COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Story game and competitive game

I think that we need more games that the goal of the game is to create and share stories (like by example Rimworld) rather than games that turn around competition. I think CoE will be a game that turn around stories rather than "who's the best" and i like that. Everyone enjoy the game from start to the end when its like that, even if you are shitty at it haha.

Do you know other games like this?

I'm not hating competitives games, i like them too.

Friend code: D84D85

Qc

11/25/2018 7:05:37 PM #1

Posted By Gwow at

I think that we need more games that the goal of the game is to create and share stories (like by example Rimworld) rather than games that turn around competition. I think CoE will be a game that turn around stories rather than "who's the best" and i like that. Everyone enjoy the game from start to the end when its like that, even if you are shitty at it haha.

Do you know other games like this?

Ps: I'm not hating competitives games, i like them too.

Friend code: D84D85

Qc

11/25/2018 8:01:30 PM #2

I think it will be a mix of both, it will have story but the story does reward us. You'll hear about the best people doing a lot of the big story elements. Plus, the way the crafting system is set up, there will be "the best" of a profession.

I like competitive games normally because they motivate me. If there isn't anything to compare myself against I start putting less and less effort into the game until I get bored. Normally, npcs aren't enough competition.

But the good thing is, you don't have to be competitive if you don't want to. If you just want to be a humble blacksmith in a small town that does the work for his town you can. But if you do want to be the top blacksmith in the world, it will be very competitive.