect for a mayor that meets my standards.