COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Limit to number of parcels?

Trying to figure out if I'm going to buy a package so been reading. Kind of confused about this (and probably a lot more): https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19128/ep-kits-and-item-projection

When it says Land = 100 EP, is 'Land' the same as a parcel?

Kind of related -- I remember somewhere else that a town is around 25 parcels, City is 49 parcels, Capital is 81, etc. Not that I can afford it but could I buy Bloodline package, and enough EP to buy 81 parcels and proclaim myself mayor of a Capital if a 'Monument' is available to purchase by EP too? didn't see anything yet in the forums on limits....

11/26/2018 12:44:20 AM #1

Land being 100 EP was based on a generally non-coveted parcel of land, so parcels inside town might cost more. Parcels on the beach might cost more. This hasn't been too elaborated on yet (as far as I am aware), but 100 is the base price for the least coveted land.

Yes, you could buy parcels, build up the necessary buildings, and spawn in some NPCs during expo. This would be expensive, but it is a viable option.

If you planned to do this, I would start with a small town and build it up. Would be much easier than starting from scratch.

11/26/2018 1:01:06 AM #2

That helps. Though I still have no idea a target EP... Guess it would help if I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I'll keep reading - thanks!

11/26/2018 4:14:52 AM #3

Posted By Flumen at

Trying to figure out if I'm going to buy a package so been reading. Kind of confused about this (and probably a lot more): https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19128/ep-kits-and-item-projection

When it says Land = 100 EP, is 'Land' the same as a parcel?

Kind of related -- I remember somewhere else that a town is around 25 parcels, City is 49 parcels, Capital is 81, etc. Not that I can afford it but could I buy Bloodline package, and enough EP to buy 81 parcels and proclaim myself mayor of a Capital if a 'Monument' is available to purchase by EP too? didn't see anything yet in the forums on limits....

That would be much more costly than just buying a Mayor package. Also, the local count/duke will probably have any issue with you proclaiming your own county/city (capital is the county capital).

11/26/2018 4:38:33 AM #4

You can be a mayor of a capital but not a Capital. Your count wouldn't take too kindly to that.

11/26/2018 6:39:14 AM #5

Just some extra stuff for you Flumen.

What LegendofStein mentions is the fact that you can have a settlement the size of a capital, but the actually Capital for the county/duchy/kingdom will be run by their respective tiered leader.

Also Mandrake has a great guide here that can help you determine a starting place for how much EP you might need if you had various tiered pledge packages.

11/26/2018 6:51:28 AM #6

Pledge to some one don't go out on your own. I am sure that the Duke or Count will help you in your project if you will be part of a team and pay your tax. Sharing a common goal with a Duke it is important. The other solution is going on your own, proclaime your self independent and risk of being flatten by your Duke or Count or King.

11/26/2018 7:49:48 AM #7

It's going to be way easier just buying land in game. Over buying it with EP. EP land costing different amounts, makes it really just not worth it. Any decent mayor, is going to help people build up. Thus selling them land cheap enough. Save EP for other things.

11/26/2018 4:17:47 PM #8

Seeing as the game is starting without an economic system in place, and taxes will likely be goods based, I’d say get a mayor package, and buy up some infrastructure buildings and land with EP. The NPCs will create wealth for you.

11/26/2018 4:24:16 PM #9

Don't forget a parcel of land is "each parcel of land is 64x64m (4096 square meters), which can hold many buildings. A typical starting building might be 36 square meters, as an indication."

Taken from here and a good refresher link: land housing construction

12/8/2018 1:42:41 AM #10

I would suggest visiting your designated server discord and talk to the different kingdoms a lot of the time everyone is super friendly and willing to help you grow without the need of you wasting EP on land. For example In the kingdom that I decided to call home the Count there offered my ## land to help develop the game I'm responsible for raising livestock. Now I take that word responsible light in this case because it was something I wanted to do myself but like you I was afraid I was going to have to buy land with ep and build it up even slower with EP...But as of now the Count has contracted me to do what I wanted to do anyways and after a certain amount of time will gift me the land I am already leasing for free as a reward for helping develop the land.

Dont think of this as just any mmo lots of things can be done in different ways.

For example the Count could lease me any number of parcels to help develop the land and lets say,

for example he leases me 9 parcels that's already big enough for a village which I would be able to become a Mayor of anyways. Thus all you would need is a Bloodline package and a similar agreement with a Count and you can be that much closer to help create the game.

If you have any questions feel free to message me

12/8/2018 8:47:18 AM #11

I recall reading that settlement building requirements are cumulative, at least for some things (DJ18). In particular, every parcel needs to be adjacent to a source of water:

> >The well we first built only covers a 3x3 area. So as you expand, you'll need to put in more wells ... >

If this principle holds for other structures besides wells, larger settlements may need multiples of taverns and courthouses, too. How many taverns will a 25-parcel town need to make sure every parcel has the benefits of a tavern, for instance? We know that it will need at least 3 wells, if it is not on a river, and that the adjacency requirement may dictate a shape that increases the number if the layout is non-optimal.

This merely shows that the costs to found a settlement may not be as straightforward as getting a minimum number of parcels and the minimum number of qualifying structures.