COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Preparing us for Domain & settlement selection

As Map voting is over, and we are looking forward to domain / settlement selection, are there any plans to release more info on the biomes to help everyone get a general feel for each biome?

Some of the biomes shown in Map voting are new to us, and some people may want to know more about them before making a decision. To be precise, is it possible if some screenshots of the followings are shown at the "shinies time":

1) General environment of the biome, like what we had so far in the wiki page. (Broadleaf Forest, Mountain Steppe, Semi-arid desert, Swamp etc.)

2) Architecture / structure style of the dominant culture in a biome.

E.g.

[

3) Examples of Flora and Fauna in a biome.

With these info, I believe we will be more comfotable in telling the difference between the Salt Marsh vs the Marsh, or Tropical Wetland To'resk vs Woodland Savanna To'resk.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

11/26/2018 7:19:57 AM #1

I second the request.

11/26/2018 8:40:27 AM #2

it would be good to see some architecture

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

11/26/2018 9:10:21 AM #3

What I want to see more than anything else, I would take this over getting pre-elyria. The insides of a mountain!! How does the Hrothi settlement look like. How do the tunnels look like.. Ahh one can dream.

11/26/2018 10:13:48 AM #4

Posted By Gunnlang at 10:10 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

What I want to see more than anything else, I would take this over getting pre-elyria. The insides of a mountain!! How does the Hrothi settlement look like. How do the tunnels look like.. Ahh one can dream.

I totally agree

11/26/2018 2:18:37 PM #5

More info, Is always a good thing.

11/26/2018 2:27:24 PM #6

Posted By Peregrine Soulrain at 02:40 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

it would be good to see some architecture

+100

I don't know if the studio has been working on any of that yet but if they have, I'd love to see them pop up in a Friday shiny post once in a while.

11/26/2018 3:59:48 PM #7

I bet when it gets a bit closer, they will release some more information to help Kingdoms decide where they want to start. However, i think these will be general things and not a lot of detail as they want us to explore and discover things on our own. Any information we get would be great as i am trying to decide myself.

11/26/2018 4:05:36 PM #8

Posted By mcurtis at 07:59 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

I bet when it gets a bit closer, they will release some more information to help Kingdoms decide where they want to start. However, i think these will be general things and not a lot of detail as they want us to explore and discover things on our own. Any information we get would be great as i am trying to decide myself.

SbS has made it clear that during domain and settlement selection you will know about that area what is common knowledge.

So if there has been an iron mine in a village for 100 years, it stands to reason if you pick that settlement you will know there is a mine ahead of time.

Likewise architecture is something we would definitely know, and I for one am curious to see some Architectural shinies

11/26/2018 4:31:00 PM #9

Thanks for the input Labbe and agree. I was thinking more of the granular items such as flora and fauna but maybe to your point they will have that information.

11/26/2018 8:01:13 PM #10

I second this request, but I'm doubtful they'll honor it, I have been asking for toponomy for months and not even a reply.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

11/26/2018 11:26:41 PM #11

I would like to see the same building (maybe a cottage), but in the styles of each of the tribes and biomes. That way we can compare them.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

11/26/2018 11:58:39 PM #12

Posted By XEroticaX at 08:18 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

More info, Is always a good thing.

Agreed.

11/28/2018 2:23:12 PM #13

Posted By zimmah at 04:01 AM - Tue Nov 27 2018

I second this request, but I'm doubtful they'll honor it, I have been asking for toponomy for months and not even a reply.

Isn't that's why we created a thread, so that we can all ask together, and more likely to obtain a reply.

Posted By Draguta at 07:26 AM - Tue Nov 27 2018

I would like to see the same building (maybe a cottage), but in the styles of each of the tribes and biomes. That way we can compare them.

Direct comparison is always good, but I am afraid that not all of the artwork for the same building is done. I am satisfied as long as we have a general feeling how buildings look. I think this restriction can be a bit lax.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

12/5/2018 11:51:41 AM #14

I thought there would be an offline-tool for architecture :(

12/5/2018 4:03:46 PM #15

I very much hope there is more detailed biome info about each of the biomes before domain and settlement selection. While I am satisfied that they have said we'll have the knowledge of what is common knowledge about what is that area in regards to resources/topography/landscape and such, I really would like more info about the Biomes as the OP has said.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7