COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Question about law

Hi all. I wanted to know, if i, for example, steal something or kill someone and an bounty token gets created, does this just counts for that one kingdom i did the crime or does it count everywhere?

Friend Code: B08D3B

11/26/2018 2:24:33 AM #1

Bounty hunters can chase you anywhere. Whether local authorities care is more a matter of their personal persuasion.

11/26/2018 7:15:25 AM #2

Hey Wolfens,
welcome to the CoE community :)

Here's some (albeit dated) response to that very question, but please keep in mind that there can be changes made to the system as is necessary for an optimal game experience during testing phases:

Q: “With bounties and claiming them, if you leave a kingdom. Can the bounty hunters still capture and bind you to walk out back to their offending kingdom?”

A: That depends on whether or not the kingdom has a treaty or not, if they do not the answer is no. By that I mean an extradition treaty, if the kingdoms do not have an extradition treaty and there is a bounty token for somebody and a person makes it across the border to another kingdom, your bounty token is no-good in that other kingdom and engaging in combat with someone will flag you as a criminal.

Source

Hope this helps,
MoonChaser

11/26/2018 12:19:34 PM #3

Posted By MoonChaser at 08:15 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

Hey Wolfens,
welcome to the CoE community :)

Here's some (albeit dated) response to that very question, but please keep in mind that there can be changes made to the system as is necessary for an optimal game experience during testing phases:

Hope this helps,
MoonChaser

Hi MoonChaser and thank you, though now i got a other question with that. Dont i normaly need to blame someone to make him flaged as criminal? Since the attacked one doesnt know my identity (i guess).

Friend Code: B08D3B

11/30/2018 7:51:02 PM #4

Posted By Wolfens at 1:19 PM - Mon Nov 26 2018

Hi MoonChaser and thank you, though now i got a other question with that. Dont i normaly need to blame someone to make him flaged as criminal? Since the attacked one doesnt know my identity (i guess).

Anybody who witnesses the culprit commit the crime will have that character flaged as a criminal and can take action, but blaming won't flag him as a criminal to other characters. Also, the flag is not required to take action. It would be illegal at the time, but since the court ran by players will decide about crimes when in doubt, there's a good chance for the helper to get away uncharged. Especially since crimes always leave behind evidence; however to recognize and collect it the forensic skill needs to be close enough to the deviant skill of the criminal. Furthermore, it is easier to prove you're not guilty than to prove that someone is guilty as you can read in the previous quote.

Everything subject to change by testing.

Hope this helps,
MoonChaser

12/1/2018 12:19:37 AM #5

Hiya Wolfens, nice post. This might be helpful. Check this link out at some point:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/25807/Design-Journal-Communication

(Props to EpicFace for hunting this stuff down)